Men vs. Murray State

WarTiger

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jared52 said:

He is going to destroy the OVC. 

He's already averaging 22 and 9.6 assists playing big schools.....there's no telling what he's about to do to their poor conference lol. Who's going to guard him without 6'11" shot blockers behind them?

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wouldn’t read much into the end of the game. We had checked out mentally up 12 with 2 mins left. Not a good thing, certainly, but I have a feeling Bruce will be sure that doesn’t happen again...

Plenty to read into it. Murray State got desperate and their best players made 3 good plays. It wasn’t a 20 point game, it was only 12 and that can go fast if you hit 3s. Harper made one bad decision and Chuma made another. Just bad timing on their part. 

this bunch just can't play a smart brand of basketball, i'm afraid...doughty and harper( most of the time) have the highest basketball IQ and if it doesn't get better, we just might finish 4th,5th or 6th in the conference

I am glad to pat myself on the back about Samir.   The individual who doubted him i hope he is convinced now.

Just now, lost said:

I am glad to pat myself on the back about Samir.   The individual who doubted him i hope he is convinced now.

he didn't doubt him, but he was right right....he is not making up for heron

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Plenty to read into it. Murray State got desperate and their best players made 3 good plays. It wasn’t a 20 point game, it was only 12 and that can go fast if you hit 3s. Harper made one bad decision and Chuma made another. Just bad timing on their part. 

I’m saying I suspect we learn from that 

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

this bunch just can't play a smart brand of basketball, i'm afraid...doughty and harper( most of the time) have the highest basketball IQ and if it doesn't get better, we just might finish 4th,5th or 6th in the conference

I think you are overreacting a tad.   This type of play will keep us out of getting very far in the tournament for sure, but no doubt this is a good team and you just played maybe a  sweet 16 opponent

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wouldn’t read much into the end of the game. We had checked out mentally up 12 with 2 mins left. Not a good thing, certainly, but I have a feeling Bruce will be sure that doesn’t happen again...

You read into everything. We've had several bad lapses at the end of halves/games. Remember Xavier? We almost lost because of the end of that half. We need to work on it. Saying 3 teams in a row are getting lucky at 3's no that's us not running people off the line and making them take uncomfortable shots. The better we get the more you have to notice the small things

Gonna have to work on putting teams away for sure.  It is the mark of a quality team.  Beating the teams you are supposed to handily and putting opponents away

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Lol if you're talking about me ok you pat your back on that. I'll pat mine on the ENTIRE season so far. And I didn't say he wasn't going to be good I said I doubt he's the best on the team or even better than Herron. Hopefully he'll play well against big schools. He seems to play well against mid majors. We need him

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol if you're talking about me ok you pat your back on that. I'll pat mine on the ENTIRE season so far. And I didn't say he wasn't going to be good I said I doubt he's the best on the team or even better than Herron. Hopefully he'll play well against big schools. He seems to play well against mid majors. We need him

That mid major will be there when the dust settles, and again you tell me who plays well against Duke.

1 minute ago, lost said:

That mid major will be there when the dust settles, and again you tell me who plays well against Duke.

Harper did. But he's had more bad games than good. I don't talk about anybody's performance against Duke because everybody was overmatched size wise. He wasn't there that entire tournament. Making a brag post because he played well against Murray is funny though.  Make that post when he plays well against Kentucky or Tennessee or something. Either way he doesn't replace Herron at all

Good win. We handled the ball better mostly. Chumma had some TO's but he always have like 5 steals and 3 blocks so I let him slide. I don't McCormick had a couple and Brown had 3 but that's down from 6. I don't like how these last few teams are out working us on the boards though. St Peter's was close I think. Uab was tied with us or just down 1 this team had a bunch of offensive boards....that's not going to fly in conference play

Nobody but you said he replaced anyone.  Show me in my post where i referred to that when i posted.  I said he has done well since coming here and was good in transition and  defense, leading the team in steals.   Herron is total different material, size and ability.  AU does not expect Doughty to fill Herron's spot.  He is not built that way size wise and his skill set is different. Actually the individual who gets closest to filling that spot is Okeke, but in a different way.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You read into everything. We've had several bad lapses at the end of halves/games. Remember Xavier? We almost lost because of the end of that half. We need to work on it. Saying 3 teams in a row are getting lucky at 3's no that's us not running people off the line and making them take uncomfortable shots. The better we get the more you have to notice the small things

Would you say a lot of those threes have not been contested? Because I would say differently. It just seems like each team the past 3 games that we’ve played has had a guy get real hot against us. Their guy who had shot 21% from 3 on the year made 5 threes. I really doubt other teams had defended him so well and all the sudden he hit them because we didn’t guard him as well. Sometimes, you give guys that shot when they haven’t lit it up from 3, and they hit a few, so then you contest more. The guy hit some contested threes. He got hot. I would certainly call that a little luck on their part.

To me, after watching them today, this is how we need to run the line ups going forward.

Starters

1: Harper

2: Doughty

3: Dunbar until Purifoy is in game shape

4: Chuma

5: Wiley

2nd group

1. McCormick

2. BB

3. Purifoy until he gets in game shape

4. AMac

5. Spencer

1 minute ago, lost said:

Nobody but you said he replaced anyone.  Show me in my post where i referred to that when i posted.  I said he has done well since coming here and was good in transition and  defense, leading the team in steals.   Herron is total different material, size and ability.  AU does not expect Doughty to fill Herron's spot.  He is not built that way size wise and his skill set is different. Actually the individual who gets closest to filling that spot is Okeke, but in a different way.

Somebody said it, if you think I'm supposed to remember your posts from the start of the season......you're wrong. You are the one who brought up what I said about him, and what I said about him was I doubt he's so good that we won't even remember or miss Herron. And don't tell me what AU thinks as if you are AU and I'm not. He plays his old spot so yeah they are going to be comparable

Archived