Lawrence the new starter at Clemson

gr82b4au

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't you think he has an obligation to his family first to do whatever gives him the best chance at a financially secure future? 

You would think , right ? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:
4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't you think he has an obligation to his family first to do whatever gives him the best chance at a financially secure future? 

You would think , right ? 

Y'all too nice and altruistic.

They have an obligation to ENTERTAIN ME!!!

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Why I retired early from teaching (well one of the reasons...lol)

report.jpg?zoom=1.5625&w=640

Coaching and playing time are ten times worse FYI.

That cartoon is 100% correct.  It's beyond sad to see.

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

You were a teacher?! We need to make a thread about occupation for each poster. That would bring so much more insight into our profiles haha.

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:

My wife was a teacher for 30 years and I witnessed the frustration she had first hand.  Luckily she had an admin that backed her up, but the parents blessing her out in front of their child was the worst.  Destroys the teacher/student dynamic in the classroom. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My wife was a teacher for 30 years and I witnessed the frustration she had first hand.  Luckily she had an admin that backed her up, but the parents blessing her out in front of their child was the worst.  Destroys the teacher/student dynamic in the classroom. 

True that. Both my parents are teachers and it seems administration only perpetuates it even further in many cases. Teachers go above and beyond for sure.

Wow…..Syracuse lowered to boom on Lawrence.....foolish move by the young QB to try and make one more yard.....and looks like he is done for the day.

So in a case like this, does the coach called the "departee" and invite him come back for the second half?     AU once called some kid out of the stands to fill in when needed....many years ago and  don't recall the situation though. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So in a case like this, does the coach called the "departee" and invite him come back for the second half?     AU once called some kid out of the stands to fill in when needed....many years ago and  don't recall the situation though. 

Otis Mounds when AU RB's were dropping like flies during a game.

I’m not a head coach...far from it. But I would have continued to start Bryant and play Lawrence. That way u honor your senior for all his hard work and commitment and you continue to develop your freshman. In the event his arm was needed more, then you let him take over like Saban did with Tua in the title game last season. I hope Dabo does not regret this one later...

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

pat dye called him out of the stands  to suit up. he is the same kid that had been busted for selling pot. i am thinking he was a running back but memory is so bad now i cannot sweat to much. i cannot even remember his name.

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I’m not a head coach...far from it. But I would have continued to start Bryant and play Lawrence. That way u honor your senior for all his hard work and commitment and you continue to develop your freshman. In the event his arm was needed more, then you let him take over like Saban did with Tua in the title game last season. I hope Dabo does not regret this one later...

Things were not going smooth with KB and it was obvious that Lawrence was a more effective QB.   Coach has to play the guys who give the team the best chance to win....not easy but it's business...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Things were not going smooth with KB and it was obvious that Lawrence was a more effective QB.   Coach has to play the guys who give the team the best chance to win....not easy but it's business...

He would have played and played a lot. But I would have tried to manage it better vs. sending my senior to the bench. Hey Kelly you gonna start but Trevor gonna play and he gonna play a lot.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

He would have played and played a lot. But I would have tried to manage it better vs. sending my senior to the bench. Hey Kelly you gonna start but Trevor gonna play and he gonna play a lot.

I don't think Dabo was cold blooded about it...but JMO he was being honest with him.... In some ways he was doing him a favor by letting him know what the year held going forward.  giving him a chance to play another years somewhere and being a major contributor there.  Clemson is not bama and does not have the ability to just romp past the opposition and they need their best QB on the field as the Ga Tech game showed last week. .

To me, this was a lot like the bama situation ...and players just made different decisions when faced with the same set of facts....

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

KB should’ve remained the starter . His play is what actual led them to victory against the aggies. Trevor has a lot of upside but even in this game, you can tell he still needs to be more polished. They made their bed and now they have to sleep in it. Same with KB.

Archived