Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Jeez. Garland was never subjected to this garbage. Let it play out. everything reads like Animal House characters trying to reconstruct a road trip 40 years later. When did the FBI start investigating penises in faces at college dorm parties?

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

Of course Garland wasn't subjected to scrutiny.  He wasn't given the chance.  Hell, Republican Senators wouldn't even meet with the man.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's almost as if you don't understand that sticking your penis in a woman's face when she doesn't want you to is sexual assault and not just college shenanigans.

I understand perfectly Titan. I have have more than ample experience with teens and college students. The best way to avoid any situation like this innocent lady details is to not put yourself in that position or atmosphere. Do not tell me I am wrong. Not like these girls are claiming to have been in the library studying when a penis appeared or someone attempted to rape them. 

Let it play. this entire thing is ridiculous  

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

I understand perfectly Titan. I have have more than ample experience with teens and college students. The best way to avoid any situation like this innocent lady details is to not put yourself in that position or atmosphere. Do not tell me I am wrong. Not like these girls are claiming to have been in the library studying when a penis appeared or someone attempted to rape them. 

Ah, yes. “She was asking for it.”

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

homey, you can accuse anybody of anything. That means nothing in the real world until you can prove it. 
Failing back to Possibilities, May be-s, Could be-s, Wish it were true-be-s, etc is just not what adults do.
Either she needs to offer up some proof or we need to move-on.

In this case I am accusing you of making false statements.   And I "proved" it even though it was self -evident.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

I never said that Ben

“The best way to avoid any situation like this innocent lady details is to not put yourself in that position or atmosphere.

Women shouldn’t have to worry about some horny frat boy sticking their dick in their face or trying to rape them because they got drunk at a party.

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It's almost as if you don't understand that sticking your penis in a woman's face when she doesn't want you to even at a college party is sexual assault and not just college shenanigans.

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

In other words, it was her fault. Haha

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Women shouldn’t have to worry about some horny frat boy sticking their dick in their face or trying to rape them because they got drunk at a party.

You are correct. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

“The best way to avoid any situation like this innocent lady details is to not put yourself in that position or atmosphere.

Oh no, you don't get it.  Boys will be boys.  But girls can't be held to that same standard because....oh wait, why again?

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh no, you don't get it.  Boys will be boys.  But girls can't be held to that same standard because....oh wait, why again?

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are correct. 

Then drop the spiel about "...put yourself in that position or atmosphere."

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Then drop the spiel about "...put yourself in that position or atmosphere."

Not a spiel. I raised 3 boys living in the shadows of Auburn University. Coached numerous kids in youth baseball through age 16. My sermon to all was about positioning and atmospheres you choose. Choices are important. Does mean "her fault".

My kids turned out well. Two engineers and lawyer. Doing great a feel successful as parent.

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not a spiel. I raised 3 boys living in the shadows of Auburn University. Coached numerous kids in youth baseball through age 16. My sermon to all was about positioning and atmospheres you choose. Choices are important. Does mean "her fault".

My kids turned out well. Two engineers and lawyer. Doing great a feel successful as parent.

No daughters.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Choices. Big word to teach Ben

And that implies at least partial responsibility.

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

2 for 3?   Not bad.  ;D

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If they were smart (forget decent) they’d pull the plug and put forward someone equally conservative without the baggage.

No. This cannot be done, in the name of all civilizations.. Discrediting someone because of unsubstantiated allegations is what was used at the Salem witch trials. It's savage and uncivilized. The Ford woman started this, lets see if she can back it up. Right now, Kavanaugh has no baggage.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And that implies at least partial responsibility.

Actually a lot of responsibility. If you are going to be successful as parent hopefully lasso them young regarding "choices". I am assuming that you make good choices.

Simple as reading the news and pointing out that not many good things happen between midnight and sunlight other than fishing or hunting related

There would a teenager alive today and a few others not injured had they decided that meeting at McDonald's in Auburn was a bad choice three weeks ago

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No. This cannot be done, in the name of all civilizations.. Discrediting someone because of unsubstantiated allegations is what was used at the Salem witch trials. It's savage and uncivilized. The Ford woman started this, lets see if she can back it up. Right now, Kavanaugh has no baggage.

We’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You are right Mikey. I would have preferred Amy Barrett. Let it play out

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The point is it being dumb for the politicians to not pull his name.  Is he a hill worth dying over?  The ultimate goal for the politicians here should be getting a conservative justice confirmed and there are many to choose from who would sail through confirmation without any drama.

Allowing unsubstantiated allegations to have an effect on a person's life certainly is a hill worth dying over. "Proof of guilt" is the very core of our, and any, fair legal system. This not only should be played out to the end, it must be played out to the end or else chaos will prevail in future years. If he's guilty, then he should face the consequences. If he is being falsely accused, then his accuser should face serious consequences.

Archived