Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

This is very misleading as some polls are. The same poll said 81% of Rs said yes and 82% of Dems said no.  You don't have to be a genius to conclude that to get the 10% difference that more Dems were polled.

Or independents, which is the fastest growing political identity in the country.  Not everyone is a Republican or a Democrat ya know.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or independents, which is the fastest growing political identity in the country.  Not everyone is a Republican or a Democrat ya know.

Then, to be accurate, the poll should have shown results for Independents rather than just Dems and Rs

Just now, TexasTiger said:

If they were smart (forget decent) they’d pull the plug and put forward someone equally conservative without the baggage.

I've been saying this for a week now, but trust the Rs to throw away what should have been an easy W. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I've been saying this for a week now, but trust the Rs to throw away what should have been an easy W. 

Put more poetically

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If they were smart (forget decent) they’d pull the plug and put forward someone equally conservative without the baggage.

Then Kavanaugh would be smeared for life without having his day in "court " and he would forever be assumed to be guilty. If nothing else I admire him for not withdrawing.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Then Kavanaugh would be smeared for life without having his day in "court " and he would forever be assumed to be guilty. If nothing else I admire him for not withdrawing.

The point is it being dumb for the politicians to not pull his name.  Is he a hill worth dying over?  The ultimate goal for the politicians here should be getting a conservative justice confirmed and there are many to choose from who would sail through confirmation without any drama.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The point is it being dumb for the politicians to not pull his name.  Is he a hill worth dying over?  The ultimate goal for the politicians here should be getting a conservative justice confirmed and there are many to choose from who would sail through confirmation without any drama.

This whole circus is politics at it's worse. No matter what he outcome the process for confirming a potential SCOTUS is damaged forever.

As an aside, I would be all in favor of having Judge testify since he is the only witness. I think his testimony would be more damaging to Ford. I would also be glad to have the other accuser show up Thursday but we both know that's not going to happen. Just another Dem attempt to delay things in case Ford isn't convincing.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

This whole circus is politics at it's worse. No matter what he outcome the process for confirming a potential SCOTUS is damaged forever.

That happened in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

True but things cooled down. Some Rs voted for Sotomayor. No Dems are going to vote for Kavanaugh and none were going to before all this crap came up. They were just hoping to sway a R or two.

Like it or not, Dems aren't voting for anyone because they feel that there is a stolen seat on the SC.  Most will be salty about it for years, and rightfully so.  Sotomayor is a different animal because it was prior to the 2016 stunt.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Like it or not, Dems aren't voting for anyone because they feel that there is a stolen seat on the SC.  Most will be salty about it for years, and rightfully so.  Sotomayor is a different animal because it was prior to the 2016 stunt.

There was precedent for the 2016 delay, some by the Dems in earlier years. That has been discussed ad nauseam so won't dwell on  it further. In any event that wasn't even close to the current nasty stuff  IMO.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Then you need to write the author,......and admit you were wrong in your original comment to me.

You repeated it, without qualification.  I don't owe you anything.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

There was precedent for the 2016 delay, some by the Dems in earlier years. That has been discussed ad nauseam so won't dwell on  it further. In any event that wasn't even close to the current nasty stuff  IMO.

That’s BS. Zero precedent.

152029F5-14E2-4B78-9446-CC7E5DA2444C.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

As an aside, I would be all in favor of having Judge testify since he is the only witness. I think his testimony would be more damaging to Ford. I would also be glad to have the other accuser show up Thursday but we both know that's not going to happen. Just another Dem attempt to delay things in case Ford isn't convincing.

Given what is in that Ronan Farrow story about Judge, I'd rethink that.  Your confidence is misplaced.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You repeated it, without qualification.  I don't owe you anything.

I didn't say you owed me anything but in my wildest imagination I wouldn't have ever expected  you to simply say  "my bad, I didn't see that you only used a word from the headline on the article." For sure it's childish to argue about it so I give you the last word you always seek.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Given what is in that Ronan Farrow story about Judge, I'd rethink that.  Your confidence is misplaced.

Give him a minute. Has to see what Fox has to say about it. 

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Could be but I guess we will never know. I would be surprised if we ever know anything for sure besides what we already know.

43 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That happened in 2016.

Jeez. Garland was never subjected to this garbage. Let it play out. everything reads like Animal House characters trying to reconstruct a road trip 40 years later. When did the FBI start investigating penises in faces at college dorm parties?

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Jeez. Garland was never subjected to this garbage. Let it play out. everything reads like Animal House characters trying to reconstruct a road trip 40 years later. When did the FBI start investigating penises in faces at college dorm parties?

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

It's almost as if you don't understand that sticking your penis in a woman's face when she doesn't want you to is sexual assault and not just college shenanigans.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's almost as if you don't understand that sticking your penis in a woman's face when she doesn't want you to is sexual assault and not just college shenanigans.

He doesn’t. He thinks it part of #MAGA

Archived