Peterson: AU defense seems very Alabama-ish

WFE12

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yep, you can't be a 19 time World Champion without losing 18 times. 

Not to mention the thousands of times the zebras played unconscious and allowed Flair/bammer to escape. 

On 8/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, Tigerbelle said:

NO....our defense looks very Auburn Tiger-ish. 

i like coach peterson and i know he meant that to be a compliment but i believe our team can stand on its on without any comparisons to the turds.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i like coach peterson and i know he meant that to be a compliment but i believe our team can stand on its on without any comparisons to the turds.

+1  They are about to be on the big stage vs another top 10 teams.  This defense will assert their authority against a seasoned, experienced QB/WR group and the nation will watch the Tigers dominate.  WDE!:largeAU:

Just now, keesler said:

+1  They are about to be on the big stage vs another top 10 teams.  This defense will assert their authority against a seasoned, experienced QB/WR group and the nation will watch the Tigers dominate.  WDE!:largeAU:

war eagle baby!!!!!!!!! i am supposed to receive a 55 inch tv today if fedex runs on time. at 64 i do not get out much and this big screen has me excited.what is even better is i bought a stereo .....a real one........to hook up....to hear them pads popping on game day. and i am thinking of going to jville and getting me some cooter brown ribs to feast upon. man i love me some fall and some auburn tigers..........

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

war eagle baby!!!!!!!!! i am supposed to receive a 55 inch tv today if fedex runs on time. at 64 i do not get out much and this big screen has me excited.what is even better is i bought a stereo .....a real one........to hook up....to hear them pads popping on game day. and i am thinking of going to jville and getting me some cooter brown ribs to feast upon. man i love me some fall and some auburn tigers..........

What time should I arrive brother! ? 

1 minute ago, toddc said:

What time should I arrive brother! ? 

i will let ya know when it is all set up!   lol

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than a lot of you think it is. They're not a slouch at all and we're breaking in a brand new OL.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than a lot of you think it is. They're not a slouch at all and we're breaking in a brand new OL.

Plus they run that 2-4-5 defense that we're not used to. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I definitely just don't want this site to get their hopes up. We are a very good football team with a ton of talent, but so is Washington. They're well coached, do a lot of stuff very clean, and Browning is very accurate when given time. We've been historically very good again the Pac-12 but it will all go back to how our OL plays.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I definitely just don't want this site to get their hopes up. We are a very good football team with a ton of talent, but so is Washington. They're well coached, do a lot of stuff very clean, and Browning is very accurate when given time. We've been historically very good again the Pac-12 but it will all go back to how our OL plays.

@ Rutgers W 30 14
Montana W 63 7
Fresno State W 48 16
@ Colorado W 37 10
@ Oregon State W 42 7
California W 38 7
@ Arizona State L 7 13
UCLA W 44 23
Oregon W 38 3
@ Stanford L 22 30
Utah W 33 30
(14) Washington State W 41 14
(9) Penn State L 28 35

i know they are a good team and well coached but their record last year just does not scare me that much.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's very similar to a 4-3 under front.  Where both ends will be in 5's and your tackles will be in a 3 and a shade.  The major difference on the line is that both ends will be standing rather than playing with their hands in the dirt.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

@ Rutgers W 30 14
Montana W 63 7
Fresno State W 48 16
@ Colorado W 37 10
@ Oregon State W 42 7
California W 38 7
@ Arizona State L 7 13
UCLA W 44 23
Oregon W 38 3
@ Stanford L 22 30
Utah W 33 30
(14) Washington State W 41 14
(9) Penn State L 28 35

i know they are a good team and well coached but their record last year just does not scare me that much.

I don't tend to look at last years schedule of any team and make a claim for the current season. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don't tend to look at last years schedule of any team and make a claim for the current season. 

whatever works for ya clayton. i will never claim to be an expert but sometimes i do enjoy hearing myself talk........

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

whatever works for ya clayton. i will never claim to be an expert but sometimes i do enjoy hearing myself talk........

Not going against you. They might be overrated but maybe Auburn is too? You just never know this early. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I look at them almost like a Bill Snyder team with much better talent. Not SEC talent, but very good talent. They have 2 projected first rounders- an OL and a DB- and a damned good QB. I'm with you. I'm not sleeping on that. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's very similar to a 4-3 under front.  Where both ends will be in 5's and your tackles will be in a 3 and a shade.  The major difference on the line is that both ends will be standing rather than playing with their hands in the dirt.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Image result for shaking head no gif

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not going against you. They might be overrated but maybe Auburn is too? You just never know this early. 

i am hoping this is the year we are not snake bit early. and truthfully i am more concerned of us screwing ourselves than washington beating us soundly. but i have major respect for peterson so yes i have a couple of doubts lurking in the back of my mind. i just think everything improves for us this year. coaching included..............

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am hoping this is the year we are not snake bit early. and truthfully i am more concerned of us screwing ourselves than washington beating us soundly. but i have major respect for peterson so yes i have a couple of doubts lurking in the back of my mind. i just think everything improves for us this year. coaching included..............

Yeah, we haven't been snake bit early. We've just sucked.

But in the one year that we had as much going for us as we do this year, we were damned good on offense to start the season. Your optimism is justified. 

Archived