March for life coverage

japantiger

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My point stands, Jerk.

I hope you get what you want ASAP regarding abortion legislation. 

(Still waiting on that "lie" quote.)

Image may contain: 2 people, suit and text

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m saying a woman didn’t get pregnant on her own. There was a male sperm donor. No one seems to acknowledge that when condemning abortion. All the blame is cast on the female. If a woman gets pregnant and the father doesn’t want to support the child, then the burden of proof falls to her as well as the expense. And Republicans march around like they give a **** about babies but support every policy that harms children. I haven’t seen one self proclaimed pro life politician do jack about kids getting massacred with guns. Heck when it comes right down to it, have you seen them even attempt to abolish abortion? NO, then they wouldn’t have that tool to manipulate voters into voting against their own interests.

Breaking news........life is sexually transmitted........and ANYONE who destroys it is a killer.

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am talking about the image, which, like it or not, exists independently of any background story. 

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

My point is that iconic photos convey a truth of the moment that stands in it's own right, independent of the back story behind them

This is some of the silliest garbage I've ever read. A photo taken out of context is the same as a statement taken out of context. Both are subject to lies and used to give false impressions. No event exists in a vacuum.

14 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m saying a woman didn’t get pregnant on her own. There was a male sperm donor. No one seems to acknowledge that when condemning abortion. All the blame is cast on the female. If a woman gets pregnant and the father doesn’t want to support the child, then the burden of proof falls to her as well as the expense. And Republicans march around like they give a **** about babies but support every policy that harms children. I haven’t seen one self proclaimed pro life politician do jack about kids getting massacred with guns. Heck when it comes right down to it, have you seen them even attempt to abolish abortion? NO, then they wouldn’t have that tool to manipulate voters into voting against their own interests.

Ok I was just making sure I understood. Carry on! Ha

On 1/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, GiveEmElle said:

I think Nathan Phillips provided an eye witness perspective. What you fail to note is the school apologized for the behavior of the students which indicates they knew that the students had done wrong and weren’t being mischaracterized since they would have had witnesses there who would have observedstudents behaviors. 

Really????

You really are from "Talking Points Uber Alles!" 

On 1/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, aubearcat said:

I don’t approve or disapprove of this video. It’s just a different perspective. 

Elle, I didnt know you supported homophobia. Sad to hear it.

Elle is a homophobe......so sad.

Money at 1:10 and after.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Elle, I didnt know you supported homophobia. Sad to hear it.

Elle is a homophobe......so sad.

?

On 1/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Nathan Phillips is the NA drummer. He is a Vietnam Vet and an activist for NA rights. What about his statement do you feel is misleading? He stated HE moved in between students and the Israelite group whom he said were insulting the HS group. And considering that the Catholics have constantly defended and covered up sexual assault despite international outrage , I’d say an apology by them says quite a lot. 

Drums are a part of NA culture so this isn’t the equivalent of a threat as you’d like to spin it. False equivalency, look it up. The chaperones of this group of kids should have never allowed them to approach a group of protesters. Does Turn the other cheek sound like something a Christian school would practice? I’m sorry but when you are an educator you don’t let students walk into a situation that could potentially be dangerous. In this political environment, I would have been leery to even take students to a political event. Activism can be taught in your own community. 

Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t wear a hat with a slogan by a racist and stand in front of a brown person smirking. 

I humbly invite you and your intentionally screwed perspective to sthu. I lost ALL respect for you with this. You KNOW YOU ARE WRONG and still spit venom. Truth be known the kids were the ones harassed here and anyone with two living brain cells in their heads has figured that out. You still bitterly cling to the disproven excrement-laden talking points.  

Elle, what happened to you?

On 1/20/2019 at 11:53 PM, GiveEmElle said:

You’re obsessed with false equivalencies. 

If you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t politically support one. I’m white and I’m not labeled a racist. 

You do apparently support homophobia tho....

17 hours ago, Grumps said:

Wow! You are so woke! I can assure you that you are labeled a racist by many, but you are free to believe anything you want and wear any hat you want.

This is lmao funny...Post of the Day!

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Has it really got to the point where we feel compelled to publish graphic photos of infants and children who have been drowned/dismembered/burned/starved/ etc., to support a political position?

As a forum, I don't think we should sink that low.  Things are bad enough as is.

First Amendment be damned.....

Afterall, a picture is what it is, according to HOMEY. You should be the leading advocate FOR the publication of pictures of Dead Babies of Abortion. According to you, if the public sees it, even if it is a lie, then "it is what it is." So how can you be against pictures of dead babies?

You are truly not making any sense here...UNLESS...It's only okay if it benefits YOUR argument. 

So, in a very rare moment of crystalline clarity either:

1) All pics, even of lies, are okay to publish and use to disparage anyone. Pics can be cemented into the public's mind and therefore are okay, even if lies.

or

2) But we cant allow pics that offend Snowflake Liberals because they are unfair. But outright lies are allowable "good things" when they support Snowflake Liberalism. But pictures that tell the truth are "bad things" when they do not support Snowflake Liberalism.

Somewhere in history there is someone so proud of you...

Image result for goebbels

44 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

?

She is supporting the homphobes in the video that the students were nonviolently interacting with. 

Go back and watch from about 1:10 on

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is some of the silliest garbage I've ever read. A photo taken out of context is the same as a statement taken out of context. Both are subject to lies and used to give false impressions. No event exists in a vacuum.

That's because you are an ignorant oaf who knows nothing about the art of photography. You are lumping all forms of photography - snapshots, documentary, selfies - together. You don't understand the point I am making about some photos transcending these categories into art. This is one of those photos.  I expect to see it on the cover of Time.

Here's some instruction for you (as if it would penetrate your sensibility):

https://petapixel.com/2014/05/29/70-inspirational-quotes-photographers/

The most relevant to this discussion:

• “In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
    Alfred Stieglitz
  • “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.”
    Robert Frank
  • “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
    Anonymous
  • “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”
    Scott Lorenzo
  • “Photography is truth.”
    Jean-Luc Godard
  • “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
    Diane Arbus
  • “The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
    Elliott Erwitt
  • “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.”
    Irving Penn
  • “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.”
    Matt Hardy

17 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

First Amendment be damned.....

**** you, you don't "get" it either. 

I never said all photos are the same.

I never said all photos transcend what they were meant to do into art. 

I never said Japan didn't have a right to post whatever he wanted, at least as long as the forum moderators are OK with it.

You continue to lie with your 'begging-the-question' statements.  You are a despicable little weasel for doing so.

A few brief quotes from the teen. 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's because you are an ignorant oaf who knows nothing about the art of photography. You are lumping all forms of photography - snapshots, documentary, selfies - together. You don't understand the point I am making about some photos transcending these categories into art. This is one of those photos.  I expect to see it on the cover of Time.

Here's some instruction for you (as if it would penetrate your sensibility):

https://petapixel.com/2014/05/29/70-inspirational-quotes-photographers/

The most relevant to this discussion:

• “In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
    Alfred Stieglitz
  • “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.”
    Robert Frank
  • “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
    Anonymous
  • “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”
    Scott Lorenzo
  • “Photography is truth.”
    Jean-Luc Godard
  • “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
    Diane Arbus
  • “The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
    Elliott Erwitt
  • “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.”
    Irving Penn
  • “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.”
    Matt Hardy

Image result for pile of shit

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

**** you, you don't "get" it either. 

You continue to lie.

And you continue down the path to addle minded dementia...

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

And you continue down the path to addle minded dementia...

And you continue to lie.

I never said Japan didn't have a right to post whatever he wanted, at least as long as the forum moderators are OK with it.

You continue to lie with your 'begging-the-question' statements.  You are a despicable little weasel for doing so.

Archived