Herbstreit

ChltteTiger

What is it with this guy thinking UGA ia all-world just because they lost by only 7 to Bama? Am I missing something? Has a conference title game loser WITH TWO LOSSES ever made the playoff?

LSU torched Georgia's rear earlier this season. Like ESPN's got their marching orders out to their pundits and announcers that the SEC deserves to have two teams in the college football playoffs.

If the SEC gets two teams in then the system needs to be blowed up. No way is Georgia deserving of a playoff berth m

Somebody on this board posted this week that UGA is starting to get the same media hype as Bammer. Something to do with the media love Athens(??) The poster might be on to something.

I think its an easy choice. Oklahoma gets the fourth slot over Ohio State. OSU has the worse loss of the two.

No and they won’t. 

Let’s see here: 

two losses, no championship, lost by 3 tds this season and who have they beaten? Florida. That is it. They beat Austin peay, middle ten, Vandy, AU, TN, KY, mizzou, ga tech, south car, and umass. Look at that schedule!!!!

THE talk needs to be ohio state over Notre Dame. Not Georgia as the 4th team.

So giving up 5 TDs to bama instead of 7 or more TDs is a good resume builder to make the playoffs? If this happens its Armageddon.

He doesn't want thUga in the playoff...

He wants tOSU in and everybody knows it so he's overcompensating to appear "impartial".

You really think he wants the mutts in over his turds from Ohio?  Naw...

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

THE talk needs to be ohio state over Notre Dame. Not Georgia as the 4th team.

I haven't watched any ND so I can't say how good they are. Most years they do play a tough schedule but no conference title 13th game hurts them. lso 2 traditional powers they beat were horrible this year, lowering their SOS.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

I haven't watched any ND so I can't say how good they are. Most years they do play a tough schedule but no conference title 13th game hurts them.

If they were not Notre Dame they would not have everyone saying they are in. They will get steamrolled by clemson. If a non blue blood was in their same position they would not get the same luxury. Here is their schedule. MEH. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/notre-dame-fighting-irish

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Seriously. They have 1 top 25 win? 

One less than Auburn.

I've been asking this all week when hearing the same speculation: Over who?

Oklahoma? Who won their conference, avenged their regular season loss, and had 3 wins against top-20 competition... including against another Heisman contender?

Or over Ohio St? Who will have 5 mins over top-20 competition, who's lone loss (albiet a bad loss) was on the road, who blew out a number 4 ranked Michigan (ranked so by the same group of voters) and, again, won their conference.

In fact... UCF beat a ranked Cincinnati, went undefeated, won their conference, have just completed back-to-back undefeated seasons (including post-season). I'd say there's really no reason Georgia should be ranked ahead of them.

Screw this beauty pageant crap.  Lose your conference and you don't go.   Lock ND out until they get off their high horse and join a conference like the rest of us humans.  

9 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Screw this beauty pageant crap.  Lose your conference and you don't go.   Lock ND out until they get off their high horse and join a conference like the rest of us humans.  

I really like ND but I agree with you 100%. 

This is hogwash. They got beat, they don't deserve the playoff... That game was the playoff and they lost.

The only good thing is that maybe if they get in, everyone revolts and we get 8 team playoff

I was watching fox CFB show Friday night and two of the talking heads were both adamant, if bama loses they were out. I know it's a mute point now but uga has no business being in the playoffs, regardless of what herbie says.

Archived