So what's to come?

cole256

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Our lack of a consistent pass rush is a big concern to me. 

QB play was poor yesterday. Wonder to what extent LSU secondary contributed. Know we had Schwartz wide open for a TD that Stidham didn't see at one point. 

Offensive line will struggle again against Miss State. 

Anyway, combination of poor o line play, poor QB play in conjunction with the poor o line play and the lack of a pure pass rusher is going to make for some difficult sledding against Miss State, Georgia, Bama. To a similar extent, can't give Mond and even Ta'amu the same amount of time we gave Burrows yesterday. Burrows had opportunities to do alot more damage than he did yesterday, but was limited by his own abilities. 

In a game like this, which we have against LSU quite a bit, you can't miss the big game changing mistakes. If LSU had we'd have a win right now

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You think we can maybe split uga or bammer? I'm disgusted because I think we really needed a one game buffer

Looking like it's gonna be UGA. Granted, I didn't think we were going to win the 2013 Iron Bowl, but I'm buying the Alabama offense hype.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Looking like it's gonna be UGA. Granted, I didn't think we were going to win the 2013 Iron Bowl, but I'm buying the Alabama offense hype.

I was saying tua could be over rated....I'm just going to be quiet about that now

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anthony wide open down the middle. He is legitimately the fastest player on the field. I was surprised as hell how he was running right by LSU DBs. Also, our 6’6 long haired dancer was wide open when Stidham left the pocket , but again, missed due to the pass rush of LSU. It would’ve been one of those split second throws but he has got to be able to do that. Kyler Murray makes a living off those throws.

On the interception to Greedy, Chandler Cox stood wide open in the middle fo the field for an easy 10-15 yard gain. My biggest knock on Stidham is his sometimes insistence to throw to a covered receiver instead of an open one for a shorter gain. 

The good thing is we will be the underdog like so many of our fans like, so maybe we will play with reckless abandonment against those two. Interested to see what UGA-LSU game will be like.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

He doesn’t know how to navigate the pocket and I’ve said this since the end of last year. I love Baker Mayfield because of the way he navigates the pocket, keeping his feet moving and eyes down field. Like I said , I will go through the ringer for this but he has not overly impressed me. I don’t think he is capable of willing this team to victories. If the defense holds up and our running game is decent, we always have a chance. 

Which is kind of sad because he hasn’t a lot of talent tbh.

I agree. We are loaded at wr imo. It's being wasted. But the coaches have to let them play. There's no way on earth a team should feel comfortable loading the box against us

Just now, Barnacle said:

Yeah he's very good. @DAG talk about a guy with a natural feel for how to move in the pocket...

I mean some things you can teach and some things, some people just have. He seems to be a very good ball player and humble to boot. Very religious guy.  

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

On the interception to Greedy, Chandler Cox stood wide open in the middle fo the field for an easy 10-15 yard gain. My biggest knock on Stidham is his sometimes insistence to throw to a covered receiver instead of an open one for a shorter gain. 

Bro!!! I saw that. But it was like he had in his head that he was going to throw the fade no matter what

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nope and I will be disguusted if we lose to Mississippi state. They will cause havoc from the defensive line, but I don’t think their offense is very potent. Not so average joe had a horrid completion percentage, but he had made important throws when needed. Can Mississippi State QB do that? I don’t think so.

The most frustrating part of yesterday is that I dont remember their QB threading the needle into space a single time. He lofted high arched air balls downfield to receivers who had ran past our DBs, leading to a PI. Unfortunately, flag happy refs and undisciplined DBs made it an effective strategy. 

Next week though, I just want to see a true slaughter . Limited mistakes, no turnovers and being engaged for 48 full minutes. I also want to see Joey Gatewood play. I don’t care if it is at QB or WR.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

The most frustrating part of yesterday is that I dont remember their QB threading the needle into space a single time. He lofted high arched air balls downfield to receivers who had ran past our DBs, leading to a PI. Unfortunately, flag happy refs and undisciplined DBs made it an effective strategy. 

Safety took a terrible angle. No way that should’ve been a TD. And yes, LSU started just chunking the ball , hoping to get flags, something UW quit during in our game which surprised me.

26 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

that is on the offensive coaches

Intermediate passes over the middle are not in Gus's "system".  He does not coach to take advantage of what the defense gives him.  He coaches his system and dares the defense to stop it. 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This may be a practice issue as well.   Gus has been known to run plays in practice and the primary receiver is the only option instilled in the QB because they go to it every time do to several factors including Gus believes that the passing play is set up to hit the primary only.  Think about over all the years every passing play is to get one guy open and make a big play.  We don't and have not developed a ball moving passing offense.   That is what drives everyone nuts.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Safety took a terrible angle. No way that should’ve been a TD. And yes, LSU started just chunking the ball , hoping to get flags, something UW quit during in our game which surprised me.

I swear at least two passes they completed shouldn't have even been thrown. That sideline pass that I think Davis tried to go underneath on? That should've been 6 for us. 

Also height mattered this game. I'm not downing anybody because these two guys played their hearts out but that play mentioned earlier and the 70 yard td? If these were longer players these passes shouldn't have been completed. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I swear at least two passes they completed shouldn't have even been thrown. That sideline pass that I think Davis tried to go underneath on? That should've been 6 for us. 

Also height mattered this game. I'm not downing anybody because these two guys played their hearts out but that play mentioned earlier and the 70 yard td? If these were longer players these passes shouldn't have been completed. 

Yeah that goofy pass that the DB went underneath really hurt. Also the safety, poor guy, he tries his hardest , but he absolutely needs to take better angles. He has very limited speed haha.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Intermediate passes over the middle are not in Gus's "system".  He does not coach to take advantage of what the defense gives him.  He coaches his system and dares the defense to stop it. 

I really thought after the Washington game we were going to start using slants in the offense. Or even the dig routes, do them in the middle of the field instead of the sideline on the far side of the field....especially against this team. Lsu is known for being aggressive with their db's like we are known for the wildcat.....

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I hate this feeling, waking up thinking it was a dream then looking at the scores and seeing it's real......

But I'm interested in what do you think is going to happen rest of the season. I don't want to be a downer but I don't see us having this much talent on one team anytime soon, so I really was wanting this to be a good season.

I guess it still can with the loss happening early, I think we have been exposed a little though 

Out of likes but well said? .........tough loss..........good chance we will drop below a team we beat in the rankings which is minor compared to how we respond to this loss going forward........shame we couldnt have forced lsu to wear blue seem the white and gold blended to well with clouds and sun for our QB?

Just now, cole256 said:

I really thought after the Washington game we were going to start using slants in the offense. Or even the dig routes, do them in the middle of the field instead of the sideline on the far side of the field....especially against this team. Lsu is known for being aggressive with their db's like we are known for the wildcat.....

There was one play, Seth was wide open but the defensive player made a great play. The middle was wide open all game wowzers. Seth is a beast though!

Just now, Barnacle said:

It's weird man. Craig was in a decent amount of the game too. 

I guess he is the 2nd and 3rd read in the offense so that means he'll never get the ball...

Just now, cole256 said:

I guess he is the 2nd and 3rd read in the offense so that means he'll never get the ball...

What happen is we need to pass the ball more. Spread the field and spread the defense out. I don’t know why we have to force the issue on the run , if we don’t have that identity. That use to be one of the big Pros of Gus. He could shape his system to benefit his players style.

We have legit concerns about MSU, A&M and Ole Miss prior to Amen Corner. Once again, the needle could swing wildly either direction. Who knows how the team will respond to this home loss? 

Archived