2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

They just said in the radio that DJ has moved his commitment from 11 to 2 pm Wednesday so he can see what sanders is going to do. Sanders is committing at 11. If that is true then that is another bad sign for AU. Goodness knows I am tired of the bad news. 

I have not seen this anywhere so this bammer homer radio station maybe wrong. 

My God I hate feeling like sloppy seconds. We are not a worst case scenario school. We aren’t Louisville.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My God I hate feeling like sloppy seconds. We are not a worst case scenario school. We aren’t Louisville.

Well I don’t mind if we are actually going to get seconds. The problem is that if he is waiting until after sanders commits then the school that misses may get him. He is obviously listening IF he changed his time from 11 to 1:30. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I don’t mind if we are actually going to get seconds

We have already missed on MAR, McIntosh, and Cain lol. We are about to miss on the backup plan. 

31 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We have already missed on MAR, McIntosh, and Cain lol. We are about to miss on the backup plan. 

I think we are leading right now. Just not sure what happens on Wed. 

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

We missed on MAR?

No. Jeff is just choosing to be a negabarner. We lead with MAR.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. Jeff is just choosing to be a negabarner. We lead with MAR.

FWIW, E I am a negabarner right now. Don’t like feeling like a hollaback girl when our RB history is just as good anybody else on our schedule. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

FWIW, E I am a negabarner right now. Don’t like feeling like a hollaback girl when our RB history is just as good anybody else on our schedule. 

I get it but we gotta accept the reality until our coaches consistently use more than 1 feature back & not use the #1 til he is run into the ground & still use him while injured when other RBs relatively just sit on the bench while other teams who use more than 1 feature back & not run their 1s into the ground, those other teams will be higher choices more often. Recruits don't want to be 30 carries a game work horses anymore. They want to share the load now a days because an RB's future shelf life is short as is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I get it but we gotta accept the reality until our coaches consistently use more than 1 feature back & not use the #1 til he is run into the ground & still use him while injured when other RBs relatively just sit on the bench while other teams who use more than 1 feature back & not run their 1s into the ground, those other teams will be higher choices more often. Recruits don't want to be 30 carries a game work horses anymore. They want to share the load now a days because an RB's future shelf life is short as is.

Also, we need a couple more guys to get drafted in the early rounds. One 2nd-3rd rounder every few years with the occasional last-day guy/UFA in between is not as good as what some other programs are doing. KJ getting injured didn't help us in the advertising department, especially with guys from our 3 main rivals being marquee NFL players (now that Henry is exploding out of nowhere). 

• Like 1

There's actually no evidence at all that we're Williams' second choice. You might feel that way, but the only thing I've seen is rank speculation that if Bama or UGA make a push Williams might be interested. It's equally possible that he's going to Auburn (or Bama or UGA) regardless of what happens with Trey Sanders.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

There's actually no evidence at all that we're Williams' second choice. You might feel that way, but the only thing I've seen is rank speculation that if Bama or UGA make a push Williams might be interested. It's equally possible that he's going to Auburn (or Bama or UGA) regardless of what happens with Trey Sanders.

Apparently he pushed back his announcement to see what Sanders is going to do. And we aren’t in for Sanders...unfortunately.

Well, I've seen nothing where he or someone in his family said that was the reason for the time change. I've seen media members speculate that it is. Also, again, we don't know what his decision is so we don't know if Sanders' decision is going to change his decision.

Edited by mcgufcm

Wow, Chubb. There is an exactly zero percent chance I could've guessed he was having the year he's having. Definitely having a great year. Good for him. Kid fought through a bunch of injuries and earned it. Other than being a douchebag (because UGA), he seems like an easy kid to cheer for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Also, again, we don't know what his decision is 

We do know that Auburn has all 9 CBs and is said by our trusted recruiting insiders (Wolk and Neebuhr) tbat we are in the lead. 

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Well, again, I've seen nothing where he or someone in his family said that was the reason for the time change.

I’m not going to ask you to connect the dots. Bama and Georgia both have already said they are offering if they miss on Sanders. Which makes moving up the announcement peculiar. Let that info alone if you want or not. It’s cool. 

9 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

@McLoofus, Gurley, Henry... who is the other marquee player?

Fournette. Obviously not having a marquee year but he's still only a year and a half removed from being taken 4th overall. And he's only got 115 carries this year due to injury. And, of course, it was a bama back who filled in while he was out...

...and, of course, both of uga's first rounders from last year are in the top 20 in NFL rushing... and both are ahead of the top Auburn guy... who was a UFA...

Edited by McLoofus

From what I've read, UGA has already offered and has said they would take him regardless of Sanders' decision. Most folks think McIntosh (a February signee) would decommit at that point, but I haven't seen anything that says UGA's offer to Williams is contingent on anything else.

I'm interested in what happens with Fournette. He had the same number of carries as Kerryon this year. He had more carries than Yeldon. He finished below both of them in rush yards. His 3.4 ypc average trails a less-than-explosive Peyton Barber. This has been a bad year for him even when he was healthy enough to play. String a few of those together, and you're an also-ran rather quickly. Still, he has a high ceiling. I hope he recovers and bounces back.

It'll also be interesting to see which of these impressive rookies can keep it up. Remember Tre Mason put up a year similar to the one Michel and Chubb have posted (Mason has 900+ yards rushing/receiving in 12 games as a rookie). But NFL RBs generally are not built to last. Longevity is what makes Adrian Peterson such a freak.

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fournette. Obviously not having a marquee year but he's still only a year and a half removed from being taken 4th overall. And he's only got 115 carries this year due to injury. And, of course, it was a bama back who filled in while he was out...

...and, of course, both of uga's first rounders from last year are in the top 20 in NFL rushing... and both are ahead of the top Auburn guy... who was a UFA...

Forget the yards, Kerryon is clearly Auburn’s top guy. He’s a second tier NFL RB only behind the Gurleys and McCaffreys of the NFL. He was injured for a long stretch just like Fournette was and he plays for the Lions, not the run heavy Jags.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm interested in what happens with Fournette. He had the same number of carries as Kerryon this year. He had more carries than Yeldon. He finished below both of them in rush yards. His 3.4 ypc average trails a less-than-explosive Peyton Barber. This has been a bad year for him even when he was healthy enough to play. String a few of those together, and you're an also-ran rather quickly. Still, he has a high ceiling. I hope he recovers and bounces back.

It'll also be interesting to see which of these impressive rookies can keep it up. Remember Tre Mason put up a year similar to the one Michel and Chubb have posted (Mason has 900+ yards rushing/receiving in 12 games as a rookie). But NFL RBs generally are not built to last. Longevity is what makes Adrian Peterson such a freak.

Yeah, well aware of and not so concerned with longevity and all that. The point is that our rivals have a lot more cache than we do when it comes to NFL running backs, and it's going to stay that way if we don't start getting guys drafted more highly on a regular basis.

51 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Been reported as a possibilty by Keith FWIW. It may be speculation but it can't just be dismissed at this point either.

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bama and Georgia both have already said they are offering if they miss on Sanders.

UGA offered a couple weeks ago. I haven't seen anything like that reported by Bama reporters. All I've seen is they could offer DJ if they miss on Sanders which it looks like they will.