Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Its all about the national championships. Only a few cats have them and Jimbo is one of them.

And Stoops. And Stoops never did what Jimbo did at FSU and kill the program. If we want Stoops, we gotta pay up.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So you think the media has no agenda?  I'm not talking CNN Fox News media.   I'm talking the Auburn beat writers...  You realize that subscriptions and page views is how they make their money right?  The time is/was ripe for a good "story"... ever Auburn fan that pays attention is wondering what is gonna happen the Monday after the Iron Bowl.  We even had a thread on here today Gus was meeting with Greene today.  

I was author of that thread. I got slammed for it by one poster lol.

I know it’s hard for folks to grasp but Times has changed. There is very big money available in D1 SEC football. As I said uat is raking in money since NS took over. When ATM raised Jimbos pay  uat just raised Nick’s and extended his contract no problem. They are paying more than anyone. They know how well their investment paid off. Paying gus’s Buyout and paying 80 million towards a new one is no big deal. Not even 1 years football revenue.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jeez who would even feel sorry or compassion for Gus?! He was given so much talent and money for staff support and he failed miserably, due to being stubborn and will get rewarded with more money than 95% of this country could ever dream of having. If anything, it makes me feel more anger and resentment towards him.

Hard to feel compa$$ion for Gus. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

you been here 2 days and think you know what I'll say next year.  You're awesome.  

It.Was.Tongue.In.Cheek.

Who.Pissed.In.Your.Corn.Flakes? 

I.Am.Spelling.It.Out.For.You.

Also.Pretend. All. Of.This.Was.Written. In.Crayon.

B-e-t-t-e-r? 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

He used to be a sports reporter.  I imagine he still knows a lot of folks in that realm and still has some sources.

What I'm saying is, there's really no reason for this to have new information every 30-60 minutes.  To expect such or see the lack of it as some indicator that it's not a real thing is silliness.

Except that's not what has happened.

I can see him still having contacts, but not as strong as all day every day sports guys.

I don’t expect updates every hour, and like you said there is certainly smoke. We just don’t know where the fire is, who built it, or why. 

They are starting to crawfish in different ways... “oh, we’re gonna nullify the contract” or “dang contacts.... carry no weight” etc. the sling it all, and hope it sticks is on. As is the “well.... I was right but...”

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Jay Tate's site makes money on subscriptions - something that quickly dries up if you peddle BS stories to temporarily goose you click rate.  Reporters for regular newspapers are salaried.  Sure it might make their boss a bit happier, but they ain't making more money because a few hundred more people clicked some Twitter feeds tonight.

Or maybe it's because things are actually going on behind the scenes - a power struggle by various factions for what will happen with Gus.  Not sure why you find that so hard to believe.

You don't understand media.

I'm not saying their isn't some struggle behind the scenes.  There probably is and there always is at AU.  Harbert has the most money but Yella Fella has the most clout...  which side wins I have no clue and really don't care.  Wish they would all get their act together.

But I am saying this story about Stoops seems very bogus and the media would do anything to make money.  

And since you took a shot at my stance as some sort of defense of Gus and it isn't at all... I'll take a little guess on you... You watch CNN don't you?  

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

What about Aranda?

People may laugh me off the board for this but if Pat Dye signs off on him like he did with Kirby when we took Gus in 2013 then I'll take him.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jeez who would even feel sorry or compassion for Gus?! He was given so much talent and money for staff support and he failed miserably, due to being stubborn and will get rewarded with more money than 95% of this country could ever dream of having. If anything, it makes me feel more anger and resentment towards him.

More like 99% but whatever..

Seriously...who here really really truly believes Bob Stoops will be the next coach at Auburn....serious question.

He does have credibility, has won, ..basically he checks all the boxes, so it would be a great press conference hire, but who thinks this is legit even with Stoops denying it?

44 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Sleep is overrated.  Trust me I've been going on 3-4 hours a night for most nights for about 10 years now.  Not sure why I just wake up and can't go back to sleep.  

Probably all them brains...😂

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

I can see him still having contacts, but not as strong as all day every day sports guys.

I don’t expect updates every hour, and like you said there is certainly smoke. We just don’t know where the fire is, who built it, or why. 

They are starting to crawfish in different ways... “oh, we’re gonna nullify the contract” or “dang contacts.... carry no weight” etc. the sling it all, and hope it sticks is on. As is the “well.... I was right but...”

Why is it that you and I are the only one that understands this?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That is the part about non-contract-related compassion. Reading between the lines, herein lies my compassion... he could not get out of his way to make it work. I teach for a living. Whenever one of my students just doesn't get it after multiple chances and tries, it doesn't take my compassion away, even as the logical consequences come to pass. Capische? 

Just now, kwagoner said:

It just depends on whose source happens to be in the know for a particular bit of info.  You're probably right over the course of a normal span of time.  But here and there, he can happen to be the one in the know sooner that the regular guys.

Just now, kwagoner said:

Right.  So we're in agreement then - the fact that there aren't constant updates through the night doesn't tell us anything one way or the other.

Just now, kwagoner said:

No they aren't.  That's a mischaracterization of what has been said.

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

It.Was.Tongue.In.Cheek.

Who.Pissed.In.Your.Corn.Flakes? 

I.Am.Spelling.It.Out.For.You.

Also.Pretend. All. Of.This.Was.Written. In.Crayon.

B-e-t-t-e-r? 

not a good way to introduce yourself but carry on.

Auburn has head start on recruiting , good strong move to negative recruit stability(on top of this season) of coaches who players committed too. Yes players commit to coaches that's what makes good recruiter building relationship with the recruits.

On top of this, you have Ad who said Gus will be Coach Next year and President who backed it. You know how undermining the leadership of Auburn would be? It would almost be more embarrassing to fire Gus for anybody after the statements they have made. If I misread quotes or could't comprehend there statement please correct me. I know the Boosters have a lot to do with decisions but they would be destroying our new AD, who I do happen to like so far.

Trust me, I would llllloooovee this hire and when first brought up in thread of coaches you would want a month or so back, he was my first pick in la la land.

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Hard to feel compa$$ion for Gus. 

Yes. "Pseudo", "somewhat", and "non-contract-related" were three adjectives I used to temper the compassion...don't miss them! Same for AUCivil...

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

That is the part about non-contract-related compassion. Reading between the lines, herein lies my compassion... he could not get out of his way to make it work. I teach for a living. Whenever one of my students just doesn't get it after multiple chances and tries, it doesn't take my compassion away, even as the logical consequences come to pass. Capische? 

I got a question for you Tora... If you were in the week for mid terms/finals and another school system came you wanting to discuss a job opportunity that would triple your pay would you listen?

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

And Stoops. And Stoops never did what Jimbo did at FSU and kill the program. If we want Stoops, we gotta pay up.

Yes. A lot. And with that comes great expectations, how patient will the Auburn family be???

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes it is.  The fact that a guy is retired or not currently employed doesn't change anything about how it goes it terms of who talks to whom.  Your people talk to his people, you don't talk to him.  Then when he's asked, whether he's interested or not, he says "I haven't talked to them" and he's not lying.  The only part that's different is that you don't have to deal with the courtesy of asking his AD permission to speak with him.  Simple.  

yeap. The bundlers can talk to any-dang retired person they please. The only person even capable of telling the truth in these circumstances is (sadly) a leak or a reporter. 

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

not a good way to introduce yourself but carry on.

I’ve been nice to everyone so far. He was the one who wanted to get all offended because I made a joke about his stance on Gus? I wasn’t trying to piss the guy off.

Archived