March for life coverage

japantiger

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's because you are an ignorant oaf who knows nothing about the art of photography. You are lumping all forms of photography - snapshots, documentary, selfies - together. You don't understand the point I am making about some photos transcending these categories into art. This is one of those photos.  I expect to see it on the cover of Time.

Here's some instruction for you (as if it would penetrate your sensibility):

https://petapixel.com/2014/05/29/70-inspirational-quotes-photographers/

The most relevant to this discussion:

• “In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
    Alfred Stieglitz
  • “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.”
    Robert Frank
  • “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
    Anonymous
  • “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”
    Scott Lorenzo
  • “Photography is truth.”
    Jean-Luc Godard
  • “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
    Diane Arbus
  • “The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
    Elliott Erwitt
  • “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.”
    Irving Penn
  • “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.”
    Matt Hardy

Really?  This is your justification for publishing lies?  Holy s***...the last thing I heard more vacuous than this was, well, anything Ocasio-Cortez said..

“A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
 Diane Arbus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Really?  This is your justification for publishing lies?  Holy s***...the last thing I heard more vacuous than this was, well, anything Ocasio-Cortez said..

“A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
 Diane Arbus

Photographs don't lie, by definition. 

And I have never said anything about what led up to the photograph.

So, like DKW, you are playing the 'begging-the-question game'. (Also known as lying about what I have posted.)

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Photographs don't lie, by definition. 

And I have never said anything about what led up to the photograph.

So, like DKW, you are playing the 'begging-the-question game'. (Also known as lying about what I have posted.)

Dxh4qhuU0AAGfg_.jpg

I just watched the entire video of the Covington High School student/ Native American. WOW. Whoever started this really got it wrong and these kids are owed an apology. In the video,  I saw Black Hebrew Israelites approach the group of students and verbally abuse them. Does anyone on here see anything wrong with that? Why are we not outraged at the racist bigotry being leveled at those HIGH SCHOOL KIDS?? The Native American walked into the crowd and stopped in front of that kid. I never once witnessed the Native American trying to go around the kid or the kid trying to block his way. I also read the statement from the Native American giving his account of what happened, and all I can say is he is a flat out liar. Nothing about what he says is represented in that video?? All those people on twitter calling for violence against these kids should be sued. All the journalist with their rush to judgement and talking about violence against those kids should be sued. Does anyone in the media have ANY integrity left? Where is the outrage over what was said to those kids?? SMH... 

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I just watched the entire video of the Covington High School student/ Native American. WOW. Whoever started this really got it wrong and these kids are owed an apology. In the video,  I saw Black Hebrew Israelites approach the group of students and verbally abuse them. Does anyone on here see anything wrong with that? Why are we not outraged at the racist bigotry being leveled at those HIGH SCHOOL KIDS?? The Native American walked into the crowd and stopped in front of that kid. I never once witnessed the Native American trying to go around the kid or the kid trying to block his way. I also read the statement from the Native American giving his account of what happened, and all I can say is he is a flat out liar. Nothing about what he says is represented in that video?? All those people on twitter calling for violence against these kids should be sued. All the journalist with their rush to judgement and talking about violence against those kids should be sued. Does anyone in the media have ANY integrity left? Where is the outrage over what was said to those kids?? SMH... 

"Does anyone in the media have ANY integrity left?"

They never had any......

22 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I watched it. Lots of folks have a ton of egg on their face......including some here. But few will ever acknowledge it and won't hesitate to rush to judgment again if it suits their own positions.

5 hours ago, AuMarine said:

The whole incident is one big lie -- and it just got worse.  Check this out:  "Peacemaker" Phillips Not Really Interested in Making Peace

The guy is proving himself to be a first class total douchebag fraud. 

Update:  Phillips offers to visit Covington Catholic to school them:  

Phillips, an Omaha Nation elder, has offered to visit the school in Northern Kentucky as a "delegate representing the international coalition behind the Indigenous Peoples March to . . . have a dialog about cultural appropriation, racism, and the importance of listening to and respecting diverse cultures," according to a press release from the Lakota People's Law Project.  ...

"I have read the statement from Nick Sandmann, the student who stared at me for a long time. He did not apologize, and I believe there are intentional falsehoods in his testimony,"
Phillips said. "But I have faith that human beings can use a moment like this to find a way to gain understanding from one another."

Dang.  The delusion is strong with this one. 

1 hour ago, AUloggerhead said:

And, there it is -- Joy Behar in a refreshing bit of candor.

We jumped to conclusions about the Covington Catholic kids because we desperately want Trump out of office

The biggest "duh" moment of the year in media...

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I watched it. Lots of folks have a ton of egg on their face......including some here. But few will ever acknowledge it and won't hesitate to rush to judgment again if it suits their own positions.

This to infinity...

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The biggest "duh" moment of the year in media...

I will admit to believing it because I wanted to believe it. Beyond that, no comment lol. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I will admit to believing it because I wanted to believe it. Beyond that, no comment lol. 

Here's the thing, Dub:  I get the "Resistance" to Trump.  I really do.  Some of his twitter commentary is completely over the top and I don't approve one iota.  But in this case, the Resistance has run roughshod over a group of undeserving high school students in order to further propagate said Resistance.  I mean Covington High School is shut down now over the backlash, not to mention the death threats & other violence aimed at them.  This is just flat out wrong.   

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

What did you think about the Black Hebrew Isrealites and what they were saying to the students? Just wondering if that part of the video is acceptable and should that be overlooked by the media. OR is it ok to verbally abuse white teenage males wearing MAGA hats? 

And now the next level of truth comes out...not in Vietnam either....wow....

About the only thing left to this guys story hat isn't a lie is that he's an Indian...I suggest a DNA test....at this point I can probably get even money that he's related to Elizabeth Warren.... 

DxjX-NGWkAIoPdb.jpg:large

5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

What did you think about the Black Hebrew Isrealites and what they were saying to the students? Just wondering if that part of the video is acceptable and should that be overlooked by the media. OR is it ok to verbally abuse white teenage males wearing MAGA hats? 

I am actually familiar with them. They hang around the fountain in Southside proselytizing, and they are crazy as ****. 

Anyone that has ever lived in a big city knows to ignore a**holes like that and keep walking. 

8 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Here's the thing, Dub:  I get the "Resistance" to Trump.  I really do.  Some of his twitter commentary is completely over the top and I don't approve one iota.  But in this case, the Resistance has run roughshod over a group of undeserving high school students in order to further propagate said Resistance.  I mean Covington High School is shut down now over the backlash, not to mention the death threats & other violence aimed at them.  This is just flat out wrong.   

I never advocated doxxing the students. That's right out and I was against that even before I knew the real circumstances. I emailed their Diocese so they could handle it, and have since emailed an apology. Beyond that, nothing. 

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I never advocated doxxing the students. That's right out and I was against that even before I knew the real circumstances. I emailed their Diocese so they could handle it, and have since emailed an apology. Beyond that, nothing. 

Sorry, never meant to imply you were in favor of doxxing.  You up for a beer summit sometime?  😎

This isn't directed towards you Dub.

Those kids handled the situation about as well as you could have asked. They were waiting on their bus but were being harassed by the Black Hebrew Israelites group and then the Nathan Phillips guy walks up to Sandmann and beats the drum in his face. Had Sandmann flipped him the bird or done anything aggressive towards Phillips then that would have given the folks who have already bashed the kids even more ammunition to use against him.

It's sad that kids are being held responsible for the encounter but grown ass adults harassing and trying to provoke kids have been given passes by the media and social media celebrities all because of the MAGA hats. The hat overrides the adults actions for them. 

The people on here attacking the Covington Catholic kids sang a different tune when it was David Hogg or Emma Gonzales at Stoneman Douglas. It wasn't ok to go after kids then but now a lot of the same people who condemned the attacks on Hogg or Gonzales have no reservations about labeling those kids as racists and attacking those kids for wearing a MAGA hat. What truly pathetic people they are.

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Really????

You really are from "Talking Points Uber Alles!" 

I’ll tell you where my perspective comes from. It comes from being an educator who has taken students on a field trip. First, with this political climate, I’d have never taken students to a political march. I realize that being a faith based school that this issue could be important to them; however, they could have organized a march in their own town. This would have been a much better educational experience for the students. Second, as a chaperone I would never have let my students approach a group yelling derogatory comments as Covington’s chaperones allowed. Then to make it worse they allowed the students to counter by their own chants. One student even removed his shirt while yelling. I’d have taken my students away from that situation rather than thrust them into it. This was a preventable situation had the school behaved appropriately. But instead they allowed students to behave in a disrespectful fashion. That speaks in a loud volume to the culture at Covington. 

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I humbly invite you and your intentionally screwed perspective to sthu. I lost ALL respect for you with this. You KNOW YOU ARE WRONG and still spit venom. Truth be known the kids were the ones harassed here and anyone with two living brain cells in their heads has figured that out. You still bitterly cling to the disproven excrement-laden talking points.  

Elle, what happened to you?

If you think for one second that I’ll STHU because you said so well you need your head examined. And respect?  Your opinion would have to matter to me for me to even care. 

Ive watched the videos, I’ve read witness statements. The school students were not chaperoned properly and it showed. I never said the students were solely at fault. But actually working with students of this age I understand behaviors that others may not. When you take a group of students anywhere you should constantly be alert for potential problems. But Covington has a history of racism and bullying. Read student accounts. Sounds like a culture problem. 

I’m not bitter about the situation. It was stupid and preventable by the school. You just want to label me because I’m not defending a group you’ve deemed as innocent. 

I might be the only person here who has never heard of the Black Hebrew Israelites. They are a**holes. I didn’t see the kids doing anything wrong except wearing hats that say “ I’m an a**hole “. I didn’t see the Indian do anything wrong either. It seems he was trying to prevent a clash of a**holes. Is this s*** really newsworthy? 

22 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’ll tell you where my perspective comes from. It comes from being an educator who has taken students on a field trip. First, with this political climate, I’d have never taken students to a political march. I realize that being a faith based school that this issue could be important to them; however, they could have organized a march in their own town. This would have been a much better educational experience for the students. Second, as a chaperone I would never have let my students approach a group yelling derogatory comments as Covington’s chaperones allowed. Then to make it worse they allowed the students to counter by their own chants. One student even removed his shirt while yelling. I’d have taken my students away from that situation rather than thrust them into it. This was a preventable situation had the school behaved appropriately. But instead they allowed students to behave in a disrespectful fashion. That speaks in a loud volume to the culture at Covington. 

That wasn't your viewpoint last year. When it was David Hogg or Emma Gonzales it was ok for them to go to political rally's and have their voices be heard. But when they were criticized by the right, you had no problem saying the people criticizing them were bad or stupid. But now when it's the Covington kids(you don't like their views or the MAGA hats) you hold the kids and the school responsible despite them receiving death threats and people doxxing them........ What a joke.

This guy is really a piece of ... work.  After Friday's incident at the Lincoln Memorial, he tries to disrupt a Saturday Mass.  Link

Fortunately, the security detail prevented them from doing so.  smdh

47 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

This guy is really a piece of ... work.  After Friday's incident at the Lincoln Memorial, he tries to disrupt a Saturday Mass.  Link

Fortunately, the security detail prevented them from doing so.  smdh

I might edit my last post to include him being an a**hole too. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’ll tell you where my perspective comes from. It comes from being an educator who has taken students on a field trip. First, with this political climate, I’d have never taken students to a political march. I realize that being a faith based school that this issue could be important to them; however, they could have organized a march in their own town. This would have been a much better educational experience for the students. Second, as a chaperone I would never have let my students approach a group yelling derogatory comments as Covington’s chaperones allowed.

Elle, you and everyone here know this never happened.

Then to make it worse they allowed the students to counter by their own chants. One student even removed his shirt while yelling. I’d have taken my students away from that situation rather than thrust them into it. This was a preventable situation had the school behaved appropriately. But instead they allowed students to behave in a disrespectful fashion. That speaks in a loud volume to the culture at Covington. 

You are so full of crap. You know those kids did nothing of the kind. The video shows THEY WERE approached by the NA Group. The taunting has been debunked as well. The HI Group was there and the kids did not return fire with all the craziness they were getting. I often wonder of some of my folks on the left arent as crazy as Trump. 

Archived