March for life coverage

japantiger

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You are so full of crap. You know those kids did nothing of the kind. The video shows THEY WERE approached by the NA Group. The taunting has been debunked as well. The HI Group was there and the kids did not return fire with all the craziness they were getting. I often wonder of some of my folks on the left arent as crazy as Trump. 

LMAO. Sure would hate for a kid of mine to be in her class.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That wasn't your viewpoint last year. When it was David Hogg or Emma Gonzales it was ok for them to go to political rally's and have their voices be heard. But when they were criticized by the right, you had no problem saying the people criticizing them were bad or stupid. But now when it's the Covington kids(you don't like their views or the MAGA hats) you hold the kids and the school responsible despite them receiving death threats and people doxxing them........ What a joke.

First Emma Gonzales and David Hogg weren’t in a chill field trip. They organized marches apart from their school. And yes people who criticize kids who were victims of a school shooting, kids who had to attend funeral after funeral of their murdered classmates are about as low as you can get. That said, I’ve not threatened the Covington students nor Doxxed them. I’ve merely said their behavior was disgusting. And the school was responsible for their actions. The chaperones did nothing to stop the kids from smirking and jeering at an elderly Native American. 

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I get that the students you work with must be dumb as doorknobs. But when it comes to this incident, you have a taken a page from Trump and are simply ignoring facts.

You're way out of line here.  Please retract this post. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

I get that the students you work with must be dumb as doorknobs. But when it comes to this incident, you have a taken a page from Trump and are simply ignoring facts.

So it’s ok for you to insult MY students but it’s not ok for me to say the Covington students behavior was unacceptable? You’ve taken a page from Trump and are simply being a first class hypocrite. 

4 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

And, there it is -- Joy Behar in a refreshing bit of candor.

We jumped to conclusions about the Covington Catholic kids because we desperately want Trump out of office

[W]hen you are found to be wrong, when snap judgments go awry, the proper response is to apologize (as some of my colleagues have done). We’re human. We make mistakes. The proper response is not to double down in digging for dirt, hoping and praying that you’ll find some reason to justify your initial rage. When activists and partisans do that, they send a clear message to their opponents: They will destroy you if they can.

That’s the message that sent a shudder up the spine of husbands and wives during the Kavanaugh hearings. That’s the message that sends a shudder up the spine of moms and dads as we watch men and women try to ruin the Covington Catholic kids. This isn’t just a media scandal. When we see the hate, some of us see our sons, and we know that in America today, their futures, their reputations, and – given the prevalence of death threats – perhaps even their very lives are in the hands of an angry mob.

The NON-Talking Point-ers here know that this could easily be applied to several on this forum.

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

So it’s ok for you to insult MY students but it’s not ok for me to say the Covington students behavior was unacceptable? You’ve taken a page from Trump and are simply being a first class hypocrite. 

I know you and you are bat crap crazy. There just cant be too much educating going on with the crazies like you.

You are willfully ignoring facts to promote a BS narrative. Welcome to the World of Elle Trump.

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

First Emma Gonzales and David Hogg weren’t in a chill field trip. They organized marches apart from their school. And yes people who criticize kids who were victims of a school shooting, kids who had to attend funeral after funeral of their murdered classmates are about as low as you can get. That said, I’ve not threatened the Covington students nor Doxxed them. I’ve merely said their behavior was disgusting. And the school was responsible for their actions. The chaperones did nothing to stop the kids from smirking and jeering at an elderly Native American. 

Sorry but political rally's are political rally's. You can't pick and choose which kids to support and which one's to criticize based on their views. David Hogg and Emma Gonzales didn't exactly handle themselves with class. People like you defended them from criticism no matter what came out of their mouths. Yet here, based on very little you'll throw the kids and the school under the bus because you don't like their views. Those kids didn't deserve to be harassed in the first place. They weren't the aggressors.

The kids handled themselves about as well as they could. How on earth can you pretend like their behavior caused it. Nathan Phillips only tried to make himself the victim and flat out lied about those kids being threatening and the Black Hebrew Israelites being 'prey'.

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I know you and you are bat crap crazy. There just cant be too much educating going on with the crazies like you.

You are willfully ignoring facts to promote a BS narrative. Welcome to the World of Elle Trump.

I met Michelle face to face in Auburn and you are spot on.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Ahhh, and there it is. You’ve stooped to PT’s talking point that says because I have an opinion that I can’t possible be a good educator. My ability to do my job is in no way determined by my political opinion. Because I teach Native American History I know exactly what disrespect of indiginious people looks like. And I saw that disrespect. 

I’m not ignoring facts but rather I’m seeing facts that you refuse to acknowledge. 

13 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

You're way out of line here.  Please retract this post. 

Wit all due respect elle deserves what ever she gets here. She dishes out just as much out of line crap as anyone.

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Ahhh, and there it is. You’ve stooped to PT’s talking point that says because I have an opinion that I can’t possible be a good educator. My ability to do my job is in no way determined by my political opinion. Because I teach Native American History I know exactly what disrespect of indiginious people looks like. And I saw that disrespect. 

I’m not ignoring facts but rather I’m seeing facts that you refuse to acknowledge. 

I never said anything like that I said you are a poor educator because you ignore facts to forward the lies. 

The facts, in this case, are pretty clear, The NA Group approached the kids, not the other way around. They were lied about to point where half the media has now apologized. Of course, that's not good enough for the bat crappers. They are now making death threats to the kids to the point where the school had to be closed a second day.

Yea just go ahead and disregard facts that are there, claim facts that have been debunked, and let your emotions override logic. That will be a sterling example for the kids. 

When I have my next session with the kids I coach, we will have a discussion on snap judgments and internet bullying on the CC Kids. 

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Sorry but political rally's are political rally's. You can't pick and choose which kids to support and which one's to criticize based on their views. David Hogg and Emma Gonzales didn't exactly handle themselves with class. People like you defended them from criticism no matter what came out of their mouths. Yet here, based on very little you'll throw the kids and the school under the bus because you don't like their views. Those kids didn't deserve to be harassed in the first place. They weren't the aggressors.

The kids handled themselves about as well as they could. How on earth can you pretend like their behavior caused it. Nathan Phillips only tried to make himself the victim and flat out lied about those kids being threatening and the Black Hebrew Israelites being 'prey'.

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between a school field trip to a political rally and a student going to a political rally. And I’m not criticizing the students but rather the school for putting kids in the situation. And chill , I’m not throwing them under a bus. You guys act like a post on this message Board is the end all of these kids. And I never once defended the Israelites who were hurling insults. They were wrong. But as a chaperone of students the faculty of Covington should have moved the kids away from that group. But they allowed and condoned it. 

I don’t pretend their behavior caused it. But I do realize their behavior was wrong. Nathan Phillips states that the Israelite group was insulting the students, so I fail to see lying. 

10 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between a school field trip to a political rally and a student going to a political rally. And I’m not criticizing the students but rather the school for putting kids in the situation. And chill , I’m not throwing them under a bus. You guys act like a post on this message Board is the end all of these kids. And I never once defended the Israelites who were hurling insults. They were wrong. But as a chaperone of students the faculty of Covington should have moved the kids away from that group. But they allowed and condoned it. 

I don’t pretend their behavior caused it. But I do realize their behavior was wrong. Nathan Phillips states that the Israelite group was insulting the students, so I fail to see lying. 

Assuming you mean the students what about their behavior was wrong?

You're really going to just ignore this statement from Phillips?

Phillips said he quickly realized the situation was much more tense than he had anticipated. “There was that moment when I realized I’ve put myself between beast and prey,” Phillips said. “These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/nathan-phillips-says-he-approached-maga-clad-teens-to-defuse-argument-with-black-protesters.html

The NA group approached them. Nathan Phillips walked up to one of the students(Nick Sandmann) and was beating a drum in his face. Phillips characterization of the students is just flat out wrong.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I never said anything like that I said you are a poor educator because you ignore facts to forward the lies. 

The facts, in this case, are pretty clear, The NA Group approached the kids, not the other way around. They were lied about to point where half the media has now apologized. Of course, that's not good enough for the bat crappers. They are now making death threats to the kids to the point where the school had to be closed a second day.

Yea just go ahead and disregard facts that are there, claim facts that have been debunked, and let your emotions override logic. That will be a sterling example for the kids. 

When I have my next session with the kids I coach, we will have a discussion on snap judgments and internet bullying on the CC Kids. 

It’s typical. Don’t like Elle’s post so let’s insult her ability to do her job. You know nothing about me yet you make a judgement about my teaching abilities. You and PT go directly to the personal insults then fault me when I stand up to you. I have had differing opinions with Texas and NOLA, and yet they can carry on a discussion with me without insulting my teaching abilities. In fact, we can have discussions without insults. But yet you two find it necessary to insinuate that I can’t teach and I’ve even received two threats from a right winger here. 

What I saw was a kid smirking st an elderly Native American. What I saw were his classmates laughing and jeering with him. The old man was in no way aggressive. What I saw was defiance. And what I saw was poor supervision by school chaperones. 

You don’t have to agree with me, you don’t have to like me, and you can make all the insults your keyboard can type out. But you are crossing a line when you insult my ability to do my job. I’m tired of that being the go to insult. 

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Assuming you mean the students what about their behavior was wrong?

Standing in front of an elderly man smirking, the tomahawk chops, the jeering ...

7 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You're really going to just ignore this statement from Phillips?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/nathan-phillips-says-he-approached-maga-clad-teens-to-defuse-argument-with-black-protesters.html

The NA group approached them. Nathan Phillips walked up to one of the students(Nick Sandmann) and was beating a drum in his face. Phillips characterization of the students is just flat out wrong.

I disagree. Do I think they Israelites were prey, hardly. Perhaps it was a poor metaphor. But still, why would chaperones not move kids away from a threatening group? Why even allow them to approach idiots looking for a fight? 

I once caught two girls fighting in the school parking lot. I didn’t allow it to continue, I intervened and stopped it. Why did no chaperones intervene? 

I disagree. Do I think they Israelites were prey, hardly. Perhaps it was a poor metaphor. But still, why would chaperones not move kids away from a threatening group? Why even allow them to approach idiots looking for a fight? 

I once caught two girls fighting in the school parking lot. I didn’t allow it to continue, I intervened and stopped it. Why did no chaperones intervene? 

The kids weren't doing anything. Why did nobody move the Black Hebrew Israelites or the NA group away from the kids? Nathan Phillips got in the kid's face and the NA group approached them. You've got a million excuses for these sorry 'adults' but these kids need to behave? What a cop out.  

The kids are waiting on their bus to leave. These kids have been trashed because people see the MAGA hat and that overrides everything else for them. The fact that you're holding kids to a higher standard than grown ass adults is telling. 

If anybody had called Nathan Phillips 'beastly' there's not a 1% chance in my mind that you wouldn't call that racist or offensive. But call a bunch of white kids wearing MAGA hats beastly and it's ok. You'll make excuses that the kids should have moved to a different area. lol

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

And now the next level of truth comes out...not in Vietnam either....wow....

It was almost a foregone conclusion.  Thankfully, some of the media outlets (WaPo, NYT) have issued corrections.  Still doesn't make me feel any better.  My family & I interred my older brother's ashes at Barrancas National Cemetery in Pensacola just last October.  He was in steadily failing health after suffering a stroke a few years ago in addition to some other medical issues.  He was 70.  Young, right?  Yep, but a 3-pack a day habit will catch up to you eventually and it did him.  He wasn't a smoker until he went to Viet Nam.   He ran x-country and track in HS -- personal best in the mile of 4:29.  He tried college after HS, and lasted a couple of quarters at Ga Tech (sorry, Golf.)  Then, he dropped out to join the Army to become a helicopter pilot.  Sent to Viet Nam from May 68 --May 69.  He was a Scout pilot.  Those of you with prior service know what that means.  Those that don't:  he flew the OH-13 -- bubble canopy & lattice boom like in the MASH TV series.  His only armament was his sidearm, a box of WP grenades under his seat (for marking targets) and a door gunner with a .30 cal machine gun.  He once described his job to me as "to go out, find the enemy and draw fire."   I received all his awards & decorations from my sister last fall with instructions to make a shadow box display case for them but I just haven't got around to it.  They include:  the Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star Medal with Valor and the Air Medal with 47 Oak Leaf clusters.  The Air Medal is awarded for flying time spent over enemy territory, and each Oak Leaf cluster represents another award of the medal.  I asked him how did he accumulated so many in a year's time.  Pilots were restricted to only flying a certain amount each month.  He told me that being back at base camp was "boring" so he often flew as a door gunner(!)  Then he added that flying as a door gunner actually made him a better pilot as he had the door gunner's perspective.  He was shot down 3 times during his tour, once suffering a fractured wrist that wasn't completely healed and required another corrective surgery about 15 years later.  His unit referred to themselves as the Flying Circus and actually started up a website in the late '90s, I think:  Link

There's a section on that site called 'Reflections' where members posted written pieces on their experiences.  My brother wrote one called A Day in the Life of a Scout

Read it when you get a chance.  RIP Mike (call sign GAUCHO)

41 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

It’s typical. Don’t like Elle’s post so let’s insult her ability to do her job. You know nothing about me yet you make a judgement about my teaching abilities. You and PT go directly to the personal insults then fault me when I stand up to you. I have had differing opinions with Texas and NOLA, and yet they can carry on a discussion with me without insulting my teaching abilities. In fact, we can have discussions without insults. But yet you two find it necessary to insinuate that I can’t teach and I’ve even received two threats from a right winger here. 

What I saw was a kid smirking st an elderly Native American. What I saw were his classmates laughing and jeering with him. The old man was in no way aggressive. What I saw was defiance. And what I saw was poor supervision by school chaperones. 

You don’t have to agree with me, you don’t have to like me, and you can make all the insults your keyboard can type out. But you are crossing a line when you insult my ability to do my job. I’m tired of that being the go to insult. 

Again, the NA Guy came up to the kids to cause trouble. The video shows plainly that he lied about being surrounded by the kids. 

Another l;ie making it rounds, not associated with you at all. 

Blackout Game for CCHS was mistakenly called a "black face" game by the media.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covington-catholic-black-paint/?fbclid=IwAR2IaJPORoJhbWEjDe_qrZmqNCZpeLaqSiv1qIdjfLsnCfy8dlw-402d_WE

Mr MSNBC has this lie plastered all over his FB wall now.

The Native American "VET" is supposedly about to be outed for stolen valor. Most of us heard almost immediately him claiming to be both a Vietnam Era Marine and an Army Ranger at the same time.

48 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Standing in front of an elderly man smirking, the tomahawk chops, the jeering ...

Whether he was smirking or just looking him in the eye is a matter of opinion. When did he do tomahawk chops or jeer.

I thought you had me on ignore:dunno:

Archived