Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

9 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Maybe because they really don't have the talent?

That's been pretty evident.

I don’t agree with that. Some of these guys are 4 and 5 star recruits man lol. All- Americans! All of these guys don’t have talent? Come on now. That’s silly. They haven’t been playing up to their potential . It could be them, it could be coaching . It could be both but I highly doubt they don’t have talent. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Gus had enough brain cells left he’d seek OnThePlains advice, but he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter though. Half this board wants Mike Leach and he’s couple of fries short of a happy meal. 

Half?

questionable

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Gus had enough brain cells left he’d seek OnThePlains advice, but he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter though. Half this board wants Mike Leach and he’s couple of fries short of a happy meal. 

Lol, well I have a higher disdain for Gus this year, than I have in previous. One of the things I have enjoyed in life is watching games with my father, who I have watched 90%+ of games with my entire life. My dad had a heart attack in late June, he has decided this year, due to the on the field struggles, that if AU is playing early, he isn’t watching, and is pursing his other hobbies and interests. So one of the things in life, watching football with my father, a Gus led squad has taken that away. So I have a little more disdain this year than most. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I don’t want Leach but at least the press conferences would be must see tv.

Leach is funny as hell forreal though. He is also doing a remarkable job at Washington State.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I don’t want Leach but at least the press conferences would be must see tv.

I’m guessing he is out of question. We don’t even want uniform changes. Why would we go outside of our comfort zone to put Spurrier on steroids on the podium. Can you imagine Phillip Marshall’s face then?

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Corch you left the board for like 48 hours bro haha 

This is the first post on the football board in a couple weeks.  I was in the recruiting forum... had some info to pass along to others so I dropped in on the football board and see we still can’t discuss football without the constant complaints 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol, well I have a higher disdain for Gus this year, than I have in previous. One of the things I have enjoyed in life is watching games with my father, who I have watched 90%+ of games with my entire life. My dad had a heart attack in late June, he has decided this year, due to the on the field struggles, that if AU is playing early, he isn’t watching, and is pursing his other hobbies and interests. So one of the things in life, watching football with my father, a Gus led squad has taken that away. So I have a little more disdain this year than most. 

I would never let something like football ruin my relationship or enjoyment with my dad.  And I lost my dad in ‘13.  My sons are huge AU fans and we enjoy the games the same as we always have in regards to being together.  

If football is unhealthy for your father he probably made the right choice by not watching

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Have you heard anything on Ashley? I know he has had some injury that we have not been given a whole lot of details about this. I was hoping he would be back soon. He seems like a lot of potential that we have not been able to tap so far.

Yes but can’t comment on an open forum.  We will hear more before next week

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

This is the first post on the football board in a couple weeks.  I was in the recruiting forum... had some info to pass along to others so I dropped in on the football board and see we still can’t discuss football without the constant complaints 

So just so I have this straight...you’re complaining about the complaining on a message board...ok gotcha.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I would never let something like football ruin my relationship or enjoyment with my dad.  And I lost my dad in ‘13.  My sons are huge AU fans and we enjoy the games the same as we always have in regards to being together.  

If football is unhealthy for your father he probably made the right choice by not watching

He gets frustrated just like anybody else. My point is, a Gus led team has made my father not want to watch “early” games as it seems to be lately. Something that I enjoyed with my father, as other than my college years. We haven’t missed a game together. So, yes, it ticks me off that our 49m dollar coach makes my father not want to watch football games. This is nothing about “ruined” relationship, it’s that he doesn’t want to watch certain games because he knows that he’s going to get, frustrated by what’s put on the field

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Then leave the board bro. Nobody is stopping you. I made a sarcastic albeit true remark which last time I checked was perfectly ok on a message board... Gus will find a way to lose 4 or more next year, you and the Brigade will defend him (and I’m fairly convinced you are all members of his family at this point) , those of us with brains will criticize him and life will go on...it’s what we do ... no one forces you to come here so feel free to check out and go hang at the Malzahns. 

Personal attack as usual from you.  Debate football voice your opinion but the foolish attacks toward anyone that has a differing opinion is childish.  So grow up or go get on a kiddie board yourself where other children are

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Dang that sucks man. Hope your dad is doing well. I don’t blame him for pursuing other things. I’ve always said my first heart attack will be during am Auburn game.

Just now, corchjay said:

Personal attack as usual from you.  Debate football voice your opinion but the foolish attacks toward anyone that has a differing opinion is childish.  So grow up or go get on a kiddie board yourself where other children are

So let me get this straight, you answered a personal attack you took offense to, which really wasn’t personal at all, with a personal attack? Ok gotcha. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Dang that sucks man. Hope your dad is doing well. I don’t blame him for pursuing other things. I’ve always said my first heart attack will be during am Auburn game.

He is doing well, I’ve taken over all of the business duties. We are a family business. Technically started in 1901, but in its current location since 1932. Tried to take stress off him and let him live a somewhat retired life. He seems to be doing well and enjoying himself otherwise!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

He is doing well, I’ve taken over all of the business duties. We area family business. Technically started in 1901, but in its current location since 1932. Tried to take stress off him and let him live a somewhat retired life. He seems to be doing well and enjoying himself otherwise!

Thats awesome man. Glad to hear he is doing good. My dad has had two heart attacks and a stroke so I’ve been there. He’s a bammer though so you know Thanksgiving is always fun.

Thats awesome man. Glad to hear he is doing good. My dad has had two heart attacks and a stroke so I’ve been there. He’s a bammer though so you know Thanksgiving is always fun.

My dad was an Alabama fan until his junior year at auburn. My grandfather got a scholarship to AU and was drafted into the war, was told his scholarship would be honored, when he came back, AU said he was too old. He hated AU u til the day he died

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

My dad was an Alabama fan until his junior year at auburn. My grandfather got a scholarship to AU and was drafted into the war, was told his scholarship would be honored, when he came back, AU said he was too old. He hated AU u til the day he died

Wow. Thats crazy. I wish my dad would convert but you gotta better chance of the Pope converting to Islam.

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

So let me get this straight, you answered a personal attack you took offense to, which really wasn’t personal at all, with a personal attack? Ok gotcha. 

Yep 

Wow. Thats crazy. I wish my dad would convert but you gotta better chance of the Pope converting to Islam.

My dad became an AU fan after we lost to bama one of the years he was there and how terrible the fans were. He basically said “I don’t want to be associated with that trash” and has been a AU fan ever since. My grandfather however, played spring ball for notre dame and made the team but declined because “he just wanted to knock the hell out of them” Bc he hated ND. He was a 3 year letter at LA tech.

Hey @GwillMac6 I’m having a ton of fun tonight on here, you need to get in on this. I’ve got the Corch all fired up. 

I’m not fired up at all.  Was just enjoying talking real football.  There are plenty of threads for you to complain about Gus.  Yeah try to round up all the supporters you can.  I’ll be hanging around talking football 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I’m not fired up at all.  Was just enjoying talking real football.  There are plenty of threads for you to complain about Gus.  Yeah try to round up all the supporters you can.  I’ll be hanging around talking football 

I actually agreed with you about the O line improving. All I did was throw in a sarcastic remark about Gus ( a sarcastic remark that will ring true). Thats it. You then decided it was time for you to fight and protect the mighty virtue of the sacred message board thread like all of you Gussers do when you don’t like something we said. 

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My dad became an AU fan after we lost to bama one of the years he was there and how terrible the fans were. He basically said “I don’t want to be associated with that trash” and has been a AU fan ever since. My grandfather however, played spring ball for notre dame and made the team but declined because “he just wanted to knock the hell out of them” Bc he hated ND. He was a 3 year letter at LA tech.

Man your  grandfather sounds like an awesome dude. 

Archived