Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Then I guess we agree?

See DKW, I can follow complexity - and nuance too!  ;D

You do realize that you are adding to my vision right?It might have happened means nothing.

For every MIGHT, there is just as loud MIGHT NOT or an even louder PROBABLY DIDNT. 

Her supporting facts are disappearing. 

Ford MIGHT be a nut job.
BK MIGHT be a groper.
homer MIGHT be whatever...

We cannot make decisions on MIGHT BEs,,,

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well let's be literal and consider the complexity and nuance of language:

You are correct in that her testimony doesn't directly "back up" Ford's story, but it doesn't disprove it either.  She may have been there and she didn't have to know BK for the incident to have happened.

She may be a Space Alien or be the Love Child of Barnie the Dinosaur too...

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You do realize that you are adding to my vision right?It might have happened means nothing.

For every MIGHT, there is just as loud MIGHT NOT or an even louder PROBABLY DIDNT. 

Her supporting facts are disappearing. 

Ford MIGHT be a nut job.
BK MIGHT be a groper.
homer MIGHT be whatever...

We cannot make decisions on MIGHT BEs,,,

Well, from your posts on this and other threads, it sounds like you have made your decision.

But frankly, I am not trying to challenge whatever you think about this.  I am simply challenging what you literally write about it.   Believe whatever you want, writing things like they said "it didn't happen" is a deceptive.

(I don't really get the point of your above post.  Guess it's too complex for me. ;))

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

She may be a Space Alien or be the Love Child of Barnie the Dinosaur too...

One HUGE difference:  Pointing out her statements don't rule out her being there is actually rational.  ;D

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, from your posts on this and other threads, it sounds like you have made your decision.

But frankly, I am not trying to challenge whatever you think about this.  I am simply challenging what you literally write about it.   Believe whatever you want, writing things like they said "it didn't happen" is a deceptive.

homey, you can accuse anybody of anything. That means nothing in the real world until you can prove it. 
Failing back to Possibilities, May be-s, Could be-s, Wish it were true-be-s, etc is just not what adults do.
Either she needs to offer up some proof or we need to move-on.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

homey, you can accuse anybody of anything. That means nothing in the real world until you can prove it. 
Failing back to Possibilities, May be-s, Could be-s, Wish it were true-be-s, etc is just not what adults do.

First, I think I proved my "case".

And I am not "accusing you" of anything other than writing something which was deceptively false.  I don't think you actually planned it that way; I think you just got a little careless with your prose, which is something we all do from time to time.

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

She’s named witnesses. Put everyone under oath and question them. Right now you’re giving total weight to press releases.

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Another purported witness says she has no knowledge of the alleged events. It still all boils down to she said he said. It would never fly in a court of law but unfortunately we are in the court of opinion.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/23/4th-purported-witness-claims-no-knowledge-alleged-kavanaugh-assault-against-ford.html

She wasn't a "purported witness" as Ford said clearly that there were only her, Kavanaugh, and Mark Judge in the room where it happened.  You need to work on your article summaries.

58 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If you are stating that all adds absolutely nothing to her story.

It in fact, invalidates her list of witnesses.

It disproves parts of her story.

Nor does it disprove her story. 

What do you mean by "invalidates her list of witnesses"?

What parts of her story were disproved and how?

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

No. that would be YOU Sir. If every single witness named by an accuser says that it didnt happen, we need to set aside the politics and listen.  

There's a difference in saying it didn't happen and saying you have no recollection of it.  Which isn't all that surprising considering in her allegations she clearly said there was loud rock music playing and that the only ones in the bedroom were her, Kavanaugh, and Mark Judge.  

You're over selling what they said.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There's a difference in saying it didn't happen and saying you have no recollection of it.  Which isn't all that surprising considering in her allegations she clearly said there was loud rock music playing and that the only ones in the bedroom were her, Kavanaugh, and Mark Judge.  

You're over selling what they said.

That sounds like a euphemism for "misrepresenting".  ;)

I'm wondering why I keep hearing variations of "Dems always do this."  That's demonstrably false - they didn't do it to Gorsuch because there was no credible charge against Gorsuch, a guy who seems to have spent his prep school years sipping Coke floats and going to class.  It also didn't happen to Roberts or Alito.  So let's dispense with that just line of argumentation anywhere we see it.  Roy Moore and Donald Trump do not equal a conspiracy.  

But they've got the Nuts and Sluts defense all ramped up now which seems to have clouded their vision from being able to support an even more reliable conservative like Amy Coney Barrett.  Going to the mat over this one is an odd strategy.

Her testimony shouldn't make one iota of difference.

Unless one of the other two people reported in the room change their statements. 

It is not a she said he said stalemate.

I could not it good faith hurt anyone's life or blemish his career based on the total lack of proof and information as being presented by Mrs. Ford. No matter who the accused was.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

She wasn't a "purported witness" as Ford said clearly that there were only her, Kavanaugh, and Mark Judge in the room where it happened.  You need to work on your article summaries.

I didn't coin the work "purported." It's not part of my regular vocabulary. I got it from the title of the article I quoted. You need to read the article and it's headline before racing to be critical.

23 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I didn't coin the work "purported." It's not part of my regular vocabulary. I got it from the title of the article I quoted. You need to read the article and it's headline before racing to be critical.

Then you need to choose better sources that don’t mischaracterize. 

1 hour ago, WDavE said:

Her testimony shouldn't make one iota of difference.

Unless one of the other two people reported in the room change their statements. 

It is not a she said he said stalemate.

I could not it good faith hurt anyone's life or blemish his career based on the total lack of proof and information as being presented by Mrs. Ford. No matter who the accused was.

So if this had happened to you or your daughter, but there's no way to prove it because sexual assault is almost always impossible to prove, you would be OK keeping your mouth shut?

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So if this had happened to you or your daughter, but there's no way to prove it because sexual assault is almost always impossible to prove, you would be OK keeping your mouth shut?

This is the question running around in my head. If something like this happens to you, to your wife, your daughter, your sister, if you can’t prove it it’s as if some folks think you’re wrong to even speak up about it. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/23/politics/christine-blasey-ford-senate/index.html

She has agreed to testify on Thursday.  Inexplicably, the committee isn't going to subpoena the only other person she says was in the room.

They don’t want his sworn testimony.

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

This is very misleading as some polls are. The same poll said 81% of Rs said yes and 82% of Dems said no.  You don't have to be a genius to conclude that to get the 10% difference that more Dems were polled.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Then you need to choose better sources that don’t mischaracterize. 

Then you need to write the author,......and admit you were wrong in your original comment to me.

Archived