March for life coverage

japantiger

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess it turns folks like homie into severe reaction with a side effect of further delusion.

There are a hellava lot more folks who think like me than MAGA's like you. 

Hell, even in the last election there were about 3 million more in the electorate alone.  Maybe you're the one who's delusional. 

After all, you're the one who supports a narcissistic psychopathic reality show host, which totally explains his presidency.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

It was almost a foregone conclusion.  Thankfully, some of the media outlets (WaPo, NYT) have issued corrections.  Still doesn't make me feel any better.  My family & I interred my older brother's ashes at Barrancas National Cemetery in Pensacola just last October.  He was in steadily failing health after suffering a stroke a few years ago in addition to some other medical issues.  He was 70.  Young, right?  Yep, but a 3-pack a day habit will catch up to you eventually and it did him.  He wasn't a smoker until he went to Viet Nam.   He ran x-country and track in HS -- personal best in the mile of 4:29.  He tried college after HS, and lasted a couple of quarters at Ga Tech (sorry, Golf.)  Then, he dropped out to join the Army to become a helicopter pilot.  Sent to Viet Nam from May 68 --May 69.  He was a Scout pilot.  Those of you with prior service know what that means.  Those that don't:  he flew the OH-13 -- bubble canopy & lattice boom like in the MASH TV series.  His only armament was his sidearm, a box of WP grenades under his seat (for marking targets) and a door gunner with a .30 cal machine gun.  He once described his job to me as "to go out, find the enemy and draw fire."   I received all his awards & decorations from my sister last fall with instructions to make a shadow box display case for them but I just haven't got around to it.  They include:  the Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star Medal with Valor and the Air Medal with 47 Oak Leaf clusters.  The Air Medal is awarded for flying time spent over enemy territory, and each Oak Leaf cluster represents another award of the medal.  I asked him how did he accumulated so many in a year's time.  Pilots were restricted to only flying a certain amount each month.  He told me that being back at base camp was "boring" so he often flew as a door gunner(!)  Then he added that flying as a door gunner actually made him a better pilot as he had the door gunner's perspective.  He was shot down 3 times during his tour, once suffering a fractured wrist that wasn't completely healed and required another corrective surgery about 15 years later.  His unit referred to themselves as the Flying Circus and actually started up a website in the late '90s, I think:  Link

There's a section on that site called 'Reflections' where members posted written pieces on their experiences.  My brother wrote one called A Day in the Life of a Scout

Read it when you get a chance.  RIP Mike (call sign GAUCHO)

It's more then OK logger

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You are so full of crap. You know those kids did nothing of the kind. The video shows THEY WERE approached by the NA Group. The taunting has been debunked as well. The HI Group was there and the kids did not return fire with all the craziness they were getting. I often wonder of some of my folks on the left arent as crazy as Trump. 

"my folks on the left"  :laugh:

DKW you are in a class by yourself.  Angry at the world (as you see it).  You have a lot more in common with MAGA's than you might imagine.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"my folks on the left"  :laugh:

DKW you are in a class by yourself.  Angry at the world (as you see it).  You have a lot more in common with MAGA's than you might imagine.

If you are talking about my support for a 70% MTR, Return to Glass-Stegall, Medicare for all, Tuition Reform, Prison Reform, My support of LGBTQ children, and support for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, I dont see me having much in common with them at all. 

If you are talking about me admitting that while I stand against them, I also support them having free speech, than I guess in one small way, I do.

You, on the other hand, are just a partisan twit. You going off the road about the photograph was typical 24/7/365 Homey Whackadoodle Craziness. I think everyone on the board got a very clear view of your sycophantic psychological bent.

***I often wonder if some of my folks on the left arent as crazy as Trump. But when it comes to homey....i dont have to wonder at all.*** 

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If you are talking about my support for a 70% MTR, Return to Glass-Stegall, Medicare for all, Tuition Reform, Prison Reform, My support of LGBTQ children, and support for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, I dont see me having much in common with them at all. 

If you are talking about me admitting that while I stand against them, I also support them having free speech, than I guess in one small way, I do.

You, on the other hand, are just a partisan twit. You going off the road about the photograph was typical 24/7/365 Homey Whackadoodle Craziness. I think everyone on the board got a very clear view of your sycophantic psychological bent.

***I often wonder if some of my folks on the left arent as crazy as Trump. But when it comes to homey....i dont have to wonder at all.*** 

That's because you don't have a contemplative mind.  You're like Trump, you rely on your gut and whatever impulsive reaction spews forth from it.

Whatever intellect you possess is totally overwhelmed by your caustic emotional aggression.  Only God - or maybe a good psychologist - could possibly know where it comes from.  

"Wacko" works for me.  ;)

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don't disagree with any of that.  Those kids really didn't have any business being there in the first place.

Why?  

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Why?  

Because they are children intellectually speaking. (Although you are proof that intellectual maturity is not guaranteed by age.)

I was totally into the Confederate myth myself at that age. Fortunately, there are no photographs.

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Donald Trump is the first candidate to run on a platform openly stating that America is in decline.

That's because Donald Trump is the first candidate to follow Obama and his anti-American policies.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, homersapien said:

I don't really give a s*** what led up to the photo or what occurred after it.  All you really need to know is what you see - that's the thing about such photographs.

*coupled with all of the other statements provided by Homer articulating his idea that "an image is what it is" and has "truth in its own right," irrespective of the context underscoring the image*

*but wait, then he bestows upon the thread in an attempt to "aid" us in capturing his "wise" contentions, an article which includes the following: 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

"[Trump's bigoted rhetoric and defense of white supremacists is a] context [which] cannot be divorced from the image of the MAGA hat..."

Once again, Homersapien demonstrates the unworkability of his own contentions, or maybe the old fart is just confused. 

Great consistency! Never change, Homer. Never change. 

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

I comes from having racists and white supremacists adopting it due to the implied messaging.  (It certainly has nothing to do with a hat "causing pain". :-\)

It's really not that complicated.

So.. racist and white supremacist wear MAGA hats, therefore if you wear a MAGA hat you are a racist and white supremacist. Got it. 

The Press: Gay student banned from speaking at Convington...those bastards are homophobes too!!!

Sane human: Oh, wait....what, he didn't go to Covington?   

Press: It doesn't matter...it's still those bastards in Covington... but we're not fake news.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/gay-valedictorian-banned-speaking-covington-graduation-not-surprised-d-c-n961446?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

*coupled with all of the other statements provided by Homer articulating his idea that "an image is what it is" and has "truth in its own right," irrespective of the context underscoring the image*

*but wait, then he bestows upon the thread in an attempt to "aid" us in capturing his "wise" contentions, an article which includes the following: 

Once again, Homersapien demonstrates the unworkability of his own contentions, or maybe the old fart is just confused. 

Seriously, consistency is not a challenge with being a member of the Uber-left....this week they've institutionalized that killing babies up until birth is a right in their liberal utopia of NY; but building a wall to keep out drug trafficers and MS13 gang members is immoral....attacking a HS kid in FL after he makes public comments is wrong; but attacking and making death threats to  Catholic kids in KY who did nothing; absolutely nothing; is a cause-celeb' and is trumpeted by every major liberal leader and the entire press corp....of course Homey will never change...well, unless you mean his POV; in which case it will change according to the current talking points. 

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

So.. racist and white supremacist wear MAGA hats, therefore if you wear a MAGA hat you are a racist and white supremacist. Got it. 

No, but if MAGA hats are worn by enough racists and white supremacists then you risk being associated with them by wearing one.  (Of course, it also helps that MAGA implies a return to a racist society - see previously posted articles.)

Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are.

Does that help?

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Didn't follow your argument of "inconsistency" there.  As a law student, you should do better.

And I didn't say anything about being "wise" so I don't know why you quoted it.  I note that you also cannot refrain from the ad hominem insult.  Hate to tell you, but being called and "old fart" doesn't bother me, in fact, I own it.  ;D

Here's hoping you do change, which is likely as you gradually mature.

18 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Seriously, consistency is not a challenge with being a member of the Uber-left....this week they've institutionalized that killing babies up until birth is a right in their liberal utopia of NY; but building a wall to keep out drug trafficers and MS13 gang members is immoral....attacking a HS kid in FL after he makes public comments is wrong; but attacking and making death threats to  Catholic kids in KY who did nothing; absolutely nothing; is a cause-celeb' and is trumpeted by every major liberal leader and the entire press corp....of course Homey will never change...well, unless you mean his POV; in which case it will change according to the current talking points. 

You are a self-parody.  ;D

(But you've done better work.)

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, but if MAGA hats are worn by enough racists and white supremacists then you risk being associated with them by wearing one.  (Of course, it also helps that MAGA implies a return to a racist society - see previously posted articles.)

Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are.

Does that help?

You keep adding in things that make it so interesting. I had no idea that MAGA implied a return to a racist society. Who implied that? 

"Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are." 

And that quote is the problem.. "think" not know for sure but "think". So therefore if you wear the MAGA hat OR  you are an open Trump supporter.. I "think" you are a racist and I will treat you as if you are a racist without knowing you.. without speaking to you.. . and I will LABEL you that way. 

Absolute insanity. And the Democrats still can't figure out how they lost the election to Trump. 

10 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

You keep adding in things that make it so interesting. I had no idea that MAGA implied a return to a racist society. Who implied that? 

"Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are." 

And that quote is the problem.. "think" not know for sure but "think". So therefore if you wear the MAGA hat OR  you are an open Trump supporter.. I "think" you are a racist and I will treat you as if you are a racist without knowing you.. without speaking to you.. . and I will LABEL you that way. 

Absolute insanity. And the Democrats still can't figure out how they lost the election to Trump. 

LMAO. I THINK homie is a retarded bammer.

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Again, I posted two articles that discuss the implied meaning of MAGA.  It's exactly why it is so appealing to white supremacists, it implies a return to well, white supremacy, which is a feature of pretty much all of our past.  (Hint: key word is "AGAIN")

And people will think - or assume - you are racist for flying the Conferate battle flag because 1) that flag originally represented the fight to preserve slavery and 2) it was adopted by those opposing basic civil rights and equality for blacks (largely due to reason #1).

But you are right, no one will know for sure if you are racist by flying it, but if it walks like duck.......

And none of this is "insanity", it's just basic human nature and common sense.  You wouldn't expect to wear a swastika (for example) and not have people assume you have nazi or white supremacist views.  You may not think that's fair, but it's certainly not "insane".

Archived