Racist Remarks By CNN Star

Proud Tiger

First it was a bad racist joke by Hillary on CNN now it's one of their "stars." Can't wait to see how this gets rationalized.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-host-don-lemon-says-white-men-are-biggest-terror-threat-to-americans

Herschel Walker is calling for Lemon's firing over his remarks about Kayne West

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/herschel-walker-calls-for-cnn-to-fire-don-lemon-over-racist-kanye-west-criticism

To the first article, where is he wrong?  He's not calling for white genocide or anything here.  He's calling for the equality of rhetoric, because white men are rarely demonized in the way that immigrants or other minorities have been.  If you look at recent history, most mass shootings/the mail bomber/Oklahoma City/etc have been carried out by white men.  That's really not in dispute, so it begs the question, what the hell are we as a society going to do about it?

To the second article, Walker is wrong in his assertion that Lemon and Sellers used the "n-word".  They didn't.  Would be nice if he was factually correct before tweeting his thoughts.  Also, as the lady in the video followed up with immediately, the line used by Sellers is a reference to a Chris Rock stand up special.  Go find that, watch it in context, and then apply it here.

Lol, Lemon. This guy tried to justify the torture of a special needs white male. Color of their skin had nothing to do with this stuff (referring to everyone), it was just bad home training.

Lol. So Lemon should be fired for laughing at someone's comment but Donald Trump is ok being president after openly speaking about grabbing women by the ***** and making fun of a disabled reporter and inciting violence at his rallies, and calling Andrew Gillum a thief, and calling Nazis good people, and calling for Hillary Clinton to be "taken care of" by the second amendment folks, etc,etc,etc,etc???? Proud, you my friend are a real piece of work. Youre happy to turn a blind eye to anything that a alt righter does or says. Everything you quote is from a propaganda source. It's obvious now that your brain is rotted by all the nonsense you shove into it from that pure trash you call news. You need to rethink your priorities fella. Sheesh

47 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol. So Lemon should be fired for laughing at someone's comment but Donald Trump is ok being president after openly speaking about grabbing women by the ***** and making fun of a disabled reporter and inciting violence at his rallies, and calling Andrew Gillum a thief, and calling Nazis good people, and calling for Hillary Clinton to be "taken care of" by the second amendment folks, etc,etc,etc,etc???? Proud, you my friend are a real piece of work. Youre happy to turn a blind eye to anything that a alt righter does or says. Everything you quote is from a propaganda source. It's obvious now that your brain is rotted by all the nonsense you shove into it from that pure trash you call news. You need to rethink your priorities fella. Sheesh

Great spin, excuses and whatabouts for Lemon. Proper priorities are a personal choice. Mine are not for you to decide thank you.

“There is no travel ban on them,” Lemon said. “There is no ban on… you know, they had the Muslim ban. There is no ‘white guy ban.’ So what do we do about that?”

"White guy" is not a religion Don. Let's compare them to Muslims. Good gawd. Simply a genius. Not alone as some of you overlook the obvious. Brilliant you. 

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Great spin, excuses and whatabouts for Lemon. Proper priorities are a personal choice. Mine are not for you to decide thank you.

What am I spinning here? Inlaid out the reality of the  Lemon situation. Some of us still use reality, Proud. What's Lemon guilty of doing? Laughing at a comment? The man should be fired for laughing at a comment?!!!!! You can't be serious, right now. 

That was such a terrible rebuttal to what I said. And I understand why. You really have no excuse to advocate for Lemon to be fired and stand for Trump's right to be president, at the same time, other that just a glaring bias. 

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

“There is no travel ban on them,” Lemon said. “There is no ban on… you know, they had the Muslim ban. There is no ‘white guy ban.’ So what do we do about that?”

"White guy" is not a religion Don. Let's compare them to Muslims. Good gawd. Simply a genius. Not alone as some of you overlook the obvious. Brilliant you. 

I mean....I'm white, but he brings up a point🤷🏻‍♂️. What does it matter if it's a religion or not? That's irrelevant. If you can ban  religions, what stops you from banning races? Is the purpose of a travel ban, to eliminate religions or is it to eliminate people causing harm? So, were conservatives just full of **** with the whole "we just want America safe" argument? And youre all really just support banning Muslims, because they're not Christians, and therefore, not worthy of "your" country?

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

To the first article, where is he wrong? 

The whole premise. 

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Care to expound?

Yes. The travel ban is widely termed by those that disagree as a ban on “Muslims”. However, it’s a ban/restriction on people from countries/regions that have the most radical ideas toward the U.S. There are still small groups of Christians and Jewish people in those regions so those people are restricted as well. 

I think there should be extreme vetting of people coming to our country that come from nations with extreme ideas about America. As far as the people attempting to enter from the southern border, I’m for them entering as long as they come here legally. 

Yes, white males have done some atrocious things but so have men of every race. I am curious as to how the comments he made would have been received had it been made by a white person in reference to black or Latino men. 

13 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Yes. The travel ban is widely termed by those that disagree as a ban on “Muslims”. However, it’s a ban/restriction on people from countries/regions that have the most radical ideas toward the U.S. There are still small groups of Christians and Jewish people in those regions so those people are restricted as well. 

I think there should be extreme vetting of people coming to our country that come from nations with extreme ideas about America. As far as the people attempting to enter from the southern border, I’m for them entering as long as they come here legally. 

Yes, white males have done some atrocious things but so have men of every race. I am curious as to how the comments he made would have been received had it been made by a white person in reference to black or Latino men. 

I think you and I see his premise differently.  I don't look at his premise from a travel ban POV.  His key point, in his words, was that white men are the biggest terror threat to America based on the preponderance of terroristic threats and crimes they have committed over the last 20 or so years.  He then used the travel ban and the caravan as examples of perceived terror threats without there being real evidence of any those folks being more dangerous than white people in this country.

To your last point, that's an equivalency that I'm just not seeing.  The crimes that would largely fall under domestic terrorism are disproportionally committed by white males (thinking bombings, mass shootings, etc).  Yes, every race has examples of people who've done some really crappy things, but the sheer numbers of these large events committed by white males in the U.S. go against an equivalency argument.

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean....I'm white, but he brings up a point🤷🏻‍♂️. What does it matter if it's a religion or not? That's irrelevant. If you can ban  religions, what stops you from banning races? Is the purpose of a travel ban, to eliminate religions or is it to eliminate people causing harm? So, were conservatives just full of **** with the whole "we just want America safe" argument? And youre all really just support banning Muslims, because they're not Christians, and therefore, not worthy of "your" country?

Exactly.  And it's not like Trump wouldn't like to impose a racial ban:

Trump wants fewer immigrants from “****hole countries” and more from places like Norway

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/11/16880750/trump-immigrants-****hole-countries-norway

President Trump reportedly referred to Haiti and countries in Africa as “****hole countries” and called for more immigrants from places like Norway at an Oval Office meeting with lawmakers, two people briefed on the meeting told the Washington Post on Thursday night.

NBC News later confirmed the account:

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think you and I see his premise differently.  I don't look at his premise from a travel ban POV.  His key point, in his words, was that white men are the biggest terror threat to America based on the preponderance of terroristic threats and crimes they have committed over the last 20 or so years.  He then used the travel ban and the caravan as examples of perceived terror threats without there being real evidence of any those folks being more dangerous than white people in this country.

To your last point, that's an equivalency that I'm just not seeing.  The crimes that would largely fall under domestic terrorism are disproportionally committed by white males (thinking bombings, mass shootings, etc).  Yes, every race has examples of people who've done some really crappy things, but the sheer numbers of these large events committed by white males in the U.S. go against an equivalency argument.

Yes, bombings and such when done domestically are usually done by a white male (but then we get into profiling, right). However, on mass shootings, I’d assert that the numbers are skewed. There have been numerous shootings in the Birmingham area in the last few months where 5-7 people were shot, all by black men (some teens)and none were considered a “mass shooting”. In most of those, one or less died but if a person walked into a doctors office and shot 5 people, regardless of deaths, would it be thought of as a mass shooting? 

35 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Yes, bombings and such when done domestically are usually done by a white male (but then we get into profiling, right). However, on mass shootings, I’d assert that the numbers are skewed. There have been numerous shootings in the Birmingham area in the last few months where 5-7 people were shot, all by black men (some teens)and none were considered a “mass shooting”. In most of those, one or less died but if a person walked into a doctors office and shot 5 people, regardless of deaths, would it be thought of as a mass shooting? 

In the past, the government used the term "mass shooting" to refer to four or more killed in an attack.

32 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I think the key distinction is not the numbers of victims but motivation.  I think what is really meant by the term "mass shootings" are random shootings of innocent people simply for who they are. 

For example, the recent assassination of two black people in Kentucky by the guy who was trying to get into a black church would qualify as a random - or even more accurately - terrorist shooting.

‘Homeland Security’ Ignores White Terror, DHS Veterans Say

As far-right terror attacks mount, DHS is concentrating on a migrant caravan 1000+ miles away—and some FBI veterans say the bureau isn't taking white supremacy seriously enough.

........The topic: a group of Central American migrants slowly wending their way through Mexico in hopes of seeking asylum in the United States. Some participants were flummoxed: In the face of the most lethal anti-semitic terror attack in American history, was DHS really focused, exclusively, on migrants?

“In the world of homeland security, the common practice is to focus on those threats that present the greatest risk,” said John Cohen, a Rutgers professor and former senior official in the Department of Homeland Security focused on counterterror. “So it’s disconcerting that in a call with national law enforcement and homeland security experts, the focus would be on the caravan versus the increasing number of mass casualty attacks the country’s experiencing, including by white extremists.”

It underscored a weakness at the center of U.S. national security. As the country reels from the latest spate of white supremacist murder, nine law-enforcement veterans say that combating violent white supremacy simply isn’t a top focus for the federal agencies mandated to protect Americans from terrorism.

Five veterans of the Department of Homeland Security told The Daily Beast that DHS, created in the wake of al Qaeda’s 9/11 attacks, has long considered far-right radicalism to be the FBI’s purview. But the FBI has competing priorities. Four bureau veterans interviewed by The Daily Beast gave a range of responses, spanning from either considering it important but less so than fighting jihadist terror to, in the words of one retiree, “the lowest priority.” (The FBI, for its part, insisted to The Daily Beast that its “top priority remains protecting the United States from terrorist attacks, both international and domestic.”)

Under Donald Trump’s presidency, experts say the threat has only grown–and without commensurate efforts to mitigate it. DHS gutted an interagency task force that represents the only federal effort at preventing radicalization for any form of terrorism. White supremacy was among its targets. “What we’ve lost here is the creation of infrastructure to prevent the threats of the future,” said George Selim, a senior Department of Homeland Security official who ran the task force before his retirement in summer 2017.

“Am I frustrated? Yeah,” said Cohen, the former DHS senior official. “We know what the problem is, but every time there’s another one of these attacks all we hear is, ‘Oh, this is shocking, this is horrible, our prayers are with the people, who would have imagined this ever would have happened?’ I think that was the exact quote from the president—‘This was unimaginable.’ No, it’s very imaginable because it’s happening on a regular basis in this country. We’re just not doing enough to stop it.”.......

Read the rest at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/homeland-security-ignores-white-terror-dhs-veterans-say

20 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

From what I have seen the fire on Lemon is this:

“I keep trying to point out to people not to demonize any one group or any one ethnicity, but we keep thinking that the biggest terror threat is something else," Lemon said

So we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them.”

It is those two quotes that people have issues with. He does exactly what he says we should stop doing. He could of just said radicalized right, and remember that Proud Boys ,one of your major alt-right groups, members are of different ethnicity. He even could of just said "white supremacist groups" like pretty much everyone else does and doesn't take heat.

Even PT will tell you me and him had words over that same phrasing in the second quote when the word white was filled with something else (the lefties liked me then also). I have the exact same issue with that phrasing now as I did then and view it in the same light. Course I will probably get facepalmed and called names or told I'm crazy this go round.

I could say the same about many on the left here about turning a blind eye. When is the last time you saw left individuals here calling out left BS? I have no issues of pointing out the hypocrisy if you like. For example the Unite the Right 2 thing in DC. Lot of talk about the actions/violence/rhetoric/racism going into it. Did anyone point the actions post that didn't involve the 20 dudes that showed up, made a speech, and got out? Take the Proud Boys/Antifa fight in NYC where blame was solely laid on Proud Boys in this forum. Nobody mentioned the vandalism the night before by Antifa or the threats of more to come. Sorry, but you walk toward individuals and throw a bottle at them, that isn't avoiding a fight... that is looking for one.

Both those groups have issues. Both part of the problem. Both bad for society and it is probably only a matter of time before their little war with each other escalates and innocents get hurt.

Sorry, but CNN and FOX are both just as guilty when it comes to the propaganda game and pandering to their viewers. You call me out for using Briebert (which if you follow the links on that page they all go to credible sources, many being local news which the only reason I used their collection) but no issues with Huffington Post or Vox?

Should more resources focus be put on white supremacy groups due to their potential dangers.......absolutely. I'm on board with that. Course I will also state that we shouldn't be focused on the comments about immigrants and violent crimes also. We should be going hardcore domestic with that issue also. Especially with the street gangs and the number of deaths they are racking up.

Archived