***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

After a frustrating offensive game like that anyone else want us to hang 100 on Alabama State ? I want Whitlow and Kam to get 200+

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He will never be happy until we hire a “”Croom” type coach... his bias (racism) has and always will be obvious. This goes back years.  

You're a complete idiot, but that was forgivable....

9 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

It was a great win! But think UW overrated. We have to play better than that if we are to compete with the Bamas Georgias Ohio States Oklahomas of the world. Especially on the road. That’s just the world we live in now 

I think you need to take a deeper and more thorough look with assessing UW. They are on par with any of the top SEC teams and will be proven as the season progresses. It would not surprise me at all if UW winds up 10-2 or maybe 11-1 at seasons end. We played a team that easily could go toe to toe with bammer & Uga.

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've been on this forum for a long time - and Cole and I haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but racism is something I've never seen from him. What a strange accusation.

It's a shame but some people are brought up so spoiled that if you disagree with them their world ends. They take it personal. Even things as simple as football

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What would you guys give qb play today? I'd give qb a  B-

hb gets a B

Cox gets an A- 

o line B-

wr's get an A-

I give him a B/B+. Super accurate with protection, protected the ball and made some nice plays with his feet. Completed 72% of his passes.

Showed a lack of awareness of the rush at times, and other times showed an over awareness (happy feet). Pocket presence still his biggest problem. Hope to see it improve along with the offensive line. 

If anyone wants to see what great pocket awareness looks like, Tua over at Bama is phenomenal.

Oh, and one small rant before I forget it- WTF was up with running the CoxCat for the two-point conversion after the last touchdown? Cox had a great game but I thought the CoxCat had finally been put out of its miserable existence. What´s next, the Whirlybird? :banghead:

033D417D-DDF5-4BE2-9B2C-C3357DE45011.gif

Grimes will have these boys in fighting shape. Hope we get use the new rule and get a lot of potential red shirters in next week.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That from you means I’m on the right track in life.  

Croom type coach huh? Who's the racist? All that because Gus didn't out coach anybody? What are you? His secret lover? 

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

We got a lot of work to do but I'll take it!!! War Eagle!!!!!!!

You make it back in the house yet?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

And Boobie is still dancing...

On the draw Boobie didn't Dance that is why when he got hit near the goal line he was able to regroup and score.  He has speed and power and he loses that when he dances also he didn't catch a swing pass that he should have caught. Kam did well catching passes and running after.  I believe Kam played a better all round game then Boobie but both need to take it up a notch. Both need to run hard and pick up yards after being hit. A lot of the 2-4 yard gains would  have been 4-6 yard games which puts the D behind the 8 ball.

The player on the O-line I want to give credit to was Kim. First game starting against a real strong tackle and he held his own. I never saw him get overpowered was he great no but we were all so worried he would be the weak link. 

I don't know if it is coaching or Stidham himself but he only seems to throw to players who are wide open and that is why he seems to hang on to the ball to long at times. I think we have some receivers who can win the battle in close quarters so sometimes even if not great separation you have to let your receivers help you. Big improvement on the O in passing to the backs especially when we let them turn up field before passing to them. Cox became the kind of security blanket I would expect from a quality TE.  

This game was a mixed bag of positives and negatives but biggest positive was winning drive at the end and then D stepping up to hold the lead. 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's a shame but some people are brought up so spoiled that if you disagree with them their world ends. They take it personal. Even things as simple as football

If you think I came up spoiled you’re sadly mistaken.  Both parents worked for less then $10/hr and I have 7 siblings...  I basically grew up dirt poor. 

Ever had to use powered milk for cereal.  How about water, vanilla flavoring, and suger heated up for syrup for whole cakes for bfast?  

We can keep the personal attacks going but I said my peace and know what you stand for... so good luck to you in life.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Croom type coach huh? Who's the racist? All that because Gus didn't out coach anybody? What are you? His secret lover? 

JJ still a better QB then Sean White?  Lol

Frustrating moments during the game for sure but Auburn beat a top 10 team to begin the season. I'm sure any team and fanbase would take that. Hate the penalties and not finishing drives but UW had the same issues. As stated earlier UW may be overrated today but the season will bear them out as it will Auburn. Stidham was accurate passing but was indecisive at times and I guess I was expecting more than I saw in several times when he held the ball too long. Very nice seeing them get it together on the last drive to take the lead. It's great to be 1-0. 

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

If you think I came up spoiled you’re sadly mistaken.  Both parents worked for less then $10/hr and I have 7 siblings...  I basically grew up dirt poor. 

Ever had to use powered milk for cereal.  How about water, vanilla flavoring, and suger heated up for syrup for whole cakes for bfast?  

We can keep the personal attacks going but I said my peace and know what you stand for... so good luck to you in life.

I'm sorry massa

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He will never be happy until we hire a “”Croom” type coach... his bias (racism) has and always will be obvious. This goes back years.  

I’ve got no reason to think cole’s anti-Gus sentiments are race related. He just seems to hate Gus like some people hate the president. Nothing to do with race at all. 

Archived