Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

50 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I have been entertained...and disappointed at the same time...but I’ll be damned if I lose my wits about it. And for a man without a functioning brain, he has accomplished a lot in his life. Has a NC ring as an asst, Couple of SEC titles, had the opportunity to coach a heisman winner and positively impact the lives of several young men. I don’t think there is an Auburn football fan that is overly happy about this season, but it is what it is. It’s really easy to stand tall when things are going well with the team you root for but there are times you gotta stand taller when things are not going as we hoped for. Some just to choose to support regardless of the situation. Does not make them brainless. Just their choice on how they wanna support the team. I respect your right to an opinion just like many others here, I enjoy seeing such a wide array of viewpoints which makes this board the best one on the net. 

2012 was more entertaining than this team. At least I could laugh and laugh and laugh manically at how absolutely horrendous we were and all of us auburn fans could crack jokes together and make fun of ourselves. This years team? It just makes me angrier and angrier each game seeing so much talent wasted.  AND YES! You got dang right I lose my wits about it. THIS. MAN. IS. SO. STUBBORN. 2014 and this year team will be the main reasons why I always despise Gus the football coach. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2012 was more entertaining than this team. At least I could laugh and laugh and laugh manically at how absolutely horrendous we were and all of us auburn fans could crack jokes together and make fun of ourselves. This years team? It just makes me angrier and angrier each game seeing so much talent wasted.  AND YES! You got dang right I lose my wits about it. THIS. MAN. IS. SO. STUBBORN. 2014 and this year team will be the main reasons why I always despise Gus the football coach. 

My dad passed away in July of 2012.  He was a grad student at Auburn in 1957 and also got to see them win another NC in 2010.  I'm glad he didn't have to suffer through 2012;  I think he knew it was time to go before that season kicked off.:)

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are giving them way way to much credit and weaponizing them fam! lmao

A weaponized Mikey.... that's scary....

tumblr_oh4j0sWe2T1rfd7lko1_500.gif

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

clint.gif

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

True story but me and @Mikey on Christmas are going to go see the new Clint Eastwood movie together!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Christmas with Clint Eastwood and Uncle Mikey?! CAN YOU SAY BEST CHRISTMAS EVERRRRRRRR?????????? lol.

4 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

My grandpa and I bonded over the Braves too! He taught me everything I know about baseball and I was so happy they won a World Series before he passed.  He wasn’t a big football fan but he loved baseball. Summer nights at my grandparents watching TBS and listening to Skip, Pete and Ernie...good memories.

Heck yeah. Those were some dang good summers.

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I kinda had a similar relationship with my grandfather and the Braves. I can still probably spit out all if not most of the regular starters for the Braves from the time that I was 5 years old to 17 if I saw you in person. Watching the Braves was always our thing. He was actually an Alabama fan but not like an Updyke....more like a state of Alabama fan. My grandmother actually became an Auburn fan for me just because I was the only one in the family not an Alabama fan. Great people. Anyways, Braves eventually didn’t win tbe division, then they began to suck and it just got to where I was too busy with high school life for the Barves, so I dropped our thing on the weekends. My grand dad is still living at 96 but I am now 29 and live over three hours away. Even when I visit Florence every other month and we talk about the Braves, I still feel regret for stopping. That was a great era. My mom and grandmother were alive and well, I enjoyed working with my grand dad, etc.

Anyways, find another significant thing to do with your dad. Even if it’s watching Dateline like I also used to do with Pop. You’re going to miss him one day and same old Auburn will still be there. Maybe tbe enjoyment of watching Auburn with your dad has more to do with him than Auburn. If you know what I mean. Good luck to your dad.

Auburn will probably give me a heart attack at some point in my life, so I second OnThePlains. 

Totally agree Jeff, I am lucky enough to spend a lot of time around my dad, I see him at minimum 6 days a week. All week with work, we also usually have a happy hour on Friday’s, and usually have our good Sunday afternoon chat for a few hours. I am truly fortunate in that regard.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm fully weaponized already and have been for years. Plus, there's a very cool if somewhat unstable daughter on the premises. She likes to blow people and stuff up with RPGs so I usually keep those locked up.  However, the key is at hand.

9 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Eh, Poet is not as much fun as the others. I need my nemesis. Mikey is like Heath Ledger’s Joker...Corch, Poet, 64 etc. they’re just wanna be Joker’s like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad.

Your nemesis? Lol. The only true nemesis I have ever had on this board was McLoofus at one point, but he also made for very good debate. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree in some cases the talent has been mismanaged or not given an opportunity. The thing that irks me the most is the mistakes being made by upper classmen. In every loss there has been a major mistake by Stidham, Slayton, Dean, and R Davis. The team has not been waxed up and down the field (at least not yet) just a lot of errors and poor execution. Look at each loss and some of the mistakes made by the upper classmen could have easily changed the outcome of each game in Auburn’s favor.

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

If I'm tega I leave. I don't trust any of it though. I'm not just going to think the guys not playing aren't better than the guys that are actually. I wouldn't be surprised at the least if Ashley, the other Prince and trox should all be playing actually

Leave for what?  Undrafted free agent?   With the possibility of getting cut.   Stay another year and get experience, then possibly drafted in late rounds

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Your nemesis? Lol. The only true nemesis I have ever had on this board was McLoofus at one point, but he also made for very good debate. 

Lol yeah I love Mikey man. I don’t mind these guys having their pro Gus opinions, I just like having some fun with it. I’m sure Mikey is a great Auburn man and I mean him no disrespect....but all of his dastardly plans must be thwarted!

C8BB8FF5-2B56-4297-9167-A99FD2EB22B9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm fully weaponized already and have been for years. Plus, there's a very cool if somewhat unstable daughter on the premises. She likes to blow people and stuff up with RPGs so I usually keep those locked up.  However, the key is at hand.

Damn, that was somewhat funny. I was wrong about you having zero personality...

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think we will see an new OC, OL coach, and possibly new RB coach. Gus needs to make a splash hire with the OC with someone like Freeze or Kendal Briles. Gus will take a lot of flack with hiring either of these coaches, but needs to hold his ground with the hire. Before any of this can happen, Gus needs to win the TAMU game and have a good showing against UGA & turds.

I honestly think that if we lose TAMU and the rest of our SEC schedule, Gus is gone. Time will tell this story no doubt.

I really have no justification on my feelings but I would like to see a new strength and conditioning coach also

39 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Leave for what?  Undrafted free agent?   With the possibility of getting cut.   Stay another year and get experience, then possibly drafted in late rounds

You think there's a difference in status as far as what you just said? Actually it would be better to not be drafted in the late rounds so you could pick where you go. Staying at Auburn does absolutely nothing for him. Just makes him look worse actually. If he makes it he makes it off his potential

10 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Eh, Poet is not as much fun as the others. I need my nemesis. Mikey is like Heath Ledger’s Joker...Corch, Poet, 64 etc. they’re just wanna be Joker’s like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad.

You know what I feel this. I also feel so much older than what I am. I see you and a few others and think a new batch of what I used to say....

But I need new people to hate me because my most recent batch of rivals has been lackluster. But I don't have the time or energy to take on 90% of the entire board either. I'm trying to find my niche

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You know what I feel this. I also feel so much older than what I am. I see you and a few others and think a new batch of what I used to say....

But I need new people to hate me because my most recent batch of rivals has been lackluster. But I don't have the time or energy to take on 90% of the entire board either. I'm trying to find my niche

I just want it to be fun man. The season sucks so may as well have some fun with it.  While I respect differing opinions, I’m just dumbfounded at how vehemently some on here still defend Gus Mediocre.

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Damn, that was somewhat funny. I was wrong about you having zero personality...

I've said more than once, I have a feeling I'd get along great with Mikey in real life.  He's got a cool old school way about him.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Wth ...did I step into a time machine? Is this High School or possibly middle school?

Well yes because we are grown men posting on a football forum. The average person would probably think this is quite juvenile of us to do such, discussing the ins and outs of young adults playing a child’s game. Just saying.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I've said more than once, I have a feeling I'd get along great with Mikey in real life.  He's got a cool old school way about him.

Yeah I really don’t make a lot of character judgments from how folks are on a message board. I’m quite certain Mikey is an awesome guy...but on here....he must be stopped!

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well yes because we are grown men posting on a football forum. The average person would probably think this is quite juvenile of us to do such, discussing the ins and outs of young adults playing a child’s game. Just saying.

Oh it’s not the football...its the nemesis and who don’t like me vs you stuff...is that real or some sarcasm I might have missed..

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Oh it’s not the football...its the nemesis and who don’t like me vs you stuff...is that real or some sarcasm I might have missed..

You’re obviously bad with sarcasm.

Archived