March for life coverage

japantiger

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's a major stretch to call that "support".

Secondly, I was referring to anyone on this forum.  But to your point, I have seen no support for the actions of these folks in the popular press.

That NYT article failed to call out the Black Hebrew Israelites on their views as hate or condemn what they said to the Covington students. They gave them a pass. 

How often do you seen an article mention that a group is considered a hate group but in the same article lamely point out "they don't have a history of violence". And they also manage to get a quote from a professor at USC to vouch for them as "a harmless part of their community". 

I don't think any white hate group would have gotten that soft of an article in the NYT. 

Basically the article was more explaining who they are, what their views are, and why they're "harmless". lol

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That NYT article failed to call out the Black Hebrew Israelites on their views as hate or condemn what they said to the Covington students. They gave them a pass. 

How often do you seen an article mention that a group is considered a hate group but in the same article lamely point out "they don't have a history of violence". And they also manage to get a quote from a professor at USC to vouch for them as "a harmless part of their community". 

I don't think any white hate group would have gotten that soft of an article in the NYT. 

Basically the article was more explaining who they are, what their views are, and why they're "harmless". lol

So you think it would be better to make up baseless accusations of violence? :dunno:

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So you think it would be better to make up baseless accusations of violence? :dunno:

So you think it's ok for them to preach hate and harass people because they're harmless?

5 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So you think it's ok for them to preach hate and harass people because they're harmless?

"Preach", yes.  (Not that I agree with them, but it's their constitutional right.)

Define what you mean by "harass". 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, that's not true. 

You said: "Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist."

But, maybe I did misunderstand.  Were you referring to anything I - or anyone else for that matter - posted on this thread?

Are were you speaking generally, simply expressing a personal angst?

No, but if MAGA hats are worn by enough racists and white supremacists then you risk being associated with them by wearing one.  (Of course, it also helps that MAGA implies a return to a racist society - see previously posted articles.) Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are.

THIS ^^ and the fact that a kid who never uttered a word in a viral video that made any suggestions he was racist, a white supremacist, or a confederate flag flying lover was   labeled as such by the media, celebrities, and many on social media. He was unjustly vilified and that has been my point the entire time. You simply couldn’t hear me for trying to prove why people associate wearing a MAGA hat as being racist. Do racist wear MAGA hats? Maybe I have no idea.. . I am going to go out on a limb here and say that racist  probably wear clothes and shoes maybe Nike shoes.. so if you wear Nike shoes maybe you are a racist.. that logic is insanity on all levels. 

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

After watching the video and hearing the things they said to the kids, I wonder why they get a pass for being “harmless”  what they said was racist, bigoted, and homophobic. I can’t understand how that is ok. .. I also heard on the video one Native American man telling the kids to go back to Europe. SMDH

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Preach", yes.  (Not that I agree with them, but it's their constitutional right.)

Define what you mean by "harass". 

Perhaps the rub here is that this group was screaming vile insults at the kids and are somewhat getting a pass or are at most an afterthought (marginally mentioned in all of this if at all). However, it seems you and Elle were hyper offended that a teenager stood silently and “smirked” at a grown man who came into his personal space and was seemingly the antagonist but the kid still got singled out. 

15 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Perhaps the rub here is that this group was screaming vile insults at the kids and are somewhat getting a pass or are at most an afterthought (marginally mentioned in all of this if at all). However, it seems you and Elle were hyper offended that a teenager stood silently and “smirked” at a grown man who came into his personal space and was seemingly the antagonist but the kid still got singled out. 

I am not "hyper offended" at all.  What have I posted that would suggest that?

The "kid" most certainly is responsible for his response. He could have turned his back or walked away if Phillips was the "aggressor". 

Regardless, he "stood his ground" and smirked, as the photos demonstrate.  So he either 1) fuzzed up - being young and naive or, 2) was played by Phillips or, 3) some combination thereof.

I think it was #1.  I don't give Phillips that much credit.

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

After watching the video and hearing the things they said to the kids, I wonder why they get a pass for being “harmless”  what they said was racist, bigoted, and homophobic. I can’t understand how that is ok. .. I also heard on the video one Native American man telling the kids to go back to Europe. SMDH

That's a good argument for not taking kids - at least a group of kids wearing MAGA hats  - to a demonstration in the first place.

But that comes with having a president who relies on divisiveness  as his  basic political strategy.

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

No, but if MAGA hats are worn by enough racists and white supremacists then you risk being associated with them by wearing one.  (Of course, it also helps that MAGA implies a return to a racist society - see previously posted articles.) Just like flying the Confederate battle flag on your front porch.  Doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but a lot of people are going to think you are.

THIS ^^ and the fact that a kid who never uttered a word in a viral video that made any suggestions he was racist, a white supremacist, or a confederate flag flying lover was   labeled as such by the media, celebrities, and many on social media. He was unjustly vilified and that has been my point the entire time. You simply couldn’t hear me for trying to prove why people associate wearing a MAGA hat as being racist. Do racist wear MAGA hats? Maybe I have no idea.. . I am going to go out on a limb here and say that racist  probably wear clothes and shoes maybe Nike shoes.. so if you wear Nike shoes maybe you are a racist.. that logic is insanity on all levels. 

You just proved my point.  I never said - or even implied this:  

"Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist."  

Again, you are not reading carefully (precisely).

It's certainly not the first time I've experienced this on the forum - 'begging the question' is de rigueur  for conservatives. Perhaps it's an inability to discern nuance?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You just proved my point.  I never said - or even implied this:  

"Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist."  

Again, you are not reading carefully (precisely).

It's certainly not the first time I've experienced this on the forum - 'begging the question' is de rigueur  for conservatives. Perhaps it's an inability to discern nuance?

Alrighty. You make statements..deny statements.. and blame me for not reading into what you are really saying. Got it. Your last sentence is very telling ... 

9B9E3121-2C91-4FF5-8EE4-08A9DDA3EFEF.jpeg

That's a good argument for not taking kids - at least a group of kids wearing MAGA hats  - to a demonstration in the first place.

But that comes with having a president who relies on divisiveness  as his  basic political strategy.

Wow. Just wow. 

12 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Alrighty. You make statements..deny statements.. and blame me for not reading into what you are really saying. Got it. Your last sentence is very telling ... 

Please quote the statement you think I made and then denied making.

Let's clear this up.

Kentucky Catholic Bishop: Trump’s MAGA Hats Are Not ‘Pro-Life’

Lexington’s Bishop John Stowe said Covington Catholic students can’t be “pro-life” while supporting a president who “denigrates” immigrants and refugees.

A Kentucky Catholic bishop is admonishing the Covington Catholic High School students who confronted a Native American man in Washington, D.C., in a video that went viral last week ― insisting that the teens can’t claim to be “pro-life” while wearing President Donald Trump’s “Make America great again” hats. 

The Rev. John Stowe, the bishop of the Diocese of Lexington, said that being “pro-life” also means valuing the lives of immigrants and refugees ― something he said he strongly believes Trump has failed to do.

“It astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies,” Stowe wrote in an op-ed for the Lexington Herald-Leader on Wednesday. 

He said he is “ashamed” that the students’ actions have contradicted the goals of the March for Life, the massive annual anti-abortion rally the teens were in D.C. to attend.....

Read the rest at:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bishop-john-stowe-covington-kentucky-maga-hats-abortion_us_5c4b5ae7e4b06ba6d3bcbd87

@homersapien Please quote the statement you think I made and then denied making.

Let's clear this up.

You will never admit that the media blew this whole thing out of proportion and ran this kid and his family through the mud. The kid did nothing wrong. Not one thing. They were so wrong about this but you can’t admit it and continue to point out how this kid was wrong even going so far as saying they shouldn’t have been there.. 

** sorry I didn’t quote your last reply but I did post your quotes up top. 

5 hours ago, AuMarine said:

@homersapien Please quote the statement you think I made and then denied making.

Let's clear this up.

You will never admit that the media blew this whole thing out of proportion and ran this kid and his family through the mud. The kid did nothing wrong. Not one thing. They were so wrong about this but you can’t admit it and continue to point out how this kid was wrong even going so far as saying they shouldn’t have been there.. 

** sorry I didn’t quote your last reply but I did post your quotes up top. 

I have never said anything about the "media blowing this thing out of proportion".  They - or at least some of them - most certainly did.  I have never said otherwise. 

Again, you are "begging the question" by attributing things to me I never said or implied.  So, if you want to respond to something (you think) I have said, then quote it first. Maybe I can clarify.

And I don't know what you mean by "posting my quotes up top".  I don't see any quotes.

I have never said anything about the "media blowing this thing out of proportion".  They - or at least some of them - most certainly did.  I have never said otherwise. 

Again, you are "begging the question" by attributing things to me I never said or implied.  So, if you want to respond to something (you think) I have said, then quote it first. Maybe I can clarify.

And I don't know what you mean by "posting my quotes up top".  I don't see any quotes.

I replied to what you said in my last post but instead of quoting you I just replied.. realized what I did.. edited the post and included your quote in bold. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

10 hours ago, AuMarine said:

I replied to what you said in my last post but instead of quoting you I just replied.. realized what I did.. edited the post and included your quote in bold. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

:dunno:  I'm confused.  I was referring to my alleged statement supporting this:

On 1/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, homersapien said:

MAGA HATS worn by non-violent high school Christian Kids>>>Actual Racist, Homophobic, Namecalling by adult members of the BHI with a PA System.

This is the thinking that alienates mature educated people from a bunch on the Left. The fact that the kids did nothing and reacted almost not at all means nothing because of THOSE FRICKIN HATS. IOW, everyone has Free Speech Rights as long as the right people dont disagree with them. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:49 PM, AUloggerhead said:

image.png

Exactly.

Does anyone else wonder why the scumbags at the networks edited that video to be so biased against the kids?

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

:dunno:  I'm confused.  I was referring to my alleged statement supporting this:

I already addressed this. Maybe you are the one who needs to work on your reading comprehension. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

MAGA HATS worn by non-violent high school Christian Kids>>>Actual Racist, Homophobic, Namecalling by adult members of the BHI with a PA System.

This is the thinking that alienates mature educated people from a bunch on the Left. The fact that the kids did nothing and reacted almost not at all means nothing because of THOSE FRICKIN HATS. IOW, everyone has Free Speech Rights as long as the right people dont disagree with them. 

People on here that disagree with this are basically saying those kids deserved everything they got because some were wearing those hats.

Imagine saying that about a woman's clothes. Well, look at what she was wearing. She was asking for it.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

People on here that disagree with this are basically saying those kids deserved everything they got because some were wearing those hats.

Imagine saying that about a woman's clothes. Well, look at what she was wearing. She was asking for it.

Or...they will have a total complete disconnect from the two topics because they refuse to see the link.

Archived