2018 Auburn vs. Washington Score Prediction

Zeek

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope I’m wrong but with an inexperienced offensive line and no proven (returning) running game. I’ll take Washington but believe this game will help us long term.

Washington 26

Auburn 24

Concerned about our O-line & concerned about Stidham having that "deer in the headlights" look as he shakes off the off season rust.  Here's to hoping I am wrong on both!

I  feel like we will be pleasantly surprised by our run game. I also believe our receivers will drop some jaws by the excellence of their play.  Even though it is a tall order, I believe Auburn's defense will at least be as stout as last year.  Looking forward to our boys playing and hopefully beating one of the best teams in the nation.  

My prediction:  Good guys- 28  Huskies- 17.

War Eagle everyone!

Us- 19

Them - 24

I'm just afraid with no proven finisher around the goal line our redzone trips will result in field goals.

Malzahn meddles in the offense again, we, unfortunately, cannot get a run game going, and Stidham struggles to find open receivers due to their solid defensive backfield.  Washington scores 2 offensive TDs on short fields and wins 20-13.  

Just now, Mikey said:

AU 27

UW 13

Lotsa' field goals!

I'm always confident if a game turns into a field goal battle we'll be alright.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, DunwoodyTiger said:

HA - nice first post Huskie, or Bammer, or Dawg, or...[insert rival or opponent]

Coming from the guy with only 9 posts? I assure you I'm orange and blue through and through.

Had a dream about this game last night and I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

Will give Peterson and his program respect and I expect they'll come out ready to play ball and make a statement. I think it'll be a defensive slugfest from start to finish with this being game 1 on the season mixed in with a lot of talent on both squads and pride on the line. Washington scores first, Auburn's offense struggles to find it's rhythm (new o-line gelling and new tailbacks) but our defense keeps this game in striking distance. Let's face it, there is talent on the west coast, but where as Washington may see one or two guys on the d-line a game that are game changers, Auburn is going to line 4 game changers up from the start of the game and we're gonna rotate and I just don't think our boys will be sucking air come the 4th quarter. After trailing by a few points for the game, Stidham swings the momentum our way with a late touchdown to put us followed by the defense getting a nice strip sack of Browning late in the 4th for the only turnover of the game setting us up on short field.

Auburn puts the game away late.

Auburn 28

Washington 17

On 8/28/2018 at 7:48 AM, War Cav Eagle said:

AU 21

UW 17

So close...

On 8/29/2018 at 12:29 PM, CullmanTiger said:

I just can't get the Clemson games and other early games out of my mind, 21-16 Washington

Oof right score wrong team

9 hours ago, DunwoodyTiger said:

Well there's a first - I think I pretty much called it!  WDE!

Yup! You win week 1!

Archived