2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Peyton Barber having some success in the NFL makes our staff look worse. Got an NFL talent at RB and can't get the guy drafted even though he rushes for 1k yards.

46 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

they would take him regardless of Sanders' decision

Correct which could leave McIntosh out for them who is a February signee.Would be surprised if 3 quality RBs went to the same place.  UGA feels we lead for DJ but Bama offering if they miss on Sanders is a legit concern.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

UGA offered a couple weeks ago. I haven't seen anything like that reported by Bama reporters. All I've seen is they could offer DJ if they miss on Sanders which it looks like they will.

I heard they’re going after DJ if miss on Sanders. If miss on DJ, going after Deondrick Glass .

AKA Bama is prioritizing DJ over a 4* composite Deondric Glass. Makes me more  excited about Go DJ.

Edited by aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard they’re going after DJ if miss on Sanders. If miss on DJ, going after Deondrick Glass .

FWIW what I posted came from Keith. If he's says DJ is a take for UGA along with Sanders then I trust it. Bama appears to be the literal & figurative elephant in the room here.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

@McLoofus, Gurley, Henry... who is the other marquee player?

Seriously?  Sony, Ingram, Chubb, and even Kenyan Drake.  In the same time period we have CAP who doesn't play much, Corey Grant who doesn't play much, KJ who is having a decent year, and Mason who had 1 decent year.  Our ability to put RB's in the NFL and excel ended 14 years ago with Caddy and Ronnie.  Outside of Auburn nobody nationally knows who Ben Tate and Peyton Barber are.   When it comes to the NFL our numbers are horrid compared to our rivals at the RB position.  LSU is much better than us.

Here is what kids see

Since the 2005 Draft
Bama- 10 RB's drafted.  Out of those 2-1st, 3- 2nd
UGA- 6 Drafted.  3-1st and 1-2nd
LSU- Since 2010 8 RB's drafted  

Auburn- 5 drafted  3-2nd ( Ben Tate, Kenny Irons, KJ )

That is 5 RB's drafted from Auburn in 15 years and due to injury or bad luck KJ is the only one any kid would know about.

Edited by NorthGATiger
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW what I posted came from Keith. If he's says DJ is a take for UGA along with Sanders then I trust it. Bama appears to be the literal & figurative elephant in the room here.

I think Sanders goes to Uga. Just a guess since I don’t follow their recruiting. That is actually not a good thing IMO since the turds will then offer DJ. I think they are a bigger threat. 

I wish he would look at our depth at RB. He could be the MAN. 

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think Sanders goes to Uga. Just a guess since I don’t follow their recruiting. That is actually not a good thing IMO since the turds will then offer DJ. I think they are a bigger threat. 

I agree if they offer but the best of their reporters is saying it's not a definite Bama will.

@NorthGATiger, yes, really. I don't think anyone on Earth thinks of Kenyon Drake as a marquee player. Chubb and Michel are having nice years. Kerryon was unquestionably outpacing both of them, but those are all starting caliber players. It's not a point worth debating, but personally, I wouldn't think of any of them as marquee players either. Fournette has had a bigger year and is a bigger name. He fits the bill but needs to bounce back quickly or folks will forget him. Gurley and Henry (based on a Heisman, draft position, and recent explosion) fit the bill.

The question was not "who has quality RBs in the league?"; the question was marquee players. I think that's a pretty short list for RBs. Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Adrian Peterson, probably Barkley and McCaffrey. I wouldn't include Mixon and he's fourth in the league rushing, but he's a middle round draft pick with one big year. That's not a marquee player.

In any event, I don't agree with your breakdown because you're trying to have cake and eat it too. If we're talking about who kids know, kids know Peyton Barber and Kerryon Johnson. Kids know NFL starters. Period. Kids don't know who the hell Quinn Johnson and Charles Scott are (two of the ten you're listing to demonstrate how great LSU is). Heck, I don't think kids know who Alfred Blue is, and he's still in the NFL. There is no question that LSU and Bama and UGA have put more successful RBs in the NFL recently, but I don't think that's playing into DJ Williams' decision.

I think we land him, and I don't think we're running second to anyone here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I agree if they offer but the best of their reporters is saying it's not a definite Bama will.

Yes it is. I tried to message you some intel from my bros credentials to rivals. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes it is. I tried to message you some intel from my bros credentials to rivals.  

Fixed  & Tim Watts is the best of the Bama reporters. He works for 247, not Rivals FWIW. The only one I know from Rivals is Bone & he's awful.

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fixed  & Tim Watts is the best of the Bama reporters. He works for 247, not Rivals FWIW. The only one I know from Rivals is Bone & he's awful.

Take it or leave it. You can block me on messenger again.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Take it or leave it. You can block me on messenger again.

That was old setting. I thought I took you off the list when you came back to the site being a lot less combative than you had been. You've been a lot easier to communicate with since you've been back.

Edited by ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

Dude chill! That was old setting. I thought I took you off the list when you came back to the site being a lot less combative than you had been. You've been a lot easier to communicate with since you've been back.

It’s good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Tiger what do you know about this dude? He seems to be in a lot more demand than Noah Cain who is the glitzier prospect from a star ranking perspective. I realized finally I need to care about crutin again because I want us to recruit as good as we can this year so the new coach this time next year has a lot of talent to work with! lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I realized finally I need to care about crutin again because I want us to recruit as good as we can this year so the new coach this time next year has a lot of talent to work with! lol.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Tiger what do you know about this dude? He seems to be in a lot more demand than Noah Cain who is the glitzier prospect from a star ranking perspective. I realized finally I need to care about crutin again because I want us to recruit as good as we can this year so the new coach this time next year has a lot of talent to work with! lol.

I don't know much about him but an old friend of mine lives in Boone, NC (where App State is) and the vibe out there is that they're hoping like hell to keep this dude in the fold.  They're not feeling too confident with the coaching change they just went through but I mean not that they should be considering how he's blown up. Let's see what happens in a few hours.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

guy named spivey from south florida on radio this AM said he expects sanders to uga and dj williams to bammer.  idk personally, just passing along info

I would hate that for us and DJ. Only reason Bama offers is to keep him from signing with AU. He will be unhappy fast in Elephant Town. Hope it does not play out that way.

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I would hate that for us and DJ. Only reason Bama offers is to keep him from signing with AU. He will be unhappy fast in Elephant Town. Hope it does not play out that way.

Sanders to Bama so far that guy was wrong

Fun fact. Oklahoma commit Marcus major's mom is from north Alabama and a auburn fan.....well I imagine she's an Oklahoma fan now

6 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Will his announcement be streamed? 

Small town in the boonies like Sebring...I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

I heard DJ was asking someone setting up "is it Auburn Univ or Univ of Auburn?"

Just kidding, I don't know anything.   

• Haha 3