AU is irrelevent in football

ChltteTiger

The good news.... When Auburn is irrelevant, at least it's less stressful to me.  When they're in the thick of it and lose, I take it harder and can't even watch any more football that day.  

Though I obviously prefer them to be relevant and a winning team, when Auburn sucks this bad and I know it's just gonna be that way, I can casually watch all kinds of games and it's stress free and enjoyable to watch teams that have coherent game plans and play actual good football.

That may actually be what I need with the year I'm having.  I really don't need any more stress anyway 😉.

Oh well.  War Eagle, I love them regardless!

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

The good news.... When Auburn is irrelevant, at least it's less stressful to me.  When they're in the thick of it and lose, I take it harder and can't even watch any more football that day.  

Though I obviously prefer them to be relevant and a winning team, when Auburn sucks this bad and I know it's just gonna be that way, I can casually watch all kinds of games and it's stress free and enjoyable to watch teams that have coherent game plans and play actual good football.

That may actually be what I need with the year I'm having.  I really don't need any more stress anyway 😉.

That is something I have worked on myself for this year in all of my teams.  If we lose, I give myself 10 minutes and move on knowing my life isn’t over.  🤣  In the past it would take me all week to get over it.

Side note, I hope you are continuing to do well.  Please keep me/us updated!  Praying for you. 

19 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Football shouldn’t even be a worry on your radar my man.  Praying for you every night 72.  God Bless you and your family.  

11 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Football shouldn’t even be a worry on your radar my man.  Praying for you every night 72.  God Bless you and your family.  

I was hoping it would at least be an exciting distraction this year.  But, you're right, it's certainly nothing I'm worried about.  Though it is nice to have this AUFamily site to help forget the "real world" from time to time.  .... even if it's to vent football frustration HAHA!!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I was hoping it would at least be an exciting distraction this year.  But, you're right, it's certainly nothing I'm worried about.  Though it is nice to have this AUFamily site to help forget the "real world" from time to time.  .... even if it's to vent football frustration HAHA!!

Basketball season is around the corner! That’s always fun (if you are into basketball)!

I was sad last night, and then I thought of you @AUsince72. It gives a person perspective when you think about what real courage is and what a real battle is. I will be inspired, not by a game, but by friends like you who are fighting the fight. I will continue to love Auburn, because it is Auburn and it is my second home, but I won't allow 18-20 year olds to get me down. Hang in there and stay strong! War Eagle!!!

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey man we are all brothers and sisters in Auburn fandom and more importantly in Christ Jesus.  All this nonsense aside any human child of God deserves all our prayers...yes, even bammers.  

I usually look at AU Football as a nice distraction too but Gus has made it challenging for sure. Not to mention my football watching buddy of 18 years went away to college this fall so I’m suffering through just me and the dog.  Although I will say I think the dog has picked up on some of our offensive tendencies...She is very insightful...she says run less WR screens...

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Hey man we are all brothers and sisters in Auburn fandom and more importantly in Christ Jesus.  All this nonsense aside any human child of God deserves all our prayers...yes, even bammers.  

I usually look at AU Football as a nice distraction too but Gus has made it challenging for sure. Not to mention my football watching buddy of 18 years went away to college this fall so I’m suffering through just me and the dog.  Although I will say I think the dog has picked up on some of our offensive tendencies...She is very insightful...she says run less WR screens...

Amen & Amen!!

30 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Basketball season is around the corner! That’s always fun (if you are into basketball)!

I was never the biggest basketball fan (was never good at it) but I have enjoyed whenever Auburn does well.  I guess I've just admitted to being a fair-weather b-ball fan but I do like what Pearl is doing and looking forward to seeing them this year.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was sad last night, and then I thought of you @AUsince72. It gives a person perspective when you think about what real courage is and what a real battle is. I will be inspired, not by a game, but by friends like you who are fighting the fight. I will continue to love Auburn, because it is Auburn and it is my second home, but I won't allow 18-20 year olds to get me down. Hang in there and stay strong! War Eagle!!!

That's why I love this AUFAMILY.  So many of you keep me in your prayers and thoughts and the support, even as we wallow in poor football LOL, is amazing, thanks 3rd Gen.

Let me tell you though, it ain't MY courage at all.  I'd be a blubbering mess if it were just me.  The Lord is lifting me and it's His glory that keeps me confident through this process.  I'm nothing without Him.

I'll leave it with this, my adopted verse - Psalm 118:17

War Eagle and God bless!

5 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Does it matter at this point? Really? What are we debating on that?

ok so Gus caught lightning in a bottle for one year...welcome to the Bowden, Tubby, Chiz club...

Geez enough debating pointless things. Our program is in shambles with a guy who has been there six freaking years and all we’re doing is debating whether his first year was a fluke?? 

Yes it was or no it wasn’t....doesn’t matter...it was five seasons ago and except for a three week period last November Auburn has been average at best since that NC game. That’s what matters.

Well no. It matters because 2 of his 5 years ended in title game appearances. That at least validates keeping him in that it shows he CAN win. But in the wake of Mississippi State all I really care about is him taking some accountability and stopping the BS coach-speak & lack of urgency. He has to right this ship NOW.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Seriously though. I know this sounds crappy, but Saturday I knew we'd lose before it kicked off. Didn't even get fired up. Made it kind of easy to watch, in a perverse way. It sucks man, but it's looooooow stress, lol.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Good to hear. God doesn't cause stressful things to happen to us but he sure does use them from time to time to allow us to grow and place the proper perspective on things in our life. Sounds like you're adjusting a couple of your priorities and you will most likely be blessed because of it. Prayers are with you. 

Our HC has a losing record vs Saban (this isn't that bad and 2-3 vs Saban is actually pretty damn good right now)

Losing record vs UGA and Kirby Smart

Losing record vs Ed Orgeron (omg)

Losing record vs Joe Morehead at MISSISSIPPI STATE (omg x2)

Losing record vs Jimbo Fisher (more spankings coming because you know, Jimbo is an actual coach)

He only does what AU is supposed to do vs Ole Miss and Arkansas. And one of those Ole Miss wins was a snapped leg away from us losing. What the hell

Archived