Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, Leath pulled a very idiotic and reactionary move. "But he beat Bama and Georgia". I think Leath is on trial as much as anyone here.

Love Greene as our Athletic Director but he seems hesitant to step into this battle. Seems to be observing from the sidelines. Do you side with the big money guys or your boss?

You wait until there i a clear winner and then jump aboard with the power, they are not going anywhere, if this is where you wanna be.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jbush2404 said:

I'm just going to put this link here and you can do with it what you will:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N704JM

well that's it then. What is there to argue about now? 

I too feel like the boosters (or whoever leaked this to Moon) have royally screwed us here. Leaking this info to the press is a bad move. It does not help ANYONE. It makes AU look bad, it hurts the process of hiring Stoops if it was ever a possibility (which is doubtful), it hurts recruiting, and it puts the AD in a bad spot. 

Just garbage. 

11 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

What do you make about Gus's agency informing him that it would be best that he start looking.    That isnt rumor

Could be in response to the Stoops rumor.  Could be a logical response to what they see on this board.  For all I know, some of the new folks here work for his agency and have been getting a feel for the sentiment.   (Not saying it's true, but having worked with PR/marketing people, it's certainly in the realm of possibility.)  Could be they took a poll at Guthries one Saturday and found Gus is below 50%.  Dunno.  

Do you know?  No.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

First of all stop acting like a child. I was being cordial with you for a bit. I agree that he was aware but the idea that he would object to something of some sort is ridiculous, he doesn’t even have the job. What do you expect him to do ? Veto it? 

OK, at least I got that out of you. Simply trying to have an intelligent, commonsense conversation. He wouldn’t have the power to veto it even if he wanted to. But my point again is: he didn’t want veto to it, because he agreed to it. As anyone else would have in the same situation.

He has a chance to shine and come out of this one looking good! Let’s hope for the sake of Auburn he does! So far, at least as far as public statements go, there has been crickets from the entire school administration. I really think a statement needs to be made.

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It just broke yesterday late afternoon.  Marcello and Tate have both said they'd heard this floating about amongst their sources over the last couple of weeks but weren't sure how much stock to put in it.  Moon even alludes to the fact that Jay Tate had previously mentioned it on AuburnSports.com.  Tate said this yesterday about it:

I said at some point during the recent past that Bob Stoops' name has been bandied about. I'm not sure what to believe on that end. I had one trusted SEC assistant tell me this afternoon that Stoops hasn't spoken with Auburn and wouldn't come here, though I'd put money on Auburn having spoken with Stoops during the past two weeks. It's that time of year, folks.

So, I think it's reasonable to say that as much corroboration as could be expected of something happening on the downlow is out there for now, even if the guy to break it in more detail - a long time sports columnist in this state who now has a lot of sources in Alabama politics (which happens to often overlap with University of Alabama and Auburn University politics) was the one with the source this time.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Again, again, again I never said Greene was responsible for or Greene was the one that made the extension. I simply said, and stand by what I said because it’s 100% true! That is Greene was briefed and aware of the contract and did not object. Do you get it now?

The contract was getting signed no matter who the new AD is/was. No one was coming in and stopping the BOT and president from signing that. No one. Stupid argument against Greene once again. There will be plenty of to judge him on (coaching hires, fundraising, facilities, etc.) in the future.  Leath tried to get rid of Bruce Pearl, and Greene disagreed and won, and for that he should be commended because Pearl has been amazing.

8 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty sure Tennessee kicked the crap out of us a few of weeks ago...we're beyond that.

Think the meaning is that Tennessee has wandered in the wilderness for a decade, something no Auburn fan born after 1981 has endured.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nowhere even close. Lol. The two schools, locations and situations are totally different. 

Yes, the locations are totally different.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Think the meaning is that Tennessee has wandered in the wilderness for a decade, something no Auburn fan born after 1981 has endured.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. And they are in the situation they are in because of desperate coaching hires and rumors of Gruden killing their vibe. 

12 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Spoken just like someone who has not kept up and has no idea how things really operate.

Sorry man, just because we want Gus gone doesn't mean its going to happen. If this was happening it would have happened yesterday. News of it would have leaked and then within a couple hours it would have been official. Since that has not happened i think what we have here is just disgruntled big name boosters venting to the press. That article about plan A, B, and C sounds like the ramblings of 2 drunk AU fans at a tailgate. Just my opinion of course and i could be wrong. I claim no sources. Just a limited understanding of how the world works. 

7 minutes ago, jbush2404 said:

I'm just going to put this link here and you can do with it what you will:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N704JM

Perhaps this is the very beginning.  Maybe everything up til now was just nonsense cooked up by some booster to start this very ball rolling.  Or maybe all this talk of Auburn has given Bob an appetite and he's hired AU's plane to deliver some Chuck's Bar B Que....

Stepping back and looking at this from a different angle. I wonder if this booster (who must be a big time money donor to be in the loop) leaked this  story so that the university would have no choice except to fire Gus. After all of the smoke from this I don't see a way to go back, that may be the reason it got leaked. Either that or Scott Moore changed his name to Josh Moon (some of you will get that).

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Could the flight to Norman thing be Gus reaching out to Kliff Kingsbury and meeting in a neutral location? 

Gus is not reaching out to any OC's. You can take that one to the bank. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is not reaching out to any OC's. You can take that one to the bank. 

not sure any talented ones are reaching out to him either

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I too feel like the boosters (or whoever leaked this to Moon) have royally screwed us here. Leaking this info to the press is a bad move. It does not help ANYONE. It makes AU look bad, it hurts the process of hiring Stoops if it was ever a possibility (which is doubtful), it hurts recruiting, and it puts the AD in a bad spot. 

Just garbage. 

Gus leaked it.

5 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

My point is as dysfunctional as the Auburn athletic landscape has been since maybe the late 70's, we aren't above calling out anybody.  Not even Ole Miss.

Archived