Another loss to a rival

NolaAuTiger

2 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Where do you stand with Gus? Is he the coach of the future in your opinion? Should Auburn part ways? 

He’s the coach at AU I will support him until he isn’t.  I think I’ve answered this like 100 times.  The decision makers make those choices.  I’ve voiced my opinion that I like the Gus scheme/offense.  And I’ve admitted all year it’s been failing.  Do I think it’s playcalling? Nope.  Do I think balance has been uneven?  At times but when we have tried to go to the throw game it’s actually been a worse offense.  Gus has his faults as every coach does.  It has nothing to do with who gets the blame it’s about winning and losing.  At this point in this season offensively we have not had the QB, OL, RBs, or WRs to win against good defenses.  Only player on offense that has played worth a crap has been Cox.  If that’s on Gus then it’s on Gus.  But if you can’t execute the zone read or the power and we’be probably ran it 200 or more times this year then something is wrong other then getting out coached 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

farley.gif

I'm sad that I'm more upset about Bama not scoring at the end of their game and thus costing my 4 team parlay bet to lose (I hit the other 3) than I am about our performance.  That's where AU football has put me this year.  Complacency.

Listened to the Post game press conference. 

No passion in his voice at all. He is annoyed to have to talk about just another loss and at the 1-3 more coming this year. Doesnt sound like he has a clue how to fix this. 

He actually said "They just couldnt convert on 3-3." talking about his own team. His own team was a "They."

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

He’s the coach at AU I will support him until he isn’t.  I think I’ve answered this like 100 times.  The decision makers make those choices.  I’ve voiced my opinion that I like the Gus scheme/offense.  And I’ve admitted all year it’s been failing.  Do I think it’s playcalling? Nope.  Do I think balance has been uneven?  At times but when we have tried to go to the throw game it’s actually been a worse offense.  Gus has his faults as every coach does.  It has nothing to do with who gets the blame it’s about winning and losing.  At this point in this season offensively we have not had the QB, OL, RBs, or WRs to win against good defenses.  Only player on offense that has played worth a crap has been Cox.  If that’s on Gus then it’s on Gus.  But if you can’t execute the zone read or the power and we’be probably ran it 200 or more times this year then something is wrong other then getting out coached 

Sounds to me like you are straight up blaming the kids. 

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I’ve been one that has said all year that players have to make plays and the coach will either look great or bad depending on if the plays are made.    But after watching tonight, I’m leaning more towards coaching is the issue on both sides of the ball.   Everyone seems to look at the boobie over throw as the turning point.   I disagree.   It was second down and 2 the play before and instead of running it, AU tried a pass and JS threw it away after not checking down on a crossing route to Davis and scrambled outside the pocket threw it away.   If I remember correctly, the series before ended the same way (1st down pickup of 8 yards only to try passes on 2nd and 3rd) and to top it off punt from GA’s 45 yard line.   It ended up being Georgia’s last two touchdowns before the half. That was the worst play calling I think I have scene all year.     

Secondly,   take JS out of the game when it is apparent that he is out of sync.   It’s hard to judge anyone by facial expressions but it sure does look like he doesn’t give two shi$$ about winning or losing to me.   I say give CS some reps and see if the old man can play.   Unless Tua doesn’t play and Hurts, there is zero chance Auburn wins against Bama.   Zero!!

6 hours ago, tigerrules said:

Tubs started this crazy sleigh ride.  All we had to do was just make adjustments, but nooooo he had to throw the entire system out. Proven success=qb that can throw, some mobility, sec caliber running backs, WRs, balances offense, and a big ass OL.  

That's not entirely accurate. Franklin and Tubs have both admitted the biggest error was not letting TF bring in at least his offensive line coach of choice and Hugh Nall and TF were never on the same page. That was a tactical error by Tubs - thinking his guys would just accept TF's spread. 

Auburn's problems aren't coaching staff cohesion. They are squarely in talent development and deployment. Auburn gets good and great players and squanders them in the name of "scheme first, scheme always" coaching. Gus will need to adjust and evolve in the coming years if we are to hope for success. 

It seems to me it's a matter of player development, which is on the coaches and the players not able to make plays.

I just read where Dinson said they didn't do anything special we just didn't make the plays. 

So now alot of people  give we're probably going to finish 7-5. Bur who says a win over Liberty is a given?  Right now it seems to be a matter of grin and bear it. I'm not sure about the grinning part.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

It seems to me it's a matter of player development, which is on the coaches and the players not able to make plays.

I just read where Dinson said they didn't do anything special we just didn't make the plays. 

So now alot of people  givethink we're probably going to finish 7-5. Bur who says a win over Liberty is a given?  Right now it seems to be a matter of grin and bear it. I'm not sure about the grinning part.

We aren’t losing to liberty 

Just have to ride out this season. Hope for a favorable matchup in the bowl game and that some guys who are banged up come back healthier. 8-5 is very doable and while not what we wanted, it's better than it could have been.

55 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Can I get that in writing?

Yes.  Y’all’s sexual fantasies of Liberty beating Auburn has lasted all year and ends this week.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes.  Y’all’s sexual fantasies of Liberty beating Auburn has lasted all year and ends this week.

I chortled at this. 😆

22 minutes ago, around4ever said:

While it would be highly unlikely, I would not put anything past this staff and team. 

22 minutes ago, around4ever said:

they gave a good account of themselves yesterday against virginia....we are like the virginia of the SEC now, so losing to them is not impossible as long as mr. wizard is coaching AU.....basketball team is damn good,though

I agree that’s its players not making plays but continued losing is on the coaches . If players have a don’t care attitude then that’s on the coaches. If a player continues to make the same mistakes and you continue to play him that is on the coaches. If players accept defeat then that’s on the coaches. If a player can’t get better that is on the coaches, thy either are not proficient or they are recruiting the wrong guys. If you have your 5 or 6 best folks go down to injury then it’s understandable that you might not beat everybody on your schedule but you should still be hustling. Some folks can take up for Gus but the problem is his leadership has failed not only AU but also the players and fans as well. Hopefully when we hire the next coach we will understand we can’t just hire the next gimmick like Gus, Kiffen, Petrine or even Freeze. We need a coach that believes in running the ship right like a Saben, Stoops or a Dye. One that understands you may have to give some up on the front end but it is essential you build it from the bottom up with Discipline and hard work ethics. One that will improve each year and never settle on past performance. One that not only expects success but Denands it.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

It would be a shock if we do...

i am exoecting to see 50 runs by Boobie and absolutely no development of any other players while simultaneously running our main RB into the ground.

I would hope to see Willis in the game running Read options and also throwing the ball some to help develop him along with some others running backs.  If not for the rest of this year, then at least for next year.... but that hope is a small flicker of a flame. 

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm sad that I'm more upset about Bama not scoring at the end of their game and thus costing my 4 team parlay bet to lose (I hit the other 3) than I am about our performance.  That's where AU football has put me this year.  Complacency.

You must have gotten a bad number. I got BAMA at 21.

2 hours ago, The Six said:

Just have to ride out this season. Hope for a favorable matchup in the bowl game and that some guys who are banged up come back healthier. 8-5 is very doable and while not what we wanted, it's better than it could have been.

Gus and Leath approve of this message. WAR EAGLE!!

27 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Last year we were worried about Gus going to Arkansas and Stidham going pro. 

I wasn't; on either account.

You know... it’s not the losing to our rivals that bothers me the most. UGa and Bama and LSU are traditional power house teams and always a tough out... however, the way we keep losing (or barely winning) is what bothers me the most. It seems undisciplined, ugly and in the wins just plain lucky... with a few rare exceptions. 

My faith has been whittled down to the point I don’t look forward to the games anymore...

Archived