Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I'm not sure Tega has enough draft status at this point... UDFA at this point.  Trox is the only one of the 3 others you listed that have a shot at playing time this year unless major injuries pile up.  

Have you heard anything on Ashley? I know he has had some injury that we have not been given a whole lot of details about this. I was hoping he would be back soon. He seems like a lot of potential that we have not been able to tap so far.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We are discussing OL regardless of who the coach is... I don’t care what happens with the coaches.  I support the coaches as long as the are at AU but I have nothing for them other then that.  But posts like this is why I left the board for a while... and many others as well because there can be no other discussion on the board outside of Gus sucks... sorry to disappoint but you probably have the rest of this year and next year to complain so you might want to pace yourself.  

Then leave the board bro. Nobody is stopping you. I made a sarcastic albeit true remark which last time I checked was perfectly ok on a message board... Gus will find a way to lose 4 or more next year, you and the Brigade will defend him (and I’m fairly convinced you are all members of his family at this point) , those of us with brains will criticize him and life will go on...it’s what we do ... no one forces you to come here so feel free to check out and go hang at the Malzahns. 

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Trox is still with the team.  Ashley... Information will come out soon.  Lets just leave the Ashley stuff at that for now since there are no official reports at this point speculation would just be rumor.  

Sorry I wasn't clear.  Yeah, I'm talking about Ashley and like I said I have no info.  Just vaguely remember an article I read that said he wasn't with the team at the moment.  Sorry for the lack of clarity.  But, how many times during Gus' tenure have we heard that about a player?

57 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Harrell and Horton have no desire for the NFL, they both are concerned about CTE effecting their careers after football. And yes I know for a fact it is not a rumor I am starting. 

I'm not a doctor, but I'd like to reassure those two that the way they are playing they are in NO danger of getting any type of head trauma during an offensive series.  Now they might fall down somewhere in the cafeteria carrying their food to the table and get a concussion, but during the game?  No way in hell.  You could layer the outside of their helmets with eggs and none would be broken after the game.

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Then leave the board bro. Nobody is stopping you. I made a sarcastic albeit true remark which last time I checked was perfectly ok on a message board... Gus will find a way to lose 4 or more next year, you and the Brigade will defend him (and I’m fairly convinced you are all members of his family at this point) , those of us with brains will criticize him and life will go on...it’s what we do ... 

Corch does have a point though. We can’t have discussions of anything currently related to our football team without everything going back to “bad Gus, bad!” That does get old and almost makes me wish we’d just rip the band-aid off. It’s obvious that Gus has a mountain to climb to get some good- will back from his fans and that’s not going to happen. Y’all know my thoughts on the contract and his security, but if I have to hear anti-Gus s*** all off season, I might pull a cot out and live on the Non Auburn sports board. As a fan, I love being optimistic about our team in the offseason and sounds likes that won’t be the case this year. 

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We are discussing OL regardless of who the coach is... I don’t care what happens with the coaches.  I support the coaches as long as the are at AU but I have nothing for them other then that.  But posts like this is why I left the board for a while... and many others as well because there can be no other discussion on the board outside of Gus sucks... sorry to disappoint but you probably have the rest of this year and next year to complain so you might want to pace yourself.  

Corch you left the board for like 48 hours bro haha 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Corch does have a point though. We can’t have discussions of anything currently related to our football team without everything going back to “bad Gus, bad!” That does get old and almost makes me wish we’d just rip the band-aid off. It’s obvious that Gus has a mountain to climb to get some good- will back from his fans and that’s not going to happen. Y’all know my thoughts on the contract and his security, but if I have to hear anti-Gus s*** all off season, I might pull a cot out and live on the Non Auburn sports board. As a fan, I love being optimistic about our team in the offseason and sounds likes that won’t be the case this year. 

Then. Live. On. The. Non. Sports. Board. I’m not going to pretend our coach has a brain. Call it negativity if u like. I call it realistic. 

11 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I'm not a doctor, but I'd like to reassure those two that the way they are playing they are in NO danger of getting any type of head trauma during an offensive series.  Now they might fall down somewhere in the cafeteria carrying their food to the table and get a concussion, but during the game?  No way in hell.  You could layer the outside of their helmets with eggs and none would be broken after the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=4424988

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Call it negativity if u like. I call it realistic. 

Realistic, negative, it doesn’t matter. It’s just getting redundant.

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Realistic, negative, it doesn’t matter. It’s just getting redundant.

When there is not much positive to talk about, then what do you talk about? Gus, over the last 4 seasons, has given us one instance of positive talking points during season. That’s because in those 4 seasons we’re out of anything meaningful by midseason. AU should not be playing “spoiler” to Uga or bama. They should be competing for titles.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

One of the reasons I believe Bryant doesn't come to Auburn is the talent, or lack of talent on the offensive line.

That and he can probably recognize a mangled train wreck of an offense when he sees one...

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah I often wonder why people assume these guys won’t get better. They haven’t played well this year but the experience and an extra year under their belt will do wonders. Also, a QB that can relieve some stress as well. Looks like we have several in that regard 

Maybe because they really don't have the talent?

That's been pretty evident.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

When there is not much positive to talk about, then what do you talk about?

Haha I don’t know. Only 7 mil runs off the contract each year. 

Like I said, there just may need to be a swift removal of the band-aid. 

I expect more experienced and savvy Gus bashings next year. It’s been pedestrian this year. Let tbe cream of the crop rise to the top. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I expect more experienced and savvy Gus bashings next year. It’s been pedestrian this year. Let tbe cream of the crop rise to the top. 

That really hurts bro...I really try for savvy...

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If only Gus could claim “experienced” and “savvy” we wouldn’t be having these discussions lol.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If only Gus could claim “experienced” and “savvy” we wouldn’t be having these discussions lol.

If Gus had enough brain cells left he’d seek OnThePlains advice, but he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter though. Half this board wants Mike Leach and he’s couple of fries short of a happy meal. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If Gus has enough brain cells left he’d seek OnThePlains advice, but he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter though. Half this board wants Mike Leach and he’s couple of fries short of a happy meal. 

Damn right he would.

Archived