Men vs. Murray State

WarTiger

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I didn’t see you say that about subbing BB with the second lineup so I’ll take your word for it and give u credit too 

I have this thing where I say stuff where I see things usually earlier than the wave of the board....it could be negative...I think from your posts you don't like to hear negative things about the team for example.....this upsets people that want to hear all positives. Then weeks and months later when things come in fruition those same people are angry and then don't want to acknowledge or in cases like yours they are so long ago you didn't see or you get the ignore the 37 points you've called and point out the one you missed.....my favorite. 

Don't take my word though read a couple of posts before the season started. But really I say this to joke with bird alot because I say he takes my stuff

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was asking you to explain so you wouldn't Mikey me and say you typed it but that doesn't mean you agree with it....

There’s not much to explain, I watched Tevin, a guy from my county, hoping to see how comparable he was to Ja Morant

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s not much to explain, I watched Tevin, a guy from my county, hoping to see how comparable he was to Ja Morant

Oh ok see? I thought you said he was close to him in talent. I misread it

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He might be, aside from facilitating. I’ll have to see more 

That's a pretty big besides.....I'd say he may be able to shoot better than him(despite the ongoing myth of nobody can shoot and are lucky if they hit against us)...but to say he has his talent.....that's saying he's more talented than 95% of guards in college and he's NBA talented

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I have this thing where I say stuff where I see things usually earlier than the wave of the board....it could be negative...I think from your posts you don't like to hear negative things about the team for example.....this upsets people that want to hear all positives. Then weeks and months later when things come in fruition those same people are angry and then don't want to acknowledge or in cases like yours they are so long ago you didn't see or you get the ignore the 37 points you've called and point out the one you missed.....my favorite. 

Don't take my word though read a couple of posts before the season started. But really I say this to joke with bird alot because I say he takes my stuff

Of course I don’t like to hear negative things about the team. That means we’re doing something wrong! But I don’t act like those things aren’t happening. I’ve been incredibly vocal about our FT shooting and how bad our transition defense and baseline inbound defense has been this season. I don’t expect anyone to remember my exact posts, but I’m telling you I can call out things this team does wrong. 

I think you remember things that you post way earlier in the season, but there are a lot of posters on this board, so you’re not always going to get credit for things you say earlier in the season. 

We can’t be expected to keep up with everything one person says. When I see a good post, and the person makes a good point, I acknowledge it.

I’ve seen you post a lot early in the season though, and so I’m assuming you have made a similar point that I do not remember, and I commend you for your foresight! But the truth is, I don’t go thread diving every time I see a good post to see if someone has said something like that before. 

Wasn’t trying to start anything here, I respect your opinion and love the team like you. 

Edit: I will read through some of the pre-season talk and do some due diligence here. Do you remember where you said it so I can look in the right place? 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Of course I don’t like to hear negative things about the team. That means we’re doing something wrong! But I don’t act like those things aren’t happening. I’ve been incredibly vocal about our FT shooting and how bad our transition defense and baseline inbound defense has been this season. I don’t expect anyone to remember my exact posts, but I’m telling you I can call out things this team does wrong. 

I think you remember things that you post way earlier in the season, but there are a lot of posters on this board, so you’re not always going to get credit for things you say earlier in the season. 

We can’t be expected to keep up with everything one person says. When I see a good post, and the person makes a good point, I acknowledge it.

I’ve seen you post a lot early in the season though, and so I’m assuming you have made a similar point that I do not remember, and I commend you for your foresight! But the truth is, I don’t go thread diving every time I see a good post to see if someone has said something like that before. 

Wasn’t trying to start anything here, I respect your opinion and love the team like you. 

Edit: I will read through some of the pre-season talk and do some due diligence here. Do you remember where you said it so I can look in the right place? 

This isn't a start or argument. I'm trying to recruit people that like to talk basketball but don't get hurt if you say things as simple as we're not as good as we think we are yet and stuff like that. Yeah read some of my stuff, I'm sure there will be stuff you don't agree with. Hit me and say hey you don't know what you're talking about and ask what the hell was I thinking and we'll start a dialogue.

Good talk 👍

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This isn't a start or argument. I'm trying to recruit people that like to talk basketball but don't get hurt if you say things as simple as we're not as good as we think we are yet and stuff like that. Yeah read some of my stuff, I'm sure there will be stuff you don't agree with. Hit me and say hey you don't know what you're talking about and ask what the hell was I thinking and we'll start a dialogue.

Good talk 👍

So cole where do you think we stand thus far into the year: what caliber team are we in the sec, mbball, and ncaa tourny?

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hit me and say hey you don't know what you're talking about  

Let me know and I can give you some more talking points 😁

6 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

So cole where do you think we stand thus far into the year: what caliber team are we in the sec, mbball, and ncaa tourny?

I think we are going to improve every game. I'm not exactly sure where we at because it seems we play up and down to the competition. The things that worry me the most is us not seeming to understand what to do if the shots not falling, and I don't think we're as good on defense as we were. 

An underrated thing about us is we have good big men. I think Wiley is much better on offense that he gets credit and a mac and Spencer are awesome.

An overrated thing about us is our back court. They're good but not top of the country good. 

We're at about where I'd thought we'd be. I was hoping to hit the bump a little earlier though and then be smoothing things out going intro conference play. This rebounding thing lately has to be fixed quickly. If we don't rebound at a high level all the stuff I said won't mean anything and we'll be taking some L's.

Lastly I don't think we really have anything for VERY good guards so I worry about LSU, miss st, Tenn, and Kentucky. Bammer too. I think we can defend the big guys but elite guards Idk. 

What about you? How do you see things going?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Let me know and I can give you some more talking points 😁

My brother from another mother! You're always there to make sure one of us gets the credit.....😂

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think we are going to improve every game. I'm not exactly sure where we at because it seems we play up and down to the competition. The things that worry me the most is us not seeming to understand what to do if the shots not falling, and I don't think we're as good on defense as we were. 

An underrated thing about us is we have good big men. I think Wiley is much better on offense that he gets credit and a mac and Spencer are awesome.

An overrated thing about us is our back court. They're good but not top of the country good. 

We're at about where I'd thought we'd be. I was hoping to hit the bump a little earlier though and then be smoothing things out going intro conference play. This rebounding thing lately has to be fixed quickly. If we don't rebound at a high level all the stuff I said won't mean anything and we'll be taking some L's.

Lastly I don't think we really have anything for VERY good guards so I worry about LSU, miss st, Tenn, and Kentucky. Bammer too. I think we can defend the big guys but elite guards Idk. 

What about you? How do you see things going?

I think getting danjiel into the rotation has slowed us a bit, but id like to see him become a driver for us (i know thats not the right term). I HOPE we can play to our offensive potential and make an elite 8 run, but we’ve got some ? That need answering. Our guys still arent good at feeding the paint and then moving into open space.

I agree with the boards, we won the rebound battles in almost all of our wins last season but it doesnt seem to be happening the same this year. 

Im also worried about the drop off between harper and the next guy(s). Although past couple of games mccormick/doughty have picked up some of the slack. 

Lastly, id like to see our bigs (Chuma and up) have a little more horace spencer type attitude. Be aggressive- go up strong, go get the ball. 

I think we’re VERY talented 1-10 but weve got to learn to play smart and for a full 40

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We should get Tevin Brown to come to Auburn so I don’t have to cheer for fodder programs like Murray State in any capacity 

I wished my cousin played.....think he'd be all SEC here in our system.....but we offered he didn't choose us. We did jump on him sort of late but the reclassified out of the blue. He really should be a redshirt freshman or sophomore

Oh did you know Morant played a year early too. Last year he was one of the youngest players in NCAA. That's crazy. He's just 18 now

9 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I think getting danjiel into the rotation has slowed us a bit, but id like to see him become a driver for us (i know thats not the right term). I HOPE we can play to our offensive potential and make an elite 8 run, but we’ve got some ? That need answering. Our guys still arent good at feeding the paint and then moving into open space.

I agree with the boards, we won the rebound battles in almost all of our wins last season but it doesnt seem to be happening the same this year. 

Im also worried about the drop off between harper and the next guy(s). Although past couple of games mccormick/doughty have picked up some of the slack. 

Lastly, id like to see our bigs (Chuma and up) have a little more horace spencer type attitude. Be aggressive- go up strong, go get the ball. 

I think we’re VERY talented 1-10 but weve got to learn to play smart and for a full 40

I think we pretty much see things the same. I don't really think DP slowed us down but I did say before the season started he'd have to be worked in and it won't be a seamless transition.....I think we just played some quality teams that was able to expose us and our weaknesses a little late but I said that would happen before the season started as well. I didn't pay attention to the dates on our schedule and it happened a little later in the season than I thought it would. EVERYTHING else though I'm with you 100% we should talk more as the season progresses!

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I wished my cousin played.....think he'd be all SEC here in our system.....but we offered he didn't choose us. We did jump on him sort of late but the reclassified out of the blue. He really should be a redshirt freshman or sophomore

Oh did you know Morant played a year early too. Last year he was one of the youngest players in NCAA. That's crazy. He's just 18 now

Yeah a MSU fan used Morant not getting the OVC ROY plus Brown likely getting it as proof that Tevin’s on a good trajectory 

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

giphy.gif

I imagine you probably were intimidated by 5'8" defenders but most aren't.....you should've saved this with your Steph curry comparison he was 50% from the free throw last game right........you still don't understand the sample size concept yet 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I imagine you probably were intimidated by 5'8" defenders but most aren't.....you should've saved this with your Steph curry comparison he was 50% from the free throw last game right........you still don't understand the sample size concept yet 😂😂😂

So Curry has never missed two consecutive free throws, College or Pro?

Good thing you’re not in charge of stats. Or playing in the SEC. 

3 hours ago, AURex said:

Do you guys realize how totally idiotic ya'll sound arguing about this nothing stuff?

This nothing stuff.....ok. Thanks for straightening everything out

4 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

So Curry has never missed two consecutive free throws, College or Pro?

Good thing you’re not in charge of stats. Or playing in the SEC. 

Stat keeper has to adhere to a minimal amount shot and like I said no stat keeper would compare 8 games to over 40.....but yeah stick with it, it sure is holding up!

Archived