Forbes on the 4 teams in the playoff

AURandy56

always post at least part of the article and not just a link.

Heaven Helps Notre Dame Football While Taxpayers Subsidize Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma

The NCAA College Football National Championship semifinal games will soon kick off. While the action on the field is sure to be interesting, taxpayers should be paying attention to what’s happening on the sidelines. College football coaches are the highest paid public employees in the country.

Let’s look at these coaching matchups and consider the financial stakes. In the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, No. 1 Alabama (13-0) takes on No. 4 Oklahoma (12-1). In the Cotton Bowl Classic in Arlington, Texas, two undefeated teams face off as No. 2 Clemson (13-0) plays No. 3 Notre Dame (12-0).

Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com dug into the salaries of the head football coaches, their coordinators, and staff. Each school uses a different mix of public, taxpayer funding and private funding to pay massive six, seven, and even eight-figure salaries to their head coaches and staff.

Read the rest here:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2018/12/27/heaven-helps-notre-dame-football-while-taxpayers-subsidize-alabama-clemson-oklahoma/?fbclid=IwAR0U_xAWVWoJsPnjYvBQPSYdy70BQcCYO_hkVJHH9fY_FxQVAxTaAbLWmbA#2ba8a35e75ae

Nothing sickens me more than giving that miniature slimeball hard-earned tax dollars. He doesn't need it and the State of Alabama could put that money to much better use. What a stupid way to use public funds.

JMO but I expect AU is doing the same thing...maybe not to the same extent considering the salary differences....but if the issue is "principle"....we have no room to act superior. I recall the complaints about JJ's state pension though all he did was contribute as allowed and take payments as the plan was designed to pay out.

The complaints ought to be levied against college football in general rather than pick out four schools that are likely doing just what all the bigtime schools are doing.   :dunno:

" Adding up Saban's total cash compensation just since 2010, he's received $64 million. If it all counts towards his retirement pension, we estimate that Saban’s vested pension benefit at his current age of 67 already exceeds $2.4 million for his 12 years of public service. "

Presumably that means $2.4 million/year pension benefit??

That's just immoral IMO. :no:

And it's just as immoral for Gus.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

" Adding up Saban's total cash compensation just since 2010, he's received $64 million. If it all counts towards his retirement pension, we estimate that Saban’s vested pension benefit at his current age of 67 already exceeds $2.4 million for his 12 years of public service. "

Presumably that means $2.4 million/year pension benefit??

That's just immoral IMO. :no:

And it's just as immoral for Gus.

I agree!

19 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I agree!

That type of money puts a strain on the defined benefit pension of the teachers, if that comes from the same system. 

Archived