Another loss to a rival

NolaAuTiger

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Will you ever put any blame on Gus and not “everybody else”?

You can apply this to coach, @AU64 and @Mikey.

george.gif

ld.gif

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Will you ever put any blame on Gus and not “everybody else”?

Mind boggling!!! You’d think Gus was just a volunteer peewee coach. The man probably makes more for 1 game than I’ve seen in my lifetime

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said so...........I will just post a random BBQ rib recipe:

Ingredients Needed

• 6 lbs baby back pork ribs (2 racks minimum)

Mop Sauce

• 3 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup apple cider
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp hot sauce (I use Tabasco)

Dry Rub

• 2 tbsp kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp black pepper
  • 2 tbsp smoked paprika
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp ground celery salt
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes

Instructions

• To make the rub: mix the salt, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powders, dry mustard, celery salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and mix with a small whisk or your gloved fingers to break up any lumps.
  • Remove the thin, papery membrane from the back of each rack by inserting a knife under it. The best place to start is on one of the middle bones. Using a paper towel, or pliers to secure a grip and peel off and discard the membrane.
  • Wear latex gloves (optional) and sprinkle dry rub over both sides of the ribs, rubbing it onto the meat. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for 2 hours minimum or best overnight.
  • For the mop sauce melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the cider, soy sauce and hot sauce. Keep warm until ready to use.

For the Grill:

• For Low and Slow: Preheat gas grill or smoker to 225°F. Add smoker chips per manufacturer's instructions if using. Set up the grill for indirect grilling (See Note 1).

Place the ribs, bone side down, in the center of the grate, cover the grill and cook the ribs for 30 minutes.

Brush both sides with mop sauce. Re-cover the grill and continue cooking the ribs for about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours brushing with mop sauce every 15 minutes. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and grill the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the grill and let the ribs rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.
  • If short on time: Preheat gas grill or smoker to 325°F. Add smoker chips per manufacturer's instructions if using.

Place the ribs, bone side down, in the center of the grate, cover the grill and cook the ribs for 45 minutes.

Brush both sides with mop sauce. Re-cover the grill and continue cooking the ribs 45 minutes to 1 hour longer until well browned and tender (feel free to mop every 15 minutes). At this point they should be tender enough to pull apart with your fingers after 1 1/2 hours total cook time. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and grill the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the grill and let the ribs rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.

For the Smoker:

• Set up and light the smoker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and preheat it to low (225°F). 

Place the ribs in the smoker bone side down and smoke until cooked through, 4 to 5 hours. Brush the ribs with the mop sauce after an hour, then mop the ribs again once every hour until cooked tender. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and smoke the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the smoker and let the ribs rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.

For the Oven:

• Preheat oven to 325°F.

Place the ribs, bone side down, on top of a wire rack set in an aluminum foil lined baking tray. Cook the ribs for 45 minutes.

Brush with mop sauce, turn and brush again. Continue cooking the ribs 45 minutes to 1 hour until well browned and tender (feel free to mop every 15 minutes).

Turn and mop again. Continue cooking, bone side down, another 30 minutes. 1 1/2 to 2 hours total cook time. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and cook the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the oven and let the ribs rest for a 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.

Notes

1. Grill using indirect heat: For gas grill do the 2 Zone set up which is either half the grill is lit to achieve desired temperature and the meat is placed on opposite side, or have sides lit leaving the center NOT on or lowest temperature. To grill using indirect heat on a charcoal BBQ or smoker, ignite charcoal and place it to one side of the grill, creating a space for the food or the center with meat you’re cooking not directly over those lit coals. Typically use a drip pan under the meat to avoid any flareups.

Nutritional Facts:
Amount Per Serving
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 459

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51g 78%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Cholesterol 294mg 98%
Sodium 1292mg 54%
Potassium 1354mg 39%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 8g
Protein 74g 148%

Vitamin A 29.3%
Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 11.1%
Iron 24.3%

12 minutes ago, Shift said:

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said so...........I will just post a random BBQ rib recipe:

Ingredients Needed

• 6 lbs baby back pork ribs (2 racks minimum)

Mop Sauce

• 3 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup apple cider
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp hot sauce (I use Tabasco)

Dry Rub

• 2 tbsp kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp black pepper
  • 2 tbsp smoked paprika
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp ground celery salt
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes

Instructions

• To make the rub: mix the salt, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powders, dry mustard, celery salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and mix with a small whisk or your gloved fingers to break up any lumps.
  • Remove the thin, papery membrane from the back of each rack by inserting a knife under it. The best place to start is on one of the middle bones. Using a paper towel, or pliers to secure a grip and peel off and discard the membrane.
  • Wear latex gloves (optional) and sprinkle dry rub over both sides of the ribs, rubbing it onto the meat. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for 2 hours minimum or best overnight.
  • For the mop sauce melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the cider, soy sauce and hot sauce. Keep warm until ready to use.

For the Grill:

• For Low and Slow: Preheat gas grill or smoker to 225°F. Add smoker chips per manufacturer's instructions if using. Set up the grill for indirect grilling (See Note 1).

Place the ribs, bone side down, in the center of the grate, cover the grill and cook the ribs for 30 minutes.

Brush both sides with mop sauce. Re-cover the grill and continue cooking the ribs for about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours brushing with mop sauce every 15 minutes. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

• If short on time: Preheat gas grill or smoker to 325°F. Add smoker chips per manufacturer's instructions if using.

Place the ribs, bone side down, in the center of the grate, cover the grill and cook the ribs for 45 minutes.

Brush both sides with mop sauce. Re-cover the grill and continue cooking the ribs 45 minutes to 1 hour longer until well browned and tender (feel free to mop every 15 minutes). At this point they should be tender enough to pull apart with your fingers after 1 1/2 hours total cook time. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

For the Smoker:

• Set up and light the smoker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and preheat it to low (225°F). 

Place the ribs in the smoker bone side down and smoke until cooked through, 4 to 5 hours. Brush the ribs with the mop sauce after an hour, then mop the ribs again once every hour until cooked tender. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and smoke the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the smoker and let the ribs rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.

For the Oven:

• Preheat oven to 325°F.

Place the ribs, bone side down, on top of a wire rack set in an aluminum foil lined baking tray. Cook the ribs for 45 minutes.

Brush with mop sauce, turn and brush again. Continue cooking the ribs 45 minutes to 1 hour until well browned and tender (feel free to mop every 15 minutes).

Turn and mop again. Continue cooking, bone side down, another 30 minutes. 1 1/2 to 2 hours total cook time. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.

In last 30 minutes brush with your favorite BBQ sauce several times, or not, and cook the ribs until the BBQ sauce is browned and bubbling, a couple minutes per side.

Remove from the oven and let the ribs rest for a 5-10 minutes, then cut the ribs.

Notes

1. Grill using indirect heat: For gas grill do the 2 Zone set up which is either half the grill is lit to achieve desired temperature and the meat is placed on opposite side, or have sides lit leaving the center NOT on or lowest temperature. To grill using indirect heat on a charcoal BBQ or smoker, ignite charcoal and place it to one side of the grill, creating a space for the food or the center with meat you’re cooking not directly over those lit coals. Typically use a drip pan under the meat to avoid any flareups.

Nutritional Facts:
Amount Per Serving
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 459

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51g 78%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Cholesterol 294mg 98%
Sodium 1292mg 54%
Potassium 1354mg 39%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 8g
Protein 74g 148%

Vitamin A 29.3%
Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 11.1%
Iron 24.3%

Could get more out of that recipe than we've gotten for CGM's salary.

(This is TWIS material.)

39 minutes ago, corchjay said:

His linebackers couldn’t have had a worse game then they had tonight.  Why save T-Will?

I agree my hero is Deshuan and he looked like a 2 star tonight. I don’t know If Adkinson was anywhere near where he was supposed to be in any play tonight. I though DW played ok not great.

40 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I know I'm probably asking something that can easily be found on Google but I'm headed to grab drinks with an ex (figured I'd be specific to show how much I'm enjoying pain tonight between watching that ****show and now this 🤣😞 What does the buyout drop to on December 2?  Or January or whenever it drops?

It drops to 32. If we keep him then in 2020 it drops to 27 but then we will have paid him another 7 by then so if we fire him now it is 32 if we wait it will actually be 34. And if we wait another it will actually be 36 million. The longer we put up with this Sh’t show the more we will have paid overall. Does everybody understand that ?

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

It drops to 32. If we keep him then in 2020 it drops to 27 but then we will have paid him another 7 by then so if we fire him now it is 32 if we wait it will actually be 34. And if we wait another it will actually be 36 million. The longer we put up with this Sh’t show the more we will have paid overall. Does everybody understand that ?

tv_simpsons_homer1-1a.jpg

^ I would take this guy over Leath.

26 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Mind boggling!!! You’d think Gus was just a volunteer peewee coach. The man probably makes more for 1 game than I’ve seen in my lifetime

He makes about $19000 per day.....let that sink in.

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

Live look into Gus’s recruiting command room 

200w.gif

Stole this from twitter: Gus is 24-24 vs. Power 5 teams since the kick 6 happened. We have been turned in to South Carolina everyone..............

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Why call out people that disagree with you or then mob.  Doesn’t make either of us right.

It helps with the grieving. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stole this from twitter: Gus is 24-24 vs. Power 5 teams since the kick 6 happened. We have been turned in to South Carolina everyone..............

At least Spurrier was fun to watch. 200w.gif

My only think for the most part the fans got what they wanted.  We went 4 wide almost entirely and put the game in Stidhams hands and he again yet to delivered.  The run game was actually average tonight and thought we should have tried to be a little more balanced.  Our nickel and linebackers played horribly.  Nickels in coverage and linebacks in gap assignment.  Biggest play in the game was the over throw of Boobie on the flare pass.  Easy first down with 3-4 minutes to go in the half.  

As ive stated over and over responsibility always falls on the head coach.  But at the end of day the players have to execute.  You want drag routes we ran multiple.  Our QB is so slow reading coverage that the drag will be completely on the other side of the field and never checks down.  

Is something being done in practice that doesn’t prepare our team for execution?  I can’t answer that but it’s never been a season long issue like this year.  Maybe a game here or there and every team has those games especially against good defenses but something is definitely broken offensively with this team.  Maybe confidence, maybe scheme, maybe leadership.  Everything is a clusterfrick so I can pinpoint it.

im not attacking the kid but as soon as Stidham is not our QB I think the offense can move forward.  Just isn’t a leader, isn’t tough, isn’t worth a crap under any kind of pressure... but has a million dollar arm.  Kind of like a pitcher that can throw 98 but he walks  every other batter.  

Im sorry but just want get into the fire Gus discussion.  Whatever the decision makers do I’m fine with but the constant blaming of the coach is crazy at some point players have to play.

* sorry not editing typos.,. I’m exhausted had a house full of kids all day

Archived