Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

bull****. It underscores the obvious tactic at play.

Either engage this discussion with some thoughtfulness, or go away.  I'm not here for you to do your drive-by s*** fling.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Either engage this discussion with some thoughtfulness, or go away.  I'm not here for you to do your drive-by s*** fling.

So if a person thinks these allegations are complete and utter BS in furtherance of a political ploy to bank on Primary outcomes, they should just go away?

Great. Guess the forum would be funner with posters who all agree with one another.... LOL

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So if a person thinks these allegations are complete and utter BS in furtherance of a political ploy to bank on Primary outcomes, they should just go away?

If someone wants to be flippant and dismissive about serious allegations like this, yes, they should go away.

Great. Guess the forum would be funner with posters who all agree with one another.... LOL

No, but it would be 'funner' with posters who could all discussion serious things with some semblance of thought and consideration.  Unfortunately, your typical side of most of these discussions has a really hard time with it and frankly, it's embarrassing.

So unless you have something of substance to contribute to this conversation, simply move on to lighter-weight fare that's more your speed.

Future contributions of this ilk from you in the thread will simply go poof.  Not wasting anyone's time dealing with such.

If someone wants to be flippant and dismissive about serious allegations like this, yes, they should go away.

No, but it would be 'funner' with posters who could all discussion serious things with some semblance of thought and consideration.  Unfortunately, your typical side of most of these discussions has a really hard time with it and frankly, it's embarrassing.

So unless you have something of substance to contribute to this conversation, simply move on to lighter-weight fare that's more your speed.

Future contributions of this ilk from you in the thread will simply go poof.  Not wasting anyone's time dealing with such.

My thoughts are that the allegations are complete and utter BS. I don’t have to think the allegations are “serious.” I can think they are ridiculous. 

But apparently that’s not ok with you. LOL! Guess this one will go “poof.” 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

My thoughts are that the allegations are complete and utter BS. I don’t have to think the allegations are “serious.” I can think they are ridiculous. 

When an accomplished, professional woman with zero history of being mentally unstable, or making false accusations or anything comes forward to say that a man being considered for a lifetime, unelected appointment to the highest court in the land tried to rape her, it's automatically serious, regardless of your opinion.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

But apparently that’s not ok with you. LOL! Guess this one will go “poof.” 

Nope, it's not ok with any decent human being.  So, feel free to find some other thread down on your level, but this grade of participation in this one for you is over.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Unless my memory fails, Hill suffered no consequences. If the parties testify first, there will be consequences for lying to congress if it can be determined that one of them lied..

Now there's a thought. Let them both testify and then have the FBI investigate possible perjury since then it would be a federal crime and justify FBI investigation.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Now there's a thought. Let them both testify and then have the FBI investigate possible perjury since then it would be a federal crime and justify FBI investigation.

I don't think anyone has objected to this.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Nola....thanks for hanging in there. You got the usual MO because you dare to challenge.

Actually, his problem was not challenging at all, just being flippant and dismissive.

And if you can't add anything more than cheerleading, you can stop posting too.  But if you have something of substance to contribute by all means do so.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think anyone has objected to this.

Has anyone suggested it? If not, how could there be objections.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Has anyone suggested it? If not, how could there be objections.

The fact that everyone is calling for the testimony to be under oath and for the FBI to investigate suggests it all by itself.  No one was suggesting that we let it be under oath and officially investigated but somehow make lying immune to consequences.  

The fact that everyone is calling for the testimony to be under oath and for the FBI to investigate suggests it all by itself.  No one was suggesting that we let it be under oath and officially investigated but somehow make lying immune to consequences.  

All I have seen is calls for an investigation BEFORE the hearing where there is no federal crime involved. I suggested and FBI investigation AFTER the hearing since perjury in this case would be a federal crime.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Good grief dude. Like what? 

I'm not making your arguments for you.  I'm just telling you that flippantly dismissing an accusation of attempted rape just because you think she should have come forward sooner or you just don't like it is a tactic for the smack forum.  We're discussing it more in depth here.  You can be part of that kind of conversation or you can sit this one out.

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

No,  i was right. You were wrong. I was exacting in what I said. Keyser was named as being at the party with KB a Ford. Keyser proactively said she did not know KB and had never met him. I think we can then easily deduce that she was not at the party. Ford obviously got this part of her statements wrong.

You claimed she said "it didn't happen", which was false and misleading.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

All I have seen is calls for an investigation BEFORE the hearing where there is no federal crime involved. I suggested and FBI investigation AFTER the hearing since perjury in this case would be a federal crime.

Perjury is in play regardless of when the FBI investigates.

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I never addressed anything about inside the room. I was speaking specifically about Ford's statements about the party and who was there. Her own lifetime friend said she was not there. She did not know KB and had never met him. The two men had responded that they did not recollect. Keyser did not say that. Keyser was emphatic that she was not there and had never met and did not know KB.

ALL THIS IS MOOT NOW ANYWAY...Whatever Ford's testimony lacked Farrow's article has in a landslide. 
Kavanaugh needs to withdraw and start repairing his family. Trump needs to withdraw his name and move on.

Stop weaseling. You misrepresented her testimony, period.  Go back and look.  She never said "it didn't happen".

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not making your arguments for you.  I'm just telling you that flippantly dismissing an accusation of attempted rape just because you think she should have come forward sooner or you just don't like it is a tactic for the smack forum.  We're discussing it more in depth here.  You can be part of that kind of conversation or you can sit this one out.

I fully agree it should have been in the smack forum a LONG time ago where I originally started it. Nola for sure didn't start the smack

I fully agree it should have been in the smack forum a LONG time ago where I originally started it. Nola for sure didn't start the smack

It warrants more serious consideration than the smack forum typically goes for.  And for the most part it has been discussed well.  We just have a few folks who struggle with more mature conversation.

Perjury is in play regardless of when the FBI investigates.

But it's a crime only after it happened. Has Ford testified under oath to any federal authority.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No one fathomed another SCOTUS pick this soon. The Dems could do nothing. Timing didn't work in their favor. All they are trying to accomplish through this is getting a republican on board with them. Very different.

No one fathomed one of the octogenarians might leave the court. Okay. ?

But it's a crime only after it happened. Has Ford testified under oath to any federal authority.

You're not making any sense.  Regardless of when the FBI investigates, if anyone in this hearing intentionally testifies under oath something that is found to be false, they are subject to perjury charges.  It is not dependent upon whether they investigate before or after.

It warrants more serious consideration than the smack forum typically goes for.  And for the most part it has been discussed well.  We just have a few folks who struggle with more mature conversation.

That is a matter of judgement and sometimes the accusation is by someone who don't want to hear the opinion of people they don't agree with. That is evident in spades in this thread.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That’s one element I take into account. I’ve already mentioned how Feinstein sat on it, and ties both accusers have with Dems. You don’t like my position. It’s quite simple 

Archived