***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Does anyone have an assessment of how Kaleb Kim played? Didn’t really pay attention to him specifically 

If I remember right his block helped the first TD. But I saw some good blocks, but the big thing is we didn’t get but maybe one false start and no bad snaps to JS

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Hey Cole. Welcome back. Ain’t seen you in a few months. Now you’re back to tell us how much we suck, after beating a top ten team. Pound sand, young man. 

He will never be happy until we hire a “”Croom” type coach... his bias (racism) has and always will be obvious. This goes back years.  

1 hour ago, Roos said:

I think the OL will jell, and while they really were not terrible today they need a lot of improvement, which I think the jelling & improvement will come in time, 

and our backs could do a little better picking their holes and breaking it outside

I guarantee you that JB is already burning the midnight oil studying the OL and breaking down how we can and will improve starting next weekend.

So I have good things my only complaint is we didn’t see enough of Worm. His one run looked good. I think we have a good stable of RBs . Probably going to be more by committee than previous years. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He will never be happy until we hire a “”Croom” type coach... his bias (racism) has and always will be obvious. This goes back years.  

I've been on this forum for a long time - and Cole and I haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but racism is something I've never seen from him. What a strange accusation.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I've been on this forum for a long time - and Cole and I haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but racism is something I've never seen from him. What a strange accusation.

Trust me keep watching.  Every year the same crap.  

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is the typical crap thats posted all game long. Everything bad is Malzahn. Anything good - no credit. Very old. Refer to the "effiminate" fan remarks earlier in the thread. I think some of you guys watch the game just so you have something to whine about.

It’s not crap. Just facts. I want y’all to keep this same energy/logic going forward though. Great win and WDE

1 hour ago, Tigerfinz said:

At least the UW fans we were around told us we were way better fans than Bama fans...I'll take that and a win!

That's a pretty low bar

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Underachieved ? We just beat the # 6 team on a neutral field and we underachieved . That is really hard to believe.

It was a great win! But think UW overrated. We have to play better than that if we are to compete with the Bamas Georgias Ohio States Oklahomas of the world. Especially on the road. That’s just the world we live in now 

Like the Whitlow ran over the DB going into the endzone.  Wish those Field goals were TD's and we would have blown them out.  Don't know why we got away from some of the passes. I thought the freshman recievers did a good job getting open. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for the OL. good win and damn sure beats losing.

1 minute ago, agent_jack said:

It’s not crap. Just facts. I want y’all to keep this same energy/logic going forward though. Great win and WDE

Haha. That really substantiated your post. Its called your OPINION, and just because it's yours doesnt make it fact.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

We win! I imagine we won’t see any Washington folks around. Noah is a going to be a great CB. I don’t care what anyone says. He has pretty dang good instincts 

My take-away from this game is if the secondary and OL don't improve, it's going to be a long year.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So I have good things my only complaint is we didn’t see enough of Worm. His one run looked good. I think we have a good stable of RBs . Probably going to be more by committee than previous years. 

I think it’s just a matter of time before he’s used quite a bit. Wasn’t a real good situation today to throw him in, I’d like to think that anyways. Kid is obviously a playmaker and we need all we can get apparently. 

6 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

It was a great win! But think UW overrated. We have to play better than that if we are to compete with the Bamas Georgias Ohio States Oklahomas of the world. Especially on the road. That’s just the world we live in now 

I agree, great win. But we need to see a Gus-coached team put four solid quarters of football together for a change. Too many patterns we have seen over the years with AU under Malzahn, like getting too conservative once he gets a lead and not scoring in the red zone, keep creeping up. If those patterns can improve, I think there is a lot of talent on this team and the sky is the limit this year.

It may have already been brought up, but the targeting penalty against UW that was overturned was a gutless pathetic reversal that should have not been overturned and allowed to stand. The UW player almost took our player's head off. The announcers were even more pathetic when they went to bat for UW right off of the bat saying that it should have been overturned.. I have seen some plays today on different games where the team(s) were called for targeting on far less substantial grounds.

So glad I got to see our boys today. War Damn Eagle yall!!!  We just beat a legit top ten team!  To start a season no less...we have a chance to improve greatly over the next few weeks. If we can, oh, what dreams may come.

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Does anyone have an assessment of how Kaleb Kim played? Didn’t really pay attention to him specifically 

Pretty well, he executed a couple of really good reach blocks in the 2nd quarter that I remember. Actually the whole interior of the line had a really nice game. The tackles...were ok. Prince and Driscoll were good in pass protection, but Prince still struggles with letting guys cross his face in zone blocking patterns. Also Dricoll got ZERO push in his drive or zone blocks. I'd say he was the weakest link on the entire offense.

As for other areas,  corners were very good, Browning just put it in the perfect spot a couple of times. Front 7 was amazing as was expected. I don't know what the coaches saw in fall in camp, but Marshall's one punt was as bad or maybe worse than his horrible efforts last year where as Siposs had two nice punts.

The first two point conversion effort was wide open, I have no idea Willis didn't throw the ball. I liked the play call on the second one, Washington just made a good play staying home.

Archived