Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

42 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It seems to me the guy with the biggest checkbook wants Gus to stay. I mean how damn hard is it to fire someone, especially if everyone says the money is not an issue. Fire him and move on or stop with all this foolishness. 

YES YES YES!

If money is no problem then cut bait and go catch the Big Fish (Stoops) and pay him Fisher type guaranteed money.

Instead, the freaking President jets his ass off to DC while money bags Harbert is left at the table trying desperately to cut Gus' ballz off in an effort to neuter him so badly that he'll forego the massive buyout that Harbert backed only 12 months ago.  

No wonder Bob Stoops said this whole damn thing is ridiculous, untruthful, and totally based on speculation with no basis.  :lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If one of the most important responsibilities of your job is to find people and get rid of them and the first time you need to get rid of someone, the CEO of the company (who has no business doing anything outside of strategizing business  goals)goes over your head to keep that person, then you have a very toxic company wide problem. 

Exactly.  The problem lies at the top (Leathe).  Green is not the problem.

Really not sure why Gus would take it... Incredibly odd. It's in each other's best interests to move on and Gus would get paid more. So Auburn. We're still in purgatory. LSU purgatory.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not on highering middle Management on a corporate level. Not at all. I work for a massive corporation. Our CEO likely doesn't know who I am or my boss and has no knowledge that I was even hired. Leath is a CEO of a massive business operation. It's not his job to handle coaching contracts. It's his job to strategize for the University and delegate responsibilities responsibly.

I too work for a massive corporation.  One of the largest in the world actually.  The CEO certainly has no idea who I am.  But the executives above my hiring manager do and they would sign off on my hiring/firing.  It's all about levels.  Green is a direct report to Leath and the football coach is a major role under Green, so yes, Leath would sign off on that hire despite being the CEO in this situation.

Can this thread be merged with the new one that broke the PM article? 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Exactly.  The problem lies at the top (Leathe).  Green is not the problem.

Greene should be doing everything in his power to preserve his responsibilities. Even if that means injecting himself into the situation. And he shouldn't be afraid of being let go if he's not willing to bend over the first time Leath tells him to. That's what difference between a good leader and a putz.

48 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Not saying I agree or think it’s true, but this is what BM said. 

7B12B9FC-59BC-4D10-831C-889B5EE1FAA3.png

If he truly believe this then what was the point of seeking more money AND a huge buyout with guarantees? Lol . Security yes but no he is renogotiating against himself with his arms tied behind is back. This makes very little sense.

And while we are at it someone start a FIRE LEATH thread. If I start one it will get locked. 

I too work for a massive corporation.  One of the largest in the world actually.  The CEO certainly has no idea who I am.  But the executives above my hiring manager do and they would sign off on my hiring/firing.  It's all about levels.  Green is a direct report to Leath and the football coach is a major role under Green, so yes, Leath would sign off on that hire despite being the CEO in this situation.

Leath isn't just an executive level manager. Greene is. Leath is the CEO. The buck should stop with Greene. That's literally what his job is. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Greene should be doing everything in his power to preserve his responsibilities. Even if that means injecting himself into the situation. And he shouldn't be afraid of being let go if he's not willing to bend over the first time Leath tells him to. That's what difference between a good leader and a putz.

Maybe he's picking his battles?  Greene apparently went to bat for Pearl with Leath and won, which I'm sure gave him a lot of credibility with boosters.  Could be that he views this situation differently.  If Gus is fired in a year or so and Leath is gone because of his mismanagement, Greene comes out smelling like a rose with full autonomy to hire anyone he wants.  Playing the long game here is likely his smartest move.  Impulsive moves are the ones made by fools.  I don't think Greene is a fool.

Maybe he's picking his battles?  Greene apparently went to bat for Pearl with Leath and won, which I'm sure gave him a lot of credibility with boosters.  Could be that he views this situation differently.  If Gus is fired in a year or so and Leath is gone because of his mismanagement, Greene comes out smelling like a rose with full autonomy to hire anyone he wants.  Playing the long game here is likely his smartest move.  Impulsive moves are the ones made by fools.  I don't think Greene is a fool.

Come on man. This is a complete cluster by the entire school admin! We again look like a bunch of fools! 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he truly believe this then what was the point of seeking more money AND a huge buyout with guarantees? Lol . Security yes but no he is renogotiating against himself with his arms tied behind is back. This makes very little sense.

It doesn't make much sense at all. Maybe Gus has found a new job and we're renogitating since he's leaving (think Les Miles and Kansas, which reduced his LSU buyout). Or Gus is just a real nice guy.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Come on man. This is a complete cluster by the entire school admin! We again look like a bunch of fools! 

The leadership from the very top leaves a lot to be desired.  Leath is atrocious.  But Greene has shown me nothing to make me doubt him to this point.  In fact, I dare say he's much more of a calculated leader than we're used to at AU, and that's a good thing IMO.

I wouldnt play the long game here. He doesn't have time for that. Look around you. Greene is getting blame for this debacle just as much as anyone, because it's his job to insure that this kind of garbage doesn't happen. Certainly not while Alabama is only getting stronger. This needs to be fixed fast or Auburn football is about to be busted for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From BamaOnline:

"We're minutes away from a 'Leath is a REC plant' post"

Brilliant!

The leadership from the very top leaves a lot to be desired.  Leath is atrocious.  But Greene has shown me nothing to make me doubt him to this point.  In fact, I dare say he's much more of a calculated leader than we're used to at AU, and that's a good thing IMO.

So he is calculating to stay completely out of this process? To include everything going on with the assistance etc.? That is calculating?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From BamaOnline:

"We're minutes away from a 'Leath is a REC plant' post"

sounds plausible

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus's play-calling and recruiting makes very little sense and acting like his arms are tied behind his back. What Gus has done is tie Chip's arms behind his back.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He hasn't done anything yet to lose me either, but if this ridiculous excuse of a deal goes down, he's going to effectively being part of an administration that put us on probation without even being in trouble. That's worse than anything Jay Jacobs ever did.

Archived