Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Women shouldn’t have to worry about some horny frat boy sticking their dick in their face or trying to rape them because they got drunk at a party.

SCOTUS Justice nominees shouldn't have to worry about being accused of such a thing merely because they "lean right." 

You cannot be this gullible w/r/t these allegations. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

SCOTUS Justice nominees shouldn't have to worry about being accused of such a thing merely because they "lean right." 

Most extremely right leaning nominees have no such concerns.

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The vast majority of them don't.  Didn't hear anything like this about Roberts, Alito, Scalia, or Gorsuch.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The vast majority of them don't.  Didn't hear anything like this about Roberts, Alito, Scalia, or Gorsuch.

Maybe because partisan civility is evaporating? Character-assassination is the go-to for the left now.  

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Maybe because partisan civility is evaporating? Character-assassination is the go-to for the left now.  

You act like Gorsuch's nomination process was a long time ago.  It wasn't.  There was no "character-assassination" attempt, as you put it, because Gorsuch was squeaky clean.

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Gorsuch was literally a year ago.  Give me a break.

And partisan civility was in the dumpster during GW Bush's tenure too.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You act like Gorsuch's nomination process was a long time ago.  It wasn't.  There was no "character-assassination" attempt, as you put it, because Gorsuch was squeaky clean.

No one fathomed another SCOTUS pick this soon. The Dems could do nothing. Timing didn't work in their favor. All they are trying to accomplish through this is getting a republican on board with them. Very different.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Gorsuch was literally a year ago.  Give me a break.

And partisan civility was in the dumpster during GW Bush's tenure too.

See response to Brad. Very different now. 

You think the accusers deserve credence as well. Give me a break. I am surprised at your gullibility as well. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

No one fathomed another SCOTUS pick this soon. The Dems could do nothing. Timing didn't work in their favor. All they are trying to accomplish through this is getting a republican on board with them. Very different.

Sorry, this theory doesn't add up.  Kavanaugh was almost the least conservative pick they could have hoped for this time.  In opposing him, they are setting things up for a much more conservative nominee like Barrett or Kethledge.  If anything, taking down Kavanaugh hurts their cause more than helps it.

That is, unless Trump stubbornly drags this out and the GOP loses the Senate in the midterms.  But that would be an "own goal" for the ages.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

See response to Brad. Very different now. 

You think the accusers deserve credence as well. Give me a break. I am surprised at your gullibility as well. 

No, it isn't.

I think accusers deserve to be be listened to seriously and not dismissed.  Big difference.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Sorry, this theory doesn't add up.  Kavanaugh was almost the least conservative pick they could have hoped for this time.  In opposing him, they are setting things up for a much more conservative nominee like Barrett or Kethledge.  If anything, taking down Kavanaugh hurts their cause more than helps it.

That is, unless Trump stubbornly drags this out and the GOP loses the Senate in the midterms.  But that would be an "own goal" for the ages.

It doesn't add up for you. That's fine. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No, it isn't.

I think accusers deserve to be be listened to seriously and not dismissed.  Big difference.

The goal isn't truth. The goal is to block BK at all-costs, even utilizing fabricated stories. 

It doesn't add up for you. That's fine. 

Doesn't add up for people who put 2 seconds of thought into it.  If Kavanaugh withdraws, they get a few days of headlines and embarrassment to Trump in exchange for...a more conservative justice than Kavanaugh would be who was just as much of a squeaky clean dork as Gorsuch was in HS and college who sails through.  You're reaching to act as if there's some drastic difference how they approach Gorsuch vs now.  If they were in the habit to ginning up fake sexual misconduct accusations to derail nominees, they'd have done the same thing to Gorsuch.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The goal isn't truth. The goal is to block BK at all-costs, even utilizing fabricated stories. 

Says you.  The truth is, neither you nor I know if they are all being truthful.  The bottom line is, the women deserve to be heard and not dismissed.

Doesn't add up for people who put 2 seconds of thought into it.  If Kavanaugh withdraws, they get a few days of headlines and embarrassment to Trump in exchange for...a more conservative justice than Kavanaugh would be who was just as much of a squeaky clean dork as Gorsuch was in HS and college who sails through.  You're reaching to act as if there's some drastic difference how they approach Gorsuch vs now.  If they were in the habit to ginning up fake sexual misconduct accusations to derail nominees, they'd have done the same thing to Gorsuch.

My goodness dude. Dems are putting stock into November, in hopes they win, and will hold out until the next presidential election. Watch. 

I think people forget that the Dems have also shunned several of their own recently when it comes to sexual misconduct allegations.  This isn't just a party specific thing.

Says you.  The truth is, neither you nor I know if they are all being truthful.  The bottom line is, the women deserve to be heard and not dismissed.

It’s ridiculous that another accuser with strong democratic ties suddenly remembers that BK sexually abused her, but never made a fuss about during his tenure on the DC circuit.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think people forget that the Dems have also shunned several of their own recently when it comes to sexual misconduct allegations.  This isn't just a party specific thing.

Feinstein sat on this for obvious reasons. It was a coordinated political ploy for November. You’d agree with that wouldn’t you?

Feinstein sat on this for obvious reasons. It was a coordinated political ploy for November. You’d agree with that wouldn’t you?

Oh I've already said in this very thread that DF held this information for the most opportune moment.  That doesn't make the information false though.

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It’s ridiculous that another accuser with strong democratic ties suddenly remembers that BK sexually abused her, but never made a fuss about during his tenure on the DC circuit.

Well, this goes back to your inability to bother reading threads before commenting.  There are myriad reasons why victims don't come forward sooner.  There's a constant weighing of consequences going on, especially when it's something that can't be proven in the classical sense - DNA evidence, video or audio recordings, etc.  For one, they know the knee-jerk reaction of a lot of people - such as yourself - assuming they are liars, looking for a payout, motivated by partisan skullduggery, are too confused/stupid to remember who tried to rape them, are mentally unstable, were sluts who were asking for it, and the list goes on.  They know their lives and that of their family will be turned upside down by political operatives, the press, creepy a**holes on social media and they won't get a moment's peace.  And in some cases all that pales in comparison to what they'll deal with just in their own homes because they've never told their spouse or kids about this traumatic event in their lives.

So they choose to keep quiet as long as they can stomach it.  But certain events - such as someone being given great power, responsibility and influence - makes them feel like they have to say something.  They have to overcome their fear and endure the shitstorm they are about to subject them and their loved ones to because the circumstances won't allow them to stay silent about it any longer.  

Look, I'm not saying you have to believe them.  But I am saying, this line of argumentation that simply questions them speaking up because they didn't do it sooner is myopic and ignorant.  Find a better rebuttal.

P.S.  I'll also add - you evaded the point I made anyway, which is simply that they deserve to be heard.  Are you actually arguing that they don't even deserve that?

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I've already said in this very thread that DF held this information for the most opportune moment.  That doesn't make the information false though.

Everyone who is arguing for the women to be heard has said that.  There hasn't been one person here defending Feinstein's handling of the matter.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, this goes back to your inability to bother reading threads before commenting.  There are myriad reasons why victims don't come forward sooner.  There's a constant weighing of consequences going on, especially when it's something that can't be proven in the classical sense - DNA evidence, video or audio recordings, etc.  For one, they know the knee-jerk reaction of a lot of people - such as yourself - assuming they are liars, looking for a payout, motivated by partisan skullduggery, are too confused/stupid to remember who tried to rape them, are mentally unstable, were sluts who were asking for it, and the list goes on.  They know their lives and that of their family will be turned upside down by political operatives, the press, creepy a**holes on social media and they won't get a moment's peace.  And in some cases all that pales in comparison to what they'll deal with just in their own homes because they've never told their spouse or kids about this traumatic event in their lives.

So they choose to keep quiet as long as they can stomach it.  But certain events - such as someone being given great power, responsibility and influence - makes them feel like they have to say something.  They have to overcome their fear and endure the shitstorm they are about to subject them and their loved ones to because the circumstances won't allow them to stay silent about it any longer.  

Look, I'm not saying you have to believe them.  But I am saying, this line of argumentation that simply questions them speaking up because they didn't do it sooner is myopic and ignorant.  Find a better rebuttal.

bull****. It underscores the obvious tactic at play.

Archived