2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

Does anyone know what level of competition he plays against?

With due respect it doesn't matter. His tape is ...

0ad0b7d3-ff9f-4155-b19d-f3f05a91705f_tex

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JoeinPF said:

Notice that 24/7 has yet to reportt his sending in his LOI. It’s this any reason for concern? 

AU reported a couple hours ago. We Gucci!

Since you facepalmed my post @aujeff11 does that mean Mike Farrell was the national guy thinking DJ was a top 3 RB talent & was that a part of the PM you sent me yesterday? Sorry if I missed that factoid.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Since you facepalmed my post @aujeff11 does that mean Mike Farrell was the national guy thinking DJ was a top 3 RB talent & was that a part of the PM you sent me yesterday? Sorry if I missed that factoid.

I don’t know what national guy he was talking about. I know Aunerd, Boner, and others have all said Williams would’ve been the top backup priority to Sanders. Boner said he confirmed with Williams that he knew if Sanders didn’t pick Bama that he’d get a Bama offer. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know what national guy he was talking about. I know Aunerd, Boner, and others have all said Williams would’ve been the top backup priority to Sanders. Boner said he confirmed with Williams that he knew if Sanders didn’t pick Bama that he’d get a Bama offer. 

I knew all that. I thought it was clear by the question in my OP that I didn't know the national guy part.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I knew all that. I thought it was clear by the question in my OP that I didn't know the national guy part.

Nope.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I don't see how it couldn't given my question only asked about the nation guy part of @gr82b4au 's post.

It wasn’t about your question. It was about “I didn’t know this” when he said “this is already known now”

He obviously wasn’t saying that everyone already knew what a national guy said.

Edited by aujeff11

6 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Well we're certainly set at wildcat for a while - every play in DJs 7 + min highlight vid is with him as QB.

Exactly,  not sure if he has ever received a hand off.  Lol.  

Also,  he is clearly the best player on the field in every highlight...   happy for the get,  but wonder if he is really all “that”. Obviously he must be though with the other schools in contention. 

6 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Looks faster than Tre. Only time will tell if he has Tre’s balance or lean. 

Hard to imagine he will on that last part, but I see a little more tackle-breaking ability. He seems a little more Mike Dyer than Tre Mason to me. Dyer's stockier but I'm not sure if he was as a freshman, at least not meaningfully so. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hard to imagine he will on that last part, but I see a little more tackle-breaking ability. He seems a little more Mike Dyer than Tre Mason to me. Dyer's stockier but I'm not sure if he was as a freshman, at least not meaningfully so. 

Mike had a really good build as a freshman. My wife and I got a pit bull puppy that year who loved to run around the house carrying a football in her mouth. We nicknamed her Dyer.

• Like 1

I keep looking at his film and each time I do I feel better and better about picking him up.  Boobie developed well this year as did Worm and we still look good for MAR so I am a lot less worried about RB then I was a few weeks ago. A solid Linebacker and a miracle in O-Line recruiting is what we need now. That miracle would start with keeping Tega and Ashley.  I am hoping having a kid will wake Ashley up so he can become the OT we originally thought he could be. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am hoping having a kid will wake Ashley up so he can become the OT we originally thought he could be

If Ashley stays he's more likely to end up at OG this point FWIW.

• Like 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooo DJ is a virtual lock to be a composite 4* later today. At minimum he is getting a big bump from ESPN.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo DJ is a virtual lock to be a composite 4* later today. At minimum he is getting a big bump from ESPN.

It's amazing how much this kid shot up the ranking...hats off to the staff for finding him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's amazing how much this kid shot up the ranking...hats off to the staff for finding him

This staff has consistently found under-evaluated 3*s. Gus continues to deserve a ton of credit for that. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This staff has consistently found under-evaluated 3*s. Gus continues to deserve a ton of credit for that. 

Except on the OL.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1