Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Then in less than 24 hours someone else speaks out with "This new he/she grabbed my titty in seventh grade. Or maybe it was sixth grade or possibly eighth grade and maybe at school or maybe at somebody's birthday party but I'm sure it happened".

No, this case must be met head-on and resolved for the sake of future years.

Yeah, just like the Clarence Thomas hearing was "resolved".   ;D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I guess because my point the entire time was that it wasn't necessary and I didn't get why you thought it was important.

Weak but OK. I guess a simple suggestion of something I thought would be interesting just isn't important to you. So be it.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The times they are a' changin'. It worked with Moore, who I found to be despicable for reasons other than unsubstantiated allegations. Why not move up a few notches and try it again? To date, there is nothing in Kavanaugh's past to indicate such behavior except questionable claims.

A NYT reporter interviewed on TV around noon CST said the Times is not reporting further on the second accuser because they interviewed too many people, around two dozen, who dispute her claim. Of course, with news changing hourly I don't know how long that will hold true, but that was the statement today at noon.

Well, there is Judge's book which confirms the excessive drunken partying.

Now I realize drunken partying is not exactly unusual, but doing it to the extent it becomes "book worthy" says something.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

In this case, would you also be willing to hold up any votes until the FBI was done?

No because, as been said over and over, there is nothing for the FBI to get involved with. It is out of their normal scope since no federal crime is involved.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Kavanaugh and his wife to be interviewed on FoxNews at 6pm CDT. Should be an interesting preview of his defense at the Thursday hearing.

I think he did a great and sincere interview defending his integrity. He didn't slam Ford and said she probably had such  an incounter but it just wasn't him. He noted the tons of women supporting him and over and over said all he wanted was a fait process. I don't know what else anyone could ask. I look forward now to hearing both him and Ford Thursday.

tfw one of your character witnesses heard what you had to say about her in your annual. 

30 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think he did a great and sincere interview defending his integrity. He didn't slam Ford and said she probably had such  an incounter but it just wasn't him. He noted the tons of women supporting him and over and over said all he wanted was a fait process. I don't know what else anyone could ask. I look forward now to hearing both him and Ford Thursday.

Given the tweet I just posted above, he's so obviously, shamelessly lying, it's laughable. 

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Given the tweet I just posted above, he's so obviously, shamelessly lying, it's laughable. 

You are right again Ben. That tweet proves he was lying. Renate is furious and will say more.

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are right again Ben. That tweet proves he was lying. Renate is furious and will say more.

Showing he was an active participant in this filth culture after he denied it.

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Showing he was an active participant in this filth culture after he denied it.

Ben this crap is a joke and a smear. I realize you are smarter than the rest of us but go back after 30 or 35 years ( hell 10 years works) and read your high school annual.  Statements unreal and exaggerated. Best thing to do is throw the silly damn thing in the bay. 

Jeez

Ms. Dolphin said she had never kissed Judge Kavanaugh. “I think Brett must have me confused with someone else, because I never kissed him,” she said through her lawyer.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

tfw one of your character witnesses heard what you had to say about her in your annual. 

fw one of your character witnesses heard what you had to say about her in your annual. 

Don't  know about his HS but students don't or didn't write their comments that accompanied pictures.....agree it's not a flattering commentary but no telling who actually wrote it....and unfortunately things not in good taste are commonly found in HS annuals..   but ;you probably knew that didn't you. .

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Ben this crap is a joke and a smear. I realize you are smarter than the rest of us but go back after 30 or 35 years ( hell 10 years works) and read your high school annual.  Statements unreal and exaggerated. Best thing to do is throw the silly damn thing in the bay. 

Jeez

Surely you're putting on an act. One wonders how any individual could be so damned dense. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

fw one of your character witnesses heard what you had to say about her in your annual. 

Don't  know about his HS but students don't or didn't write their comments that accompanied pictures.....agree it's not a flattering commentary but no telling who actually wrote it

Did in my high school.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

....and unfortunately things not in good taste are commonly found in HS annuals..   but ;you probably knew that didn't you. .

Anything like that finds its way into a yearbook back when I was in school meant punishment. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Did in my high school.

Anything like that finds its way into a yearbook back when I was in school meant punishment. 

Not back in my days....and little snippy comments were not that uncommon from the girls who prepared the year book   And so before you "assume" anything about the author you might want to actually know a few of the facts.   

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You have done a wonderful job of proving dense regarding this deal Ben. 

And the bleeding obvious bounces off of you. How much more obvious could it get? 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not back in my days....and little snippy comments were not that uncommon from the girls who prepared the year book   And so before you "assume" anything about the author you might want to actually know a few of the facts.   

Link

"Two of Kavanaugh’s classmates told The New York Times that the “Renate Alumni” joke was related to “unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests” at the time."

Claiming he didn't write it is the defense if the damned. At best, he's making s*** up, but that doesn't really speak well about his character at the time either. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Link

"Two of Kavanaugh’s classmates told The New York Times that the “Renate Alumni” joke was related to “unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests” at the time."

Claiming he didn't write it is the defense if the damned. At best, he's making s*** up, but that doesn't really speak well about his character at the time either. 

You are apparently just being argumentative for the sake of it....no college grad could be that gullible or dense ….at least not an Auburn grad. ...but you are starting to make me wonder...:dunno:

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That's why some are saying the smart play would be to go ahead and withdraw Kavanaugh's name now.  Raise hell and blame it on the Dems and say he wasn't going to get a fair hearing if you want.  Then put forward a more conservative candidate that you know doesn't have that baggage.  If it were me, I'd choose a woman like Barrett but she's not the only option.  Don't risk dragging this out too close or past the midterms.

Mark this down. The candidate they want is Barrett. They are chomping at the bit with some dirt they have on her.

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Mark this down. The candidate they want is Barrett. They are chomping at the bit with some dirt they have on her.

True...dems would not cut her any slack whatsoever  just because she is a woman.   Furthermore,  the female dems will be the toughest on her just to prove that they are "fair" when evaluating SCOTUS candidates. 

Just now, AU64 said:

True...dems would not cut her any slack whatsoever  just because she is a woman.   Furthermore,  the female dems will be the toughest on her just to prove that they are "fair" when evaluating SCOTUS candidates. 

She was confirmed last year. Seems they would have used what they had then.

Archived