Media is propping up Notre Dame

ChltteTiger

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/notre-dame-coach-brian-kelly-insists-latest-big-game-disappointment-in-cotton-bowl-not-comparable-to-past/

I can just imagine if Gus lost a playoff game in blowout style the way ND did, he would get sympathetic articles like the above (and its the same from others like SI.com)

Media clown show just propping up the Antichrist's team like they have been doing forever.. 

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/notre-dame-coach-brian-kelly-insists-latest-big-game-disappointment-in-cotton-bowl-not-comparable-to-past/

I can just imagine if Gus lost a playoff game in blowout style the way ND did, he would get sympathetic articles like the above (and its the same from others like SI.com)

Media clown show just propping up the Antichrist's team like they have been doing forever.. 

Last week the talk was how ND was as good as the bamas of the world and doing it without great recruiting classes because of Kelly's great coaching.  JMO but not blaming Kelly....talent matters a great deal and he's not a good enough coach to go  against the 5* armies in the south.  

Don't recall if their is a final poll but if so, they will probably only drop below Uga and oklahoma. 

I read the article. I will not comment if the talent was equal or not, but I will comment on if ND is as good as they were ranked to be. Review their schedule. Who did they play. Michigan and FSU are the two I would consider competition or games questionable if ND would win or not. This is the problem with independent schools. They are not held to any type of schedule requirements such as conference games. The teams they play represent the scrubs of the conferences. When was the last time Vanderbilt, Navy, VT, Ball state and Wake forest considered a real threat or contender. Independents need to be left out of the equation when deciding who should play for the national title. ND went undefeated on the loser bracket. There is no pity felt for this coach. He did not accomplish anything significant in the game. "I definitely feel like the game was much closer than the score reflected. It was really a matter, in my opinion, of four or five plays," said linebacker Drue Tranquill. Really! what game was he playing, Madden on the PS4.

Clemson's SOS is actually lower then ND's but who is counting...   Alabama has played 7 top 30 teams and Clemson has played 3.  I find it very interesting that the line/FPI/etc is basically even for the Bama/Clemson game.  

Archived