Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

36 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Gotta get a hell of lot more obvious than a 40 year old year book with BS by 17 YO kids.  

It’s pretty important considering his denials of being “above” that culture when he was in school there. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small pathetic person does this kind of thing— I don’t care what age you are. Don’t spin it. Own it, apologize to show you’ve grown up. He hasn’t.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/408200-former-friend-of-kavanaugh-slams-hurtful-insinuations-about-her-in-his%3famp

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You are apparently just being argumentative for the sake of it....no college grad could be that gullible or dense ….at least not an Auburn grad. ...but you are starting to make me wonder...:dunno:

I mean, it’s his yearbook, loaded with little inside jokes commonly found among friends in such things. It’s damned obvious your denials and insults notwithstanding. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It’s pretty important considering his denials of being “above” that culture when he was in school there. 

Getting a sense of what Daddy Salty would condone.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Getting a sense of what Daddy Salty would condone.

I’m really having a hard time figuring out how this is not sinking in with him and 64. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m really having a hard time figuring out how this is not sinking in with him and 64. 

It's not sinking in with anyone that strongly suspects this is all a political ploy with no truth in it. What I find amazing is how many people are willing to accept these claims as presented, without one smidgen of evidence.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's not sinking in with anyone that strongly suspects this is all a political ploy with no truth in it. What I find amazing is how many people are willing to accept these claims as presented, without one smidgen of evidence.

This conversation is about a verified document. Keep up.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

A verified document that gives only vague reference to some supposed club. It's worthless.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Tribalistic denial.

Not at all. It's failure to blindly accept unfounded allegations just because the accuser marched in an anti-Trump parade. There were probably a number of liars in those parades. Was Ford one of them? I hope we find the answer.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Not at all. It's failure to blindly accept unfounded allegations just because the accuser marched in an anti-Trump parade. There were probably a number of liars in those parades. Was Ford one of them? I hope we find the answer.

You’re so locked into defending one point you can’t even follow another conversation.

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

A yearbook quote of dubious origin?    that's evidence?   :-\   and of what ?

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

She was confirmed last year. Seems they would have used what they had then.

Kavanaugh has been confirmed several times too. It is a whole nother level when we are talking SCOTUS. Barrett will be treated far far worse than Kavanaugh. She will be billed as a religious nut job. They want her nominated.

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Kavanaugh has been confirmed several times too. It is a whole nother level when we are talking SCOTUS. Barrett will be treated far far worse than Kavanaugh. She will be billed as a religious nut job. They want her nominated.

It doesn’t help Dems to be seen as attacking someone on their Catholicism.

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If that's the best they got, they better get used to seeing her on the SCOTUS.  It won't be enough to stop her confirmation, even if it's strictly along party lines (which it won't be).

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If that's the best they got, they better get used to seeing her on the SCOTUS.  It won't be enough to stop her confirmation, even if it's strictly along party lines (which it won't be). 

Think she would sail. After this scandal, she will seem positively delightful.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

A yearbook quote of dubious origin?    that's evidence?   :-\   and of what ? 

"...dubious origin..." lol. This is the hill you choose to die on.

Just now, AUDub said:

"...dubious origin..." lol. This is the hill you choose to die on.

?     What a dumb response....you must be having brain lock today......that's your best defense ?      or in this case...your best offense ? 

I know you guys want him gone but be adult about it....and demand some actual facts, not just she said this or that.  I'm surprised that you have not submitted those videos from unknow "actresses" who support Ford as further proof that he is guilty.  

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I know you guys want him gone but be adult about it....and demand some actual facts, not just she said this or that.  I'm surprised that you have not submitted those videos from unknow "actresses" who support Ford as further proof that he is guilty.  

Here's the thing though - who wants him gone?  If anything, Kavanaugh is the best pick among the ones Trump had on the short list if you aren't a conservative.  The politically smart thing to do would be to let him go to prevent Trump from nominating a much more conservative pick and them sailing through.  

Sure, the dream scenario for Dems would be to oppose Kavanaugh, and for Trump and the GOP to dig their heels in such that this carries past the midterms where the Dems take back control of the Senate.  It's an extreme long shot, but they'd love it.  But do most of them expect such a thing to happen?  No.  They're opposing Kavanaugh (or at least pushing for them both to testify) and it is most likely to go against their interests if they get him to withdraw.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Speaking of blind acceptance, I thought you already knew the truth.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Here's the thing though - who wants him gone?  If anything, Kavanaugh is the best pick among the ones Trump had on the short list if you aren't a conservative.  The politically smart thing to do would be to let him go to prevent Trump from nominating a much more conservative pick and them sailing through.  

Sure, the dream scenario for Dems would be to oppose Kavanaugh, and for Trump and the GOP to dig their heels in such that this carries past the midterms where the Dems take back control of the Senate.  It's an extreme long shot, but they'd love it.  But do most of them expect such a thing to happen?  No.  They're opposing Kavanaugh (or at least pushing for them both to testify) and it is most likely to go against their interests if they get him to withdraw.

JMO but they are opposing K for the purpose of ginning up the female vote in Nov.    not because they think they can prevent him from taking the job.   

Archived