Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Man your  grandfather sounds like an awesome dude. 

And he was a big talented dude. Best story he ever told (from my dad), I never met him sadly, he died before I was born, but when he was at ND he was taking the train home, a woman in line was giving him some looks, so he started reciprocating, well she was with her bf that probably like 5’4 150lbs. He said “ what are you doing this little guy” he said, that little guy whooped his ass the worst he had ever gotten in his life. So bad that he didn’t go home Bc of his black eye and stayed at ND the rest of the quarter lol

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And he was a big talented dude. Best story he ever told (from my dad), I never met him sadly, he died before I was born, but when he was at ND he was taking the train home, a woman in line was giving him some looks, so he started reciprocating, well she was with her bf that probably like 5’4 150lbs. He said “ what are you doing this little guy” he said, that little guy whooped his ass the worst he had ever gotten in his life. So bad that he didn’t go home Bc of his black eye and stayed at ND the rest of the quarter lol

Lmao thats awesome. Nothing can get a guy in trouble quicker than a woman! 

@OnthePlains not many people come back from wwII and are pulling a Japanese admirals Barge into small town AL. Bet he made with the captain of their ship about their docking point, still have a picture of it. Later traded it for a regular lake boat. Geez if he had kept it. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

@OnthePlains not many people come back from wwII and are pulling a Japanese admirals Barge into small town AL. Bet he made with the captain of their ship about their docking point, still have a picture of it. Later traded it for a regular lake boat. Geez if he had kept it. 

Oh man if only he had kept it! Greatest Generation man. Saved the world. My grandpa was stationed in Italy in the Army Air Corps. I once asked him if he thought my generation could win a war like that...he said...”No”. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Oh man if only he had kept it! Greatest Generation man. Saved the world. My grandpa was stationed in Italy in the Army Air Corps. I once asked him if he thought my generation could win a war like that...he said...”No”. 

He was in the navy, have a painting in our office of his destroyer, as well as when had won a competition for catching the biggest marlin (which we still have the marlin trophy) recorded off of the Florida coast. Then someone caught one bigger 2 weeks later lol.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He was in the navy, have a painting in our office of his destroyer, as well as when had won a competition for catching the biggest marlin (which we still have the marlin trophy) recorded off of the Florida coast. Then someone caught one bigger 2 weeks later lol.

Lol there’s always a bigger fish...

What kinda business do yall own?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lumber business

Ah ok cool. Thanks for the talk Mav. I truly didn’t mean to hijack this thread and piss off Corch but it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Ah ok cool. Thanks for the talk Mav. I truly didn’t mean to hijack this thread and piss off Corch but it is what it is. 

Hey, we might as well talk about other stuff rather than “Gus bashing” right? Lol

34 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Hey @GwillMac6 I’m having a ton of fun tonight on here, you need to get in on this. I’ve got the Corch all fired up. 

IF ANYONE in here tries to defend Gus too us................ We have hired Good Brother John Rambo to serve them up for their rightful punishment for supporting the man who has wasted the most talent in AU football history! lol.

rambo.gif

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

IF ANYONE in here tries to defend Gus too us................ We have hired Good Brother John Rambo to serve them up for their rightful punishment for supporting the man who has wasted the most talent in AU football history! lol.

rambo.gif

@GwillMac6 and Rambo in da house!! 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

@GwillMac6 and Rambo in da house!! 

LEEEEEEETSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! 

dodgeball.gif

Well, I’m fairly certain Ive run off Corch tonight and I really didn’t want to. I’m pretty sure Mikey has me on ignore and 64 is just not fun anymore.  So we need some new blood round here.

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Then leave the board bro. Nobody is stopping you. I made a sarcastic albeit true remark which last time I checked was perfectly ok on a message board... Gus will find a way to lose 4 or more next year, you and the Brigade will defend him (and I’m fairly convinced you are all members of his family at this point) , those of us with brains will criticize him and life will go on...it’s what we do ... no one forces you to come here so feel free to check out and go hang at the Malzahns. 

Seriously you are saying since some don’t criticize Gus they don’t have brains...Post all you like it’s a free forum  but please remember at the end of the day it’s just sports entertainment...

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Seriously you are saying since some don’t criticize Gus they don’t have brains...Post all you like it’s a free forum  but please remember at the end of the day it’s just sports entertainment...

I have not been entertained by Auburn football all season. Have you? Only our rivals and opponents have gotten any entertainment out of this season from Auburn.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Yes please remember that...amd its called sarcasm good grief. Believe me I know its just “sports entertainment “. Its some others around here who take themselves a tad too seriously for a message board,

And thanks for your permission to post

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have not been entertained by Auburn football all season. Have you? Only our rivals and opponents have gotten any entertainment out of this season from Auburn.

Eh, Poet is not as much fun as the others. I need my nemesis. Mikey is like Heath Ledger’s Joker...Corch, Poet, 64 etc. they’re just wanna be Joker’s like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have been entertained...and disappointed at the same time...but I’ll be damned if I lose my wits about it. And for a man without a functioning brain, he has accomplished a lot in his life. Has a NC ring as an asst, Couple of SEC titles, had the opportunity to coach a heisman winner and positively impact the lives of several young men. I don’t think there is an Auburn football fan that is overly happy about this season, but it is what it is. It’s really easy to stand tall when things are going well with the team you root for but there are times you gotta stand taller when things are not going as we hoped for. Some just to choose to support regardless of the situation. Does not make them brainless. Just their choice on how they wanna support the team. I respect your right to an opinion just like many others here, I enjoy seeing such a wide array of viewpoints which makes this board the best one on the net. 

I have been entertained...and disappointed at the same time...but I’ll be damned if I lose my wits about it. And for a man without a functioning brain, he has accomplished a lot in his life. Has a NC ring as an asst, Couple of SEC titles, had the opportunity to coach a heisman winner and positively impact the lives of several young men. I don’t think there is an Auburn football fan that is overly happy about this season, but it is what it is. It’s really easy to stand tall when things are going well with the team you root for but there are times you gotta stand taller when things are not going as we hoped for. Some just to choose to support regardless of the situation. Does not make them brainless. Just their choice on how they wanna support the team. I respect your right to an opinion just like many others here, I enjoy seeing such a wide array of viewpoints which makes this board the best one on the net. 

It. Was. Sarcasm.  If. I. Could. Write. It. In. Crayon. For. You. I. Would.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

We are discussing OL regardless of who the coach is... I don’t care what happens with the coaches.  I support the coaches as long as the are at AU but I have nothing for them other then that.  But posts like this is why I left the board for a while... and many others as well because there can be no other discussion on the board outside of Gus sucks... sorry to disappoint but you probably have the rest of this year and next year to complain so you might want to pace yourself.  

I hope you don't leave this board again. I and I suspect others follow your posts pretty closely. Too many knowledgeable posters are already not posting. Please keep posting and thanks.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

So one of the things in life, watching football with my father, a Gus led squad has taken that away.

I kinda had a similar relationship with my grandfather and the Braves. I can still probably spit out all if not most of the regular starters for the Braves from the time that I was 5 years old to 17 if I saw you in person. Watching the Braves was always our thing. He was actually an Alabama fan but not like an Updyke....more like a state of Alabama fan. My grandmother actually became an Auburn fan for me just because I was the only one in the family not an Alabama fan. Great people. Anyways, Braves eventually didn’t win tbe division, then they began to suck and it just got to where I was too busy with high school life for the Barves, so I dropped our thing on the weekends. My grand dad is still living at 96 but I am now 29 and live over three hours away. Even when I visit Florence every other month and we talk about the Braves, I still feel regret for stopping. That was a great era. My mom and grandmother were alive and well, I enjoyed working with my grand dad, etc.

Anyways, find another significant thing to do with your dad. Even if it’s watching Dateline like I also used to do with Pop. You’re going to miss him one day and same old Auburn will still be there. Maybe tbe enjoyment of watching Auburn with your dad has more to do with him than Auburn. If you know what I mean. Good luck to your dad.

Auburn will probably give me a heart attack at some point in my life, so I second OnThePlains. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I kinda had a similar relationship with my grandfather and the Braves. I can still probably spit out all if not most of the regular starters for the Braves from the time that I was 5 years old to 17 if I saw you in person. Watching the Braves was always our thing. He was actually an Alabama fan but not like an Updyke....more like a state of Alabama fan. My grandmother actually became an Auburn fan for me just because I was the only one in the family not an Alabama fan. Great people. Anyways, Braves eventually didn’t win tbe division, then they began to suck and it just got to where I was too busy with high school life for the Barves, so I dropped our thing on the weekends. My grand dad is still living at 96 but I am now 29 and live over three hours away. Even when I visit Florence every other month and we talk about the Braves, I still feel regret for stopping. That was a great era. My mom and grandmother were alive and well, I enjoyed working with my grand dad, etc.

Anyways, find another significant thing to do with your dad. Even if it’s watching Dateline like I also used to do with Pop. You’re going to miss him one day and same old Auburn will still be there. Maybe tbe enjoyment of watching Auburn with your dad has more to do with him than Auburn. If you know what I mean. Good luck to your dad.

Auburn will probably give me a heart attack at some point in my life, so I second OnThePlains. 

My grandpa and I bonded over the Braves too! He taught me everything I know about baseball and I was so happy they won a World Series before he passed.  He wasn’t a big football fan but he loved baseball. Summer nights at my grandparents watching TBS and listening to Skip, Pete and Ernie...good memories.

59 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Eh, Poet is not as much fun as the others. I need my nemesis. Mikey is like Heath Ledger’s Joker...Corch, Poet, 64 etc. they’re just wanna be Joker’s like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad.

You are giving them way way to much credit and weaponizing them fam! lmao

25 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

My grandpa and I bonded over the Braves too! He taught me everything I know about baseball and I was so happy they won a World Series before he passed.  He wasn’t a big football fan but he loved baseball. Summer nights at my grandparents watching TBS and listening to Skip, Pete and Ernie...good memories.

What is it with old people and baseball?! A lot of older women (like senior citizen age and up) do not give a dang about other sports. BUT THEY LOVE them some baseball! haha.

Archived