March for life coverage

japantiger

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are a self-parody.  ;D

(But you've done better work.)

As usual Homey; please point out the factual error....

Let me tell everyone how this is going to go...I pointed out 2 factual points.  Homey knows they are true.  He will respond with something completely unrelated in trying to deflect from the facts presented in hopes that the conversation then goes another direction and doesn't reinforce the point that Democrats change sides more than the Italians and French do in world wars.... I will then respond; "thank you for conceding my points" and then we will go on to the next topic.

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

LMAO. I THINK homie is a retarded bammer.

No No No...PT you have gone too far and entered into slander territory now.  I will defend Homey to the death on this one....he is not a Bammer...

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

As usual Homey; please point out the factual error....

Let me tell everyone how this is going to go...I pointed out 2 factual points.  Homey knows they are true.  He will respond with something completely unrelated in trying to deflect from the facts presented in hopes that the conversation then goes another direction and doesn't reinforce the point that Democrats change sides more than the Italians and French do in world wars.... I will then respond; "thank you for conceding my points" and then we will go on to the next topic.

I try not to make a habit of dignifying such extreme hyperbole with a response.  I just enjoy it. ;)

7 minutes ago, japantiger said:

No No No...PT you have gone too far and entered into slander territory now.  I will defend Homey to the death on this one....he is not a Bammer...

Thank you.  Even us baby killers and MS-13 supporters deserve better than that. ;)

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Took me a minute to get your subtly. Bet homie won't.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I try not to make a habit of dignifying such extreme hyperbole with a response.  I just enjoy it. ;)

Thank you for conceding my point....carry on...

29 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Thank you for conceding my point....carry on...

OK then, I'll play.

What were the "two factual points" you made?  Just highlight them:

"Seriously, consistency is not a challenge with being a member of the Uber-left....this week they've institutionalized that killing babies up until birth is a right in their liberal utopia of NY; but building a wall to keep out drug trafficers and MS13 gang members is immoral....attacking a HS kid in FL after he makes public comments is wrong; but attacking and making death threats to  Catholic kids in KY who did nothing; absolutely nothing; is a cause-celeb' and is trumpeted by every major liberal leader and the entire press corp....of course Homey will never change...well, unless you mean his POV; in which case it will change according to the current talking points." 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Again, I posted two articles that discuss the implied meaning of MAGA.  It's exactly why it is so appealing to white supremacists, it implies a return to well, white supremacy, which is a feature of pretty much all of our past.  (Hint: key word is "AGAIN")

And people will think - or assume - you are racist for flying the Conferate battle flag because 1) that flag originally represented the fight to preserve slavery and 2) it was adopted by those opposing basic civil rights and equality for blacks (largely due to reason #1).

But you are right, no one will know for sure if you are racist by flying it, but if it walks like duck.......

And none of this is "insanity", it's just basic human nature and common sense.  You wouldn't expect to wear a swastika (for example) and not have people assume you have nazi or white supremacist views.  You may not think that's fair, but it's certainly not "insane".

It is insanity. When a KID wearing a MAGA hat is deemed a racist and is vilified by the media and social media for inciting violence against a Vietnam Veteran.(who really never fought in Vietnam but that is ok too)  (BUT totally ignores the comments leveled at the kids by  the Black Israelite group.. once again it is ok to call the kids white a$$ crackers.. and fagots.... moving on..)  Everyone (CELEBRITIES on TWITTER included) turns out to trash this kid, his school, his family, death threats, bomb threats.. kill this kid, punch this kid in the face .. (A CNN EMPLOYEE actually asked if you had EVER seen a more punch-able face than this kids??? )  etc. BUT oh wait.. It is not as it seems. This kid did nothing wrong. Move along.. nothing to see here..   BUT OH WAIT we have to go find dirt on this Covington Catholic School we can't just apologize for jumping to conclusions and move on for Gods sake.. the kid was wearing a MAGA hat you know he is a racist.... Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist. Period End of Story. That is your way of thinking and that is insanity at every level.

22 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

It is insanity. When a KID wearing a MAGA hat is deemed a racist and is vilified by the media and social media for inciting violence against a Vietnam Veteran.(who really never fought in Vietnam but that is ok too)  (BUT totally ignores the comments leveled at the kids by  the Black Israelite group.. once again it is ok to call the kids white a$$ crackers.. and fagots.... moving on..)  Everyone (CELEBRITIES on TWITTER included) turns out to trash this kid, his school, his family, death threats, bomb threats.. kill this kid, punch this kid in the face .. (A CNN EMPLOYEE actually asked if you had EVER seen a more punch-able face than this kids??? )  etc. BUT oh wait.. It is not as it seems. This kid did nothing wrong. Move along.. nothing to see here..   BUT OH WAIT we have to go find dirt on this Covington Catholic School we can't just apologize for jumping to conclusions and move on for Gods sake.. the kid was wearing a MAGA hat you know he is a racist.... Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist. Period End of Story. That is your way of thinking and that is insanity at every level.

Blah blah blah.   Nothing you said above disputes anything I have said. 

I haven't heard anyone defending the "Black Israelite Group".  That's a red herring.

I have already suggested that his wearing of a MAGA hat was a youthful indiscretion.  (In fact, he himself admitted it was a mistake in an interview.)  

Regardless, and unfortunately for him, the imagery and message of wearing it exists regardless of his intent.  Exactly like the imagery and message of the photo exists regardless of his intent.  You may not think that's fair, but it's the way it is.

And, again, I personally never "bought into" the background story one way or the other beyond the photo, which speaks for itself.

The association of racism and white supremacy with MAGA is what it is.  If you support Trump,"in any way", it doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but you are associating yourself with a movement and motto (MAGA) that is racist, just as flying the Confederate battle flag on your porch, or wearing swastikas.

Another article on the subject of MAGA symbolism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-maga-hat-is-not-a-statement-of-policy-its-an-inflammatory-declaration-of-identity/2019/01/23/9fe84bc0-1f39-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.8a686e1cdca6

The MAGA hat is not a statement of policy. It’s an inflammatory declaration of identity.

...........In the beginning, the MAGA hat had multiple meanings and nuance. It could reasonably be argued that it was about foreign policy or tax cuts, social conservatism, the working class or a celebration of small-town life. But the definition has evolved. The rosy nostalgia has turned specious and rank. There’s nothing banal or benign about the hat, no matter its wearer’s intent. It was weaponized by the punch-throwing Trump rallygoers, the Charlottesville white supremacists, Trump’s nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Kanye West and proponents of the wall, the wall, the wall.

To wear the hat is to take on history and divisiveness. Because whatever personal meaning might be attached to the hat, the new broader cultural meaning overrides. It is too late to save the hat from this fate. And it’s too soon to try to reclaim it and give it new life...............

The hat has become a symbol of us vs. them, of exclusion and suspicion, of garrulous narcissism, of white male privilege, of violence and hate. For minorities and the disenfranchised, it can spark a kind of gut-level disgust that brings ancestral ghosts to the fore. And here, in 2019, their painful past is present.

The MAGA hat speaks to America’s greatness with lies of omission and contortion. To wear a MAGA hat is to wrap oneself in a Confederate flag. The look may be more modern and the fit more precise, but it’s just as woeful and ugly.......

And another direct association of the term MAGA with racism:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-maga-gang-plots-to-murder-muslims-in-islamberg-after-fox-fans-fear-flames?ref=home

https://www.thedailybeast.com/islamberg-muslim-massacre-plot-suspect-invited-trump-to-his-eagle-scout-ceremony/

image.png

I just went to Amazon to buy a MAGA hat...I suddenly feel the need to wear one wherever I go if it pisses this many people off....of course while I drive my truck with my "Veto Beto" bumper sticker....

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Didn't follow your argument of "inconsistency" there.  As a law student, you should do better.

And I didn't say anything about being "wise" so I don't know why you quoted it.  I note that you also cannot refrain from the ad hominem insult.  Hate to tell you, but being called and "old fart" doesn't bother me, in fact, I own it.  ;D

Here's hoping you do change, which is likely as you gradually mature.

Ha! My highlight of your unworkable and senseless logic is undoubtedly clear, and you know it. Here's another one of your inconsistencies... 

Homer: "As a law student, you should do better."

*two sentences later*

Homer: "I note that you also cannot refrain from the ad hominem insult."

P.S. For your sake, maybe I will mature fairly quickly so you will not have to worry about me continually poking holes in your claims.

Hey @Proud Tiger, this lunch tastes good. 

42 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I just went to Amazon to buy a MAGA hat...I suddenly feel the need to wear one wherever I go if it pisses this many people off....of course while I drive my truck with my "Veto Beto" bumper sticker....

Bestow upon us a selfie so we can immediately encounter the independent truth it reveals irrespective of context!

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ha! My highlight of your unworkable and senseless logic is undoubtedly clear, and you know it. Here's another one of your inconsistencies... 

Homer: "As a law student, you should do better."

*two sentences later*

Homer: "I note that you also cannot refrain from the ad hominem insult."

P.S. For your sake, maybe I will mature fairly quickly so you will not have to worry about me continually poking holes in your claims.

Hey @Proud Tiger, this lunch tastes good. 

Nice

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I haven't heard anyone defending the "Black Israelite Group".  That's a red herring.

I have already suggested that his wearing of a MAGA hat was a youthful indiscretion.  (In fact, he himself admitted it was a mistake in an interview.)  

Regardless, and unfortunately for him, the imagery and message of wearing it exists regardless of his intent.  Exactly like the imagery and message of the photo exists regardless of his intent.  You may not think that's fair, but it's the way it is.

And, again, I personally never "bought into" the background story one way or the other beyond the photo, which speaks for itself.

The association of racism and white supremacy with MAGA is what it is.  If you support Trump,"in any way", it doesn't necessarily mean you are racist, but you are associating yourself with a movement and motto (MAGA) that is racist, just as flying the Confederate battle flag on your porch, or wearing swastikas.

Another article on the subject of MAGA symbolism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-maga-hat-is-not-a-statement-of-policy-its-an-inflammatory-declaration-of-identity/2019/01/23/9fe84bc0-1f39-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.8a686e1cdca6

The MAGA hat is not a statement of policy. It’s an inflammatory declaration of identity.

...........In the beginning, the MAGA hat had multiple meanings and nuance. It could reasonably be argued that it was about foreign policy or tax cuts, social conservatism, the working class or a celebration of small-town life. But the definition has evolved. The rosy nostalgia has turned specious and rank. There’s nothing banal or benign about the hat, no matter its wearer’s intent. It was weaponized by the punch-throwing Trump rallygoers, the Charlottesville white supremacists, Trump’s nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Kanye West and proponents of the wall, the wall, the wall.

To wear the hat is to take on history and divisiveness. Because whatever personal meaning might be attached to the hat, the new broader cultural meaning overrides. It is too late to save the hat from this fate. And it’s too soon to try to reclaim it and give it new life...............

The hat has become a symbol of us vs. them, of exclusion and suspicion, of garrulous narcissism, of white male privilege, of violence and hate. For minorities and the disenfranchised, it can spark a kind of gut-level disgust that brings ancestral ghosts to the fore. And here, in 2019, their painful past is present.

The MAGA hat speaks to America’s greatness with lies of omission and contortion. To wear a MAGA hat is to wrap oneself in a Confederate flag. The look may be more modern and the fit more precise, but it’s just as woeful and ugly.......

And another direct association of the term MAGA with racism:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-maga-gang-plots-to-murder-muslims-in-islamberg-after-fox-fans-fear-flames?ref=home

https://www.thedailybeast.com/islamberg-muslim-massacre-plot-suspect-invited-trump-to-his-eagle-scout-ceremony/

image.png

Blah blah blah. You have said nothing to disprove anything I have said either. You feel like it is ok to harass people who have different political views than you do, and a hat can trigger emotions and cause meltdowns. It can also cause people to label you as a racist. I fought for this country so that YOU can have those views. I would gladly fight again so that everyone can have their own opinions.. views.. and political affiliations. My point is and was that a group of kids were verbally abused in our nations capital while waiting for a bus.. another group of grown ass men and women verbally abuse them and get in their face... and the kids are somehow wrong and the people insulting them are hero’s. SMDH at the fact that somehow these kids were in the wrong and they got what they deserved because of a hat. Brilliant. 

As for all your articles please go find one article that isn’t slanted to your point of view written by a liberal. Find a middle of the road journalist wait.. they don’t exist anymore they all have agendas left and right. BUT I can go find the statements of liberals saying they rushed to judgement on these kids just because they want Trump out.. that is the real issue. Sad and pathetic. 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

You might want to look harder because there's always someone willing to defend garbage, especially if the opposition to them are MAGA hat wearing Catholic school kids. 

This article is apologetic and is trying to rationalize a hate group.

Dating back more than a century, the theology is difficult to define today because the movement is split into dozens of semiautonomous groups. In general, adherents contend that race does not exist, and so they eschew being referred to as black or categorizing anyone else by race. They group people instead based on what they call nations, believing that there are 12 tribes among God’s chosen people. White people are not among those tribes, they believe, and will therefore be servants when Christ returns to Earth.

That's wording it far too kindly, what they mean are according to their beliefs that white people will be enslaved when Christ returns, not just 'servants'. 

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist groups, categorized at least 80 groups nationwide that follow Hebrew Israelite theology as hate groups. They account for about a third of the organizations that the center considered black nationalist groups in 2017.

The number of black nationalist groups has been increasing in response to President Trump, said Heidi Beirich, who oversees the center’s tracking of hate groups. These groups are able to use things like the president’s disparaging remarks about predominantly black countries and his abandonment of civil rights reforms to recruit new members, she said. They argue that the best response to the evils of government is to separate and form their own institutions, Ms. Beirich said.

That is not necessarily a radical idea for many black people. But Ms. Beirich said that groups like Hebrew Israelites were also anti-gay, anti-white and anti-Semitic. They believe that they are the actual descendants of Israelites in the Bible, not white Jews.

“These are really fringe movements, and they’re also very different than white nationalist groups that have access to power,” Ms. Beirich said. “This kind of thinking arose in reaction to white supremacy and the abuse and exploitation of black people.”

Even though their style might be intimidating, Ms. Beirich said that Hebrew Israelites did not have a history of violence. (Yeah so they curse at you and harass you, which is so much better :rolleyes:)

Nick Sandmann, one of the Catholic school students at the center of the controversy, told NBC that he felt threatened by the Hebrew Israelites. “They were a group of adults, and I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next,” he said in an interview broadcast on Wednesday.

To many black people, Hebrew Israelites are a harmless part of their communities, said Todd Boyd, a professor of race and pop culture at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, one of many cities where the group can be seen working the streets. More alarming to many African Americans, he said, is “seeing a white guy in a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

On 1/20/2019 at 10:35 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Nathan Phillips is the NA drummer. He is a Vietnam Vet and an activist for NA rights. What about his statement do you feel is misleading? He stated HE moved in between students and the Israelite group whom he said were insulting the HS group. And considering that the Catholics have constantly defended and covered up sexual assault despite international outrage , I’d say an apology by them says quite a lot. 

Drums are a part of NA culture so this isn’t the equivalent of a threat as you’d like to spin it. False equivalency, look it up. The chaperones of this group of kids should have never allowed them to approach a group of protesters. Does Turn the other cheek sound like something a Christian school would practice? I’m sorry but when you are an educator you don’t let students walk into a situation that could potentially be dangerous. In this political environment, I would have been leery to even take students to a political event. Activism can be taught in your own community. 

Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t wear a hat with a slogan by a racist and stand in front of a brown person smirking. 

LMAO, let's see if you can top this level of stupidity. I don't think you can, but I've said that about multiple of your posts over the years and you continue to astound. Please give me something to top my current sig, it's been there too long. That last sentence is close, but not a winner.

21 hours ago, AuMarine said:

You're not a very good listener.

16 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You might want to look harder because there's always someone willing to defend garbage, especially if the opposition to them are MAGA hat wearing Catholic school kids. 

This article is apologetic and is trying to rationalize a hate group.

That's wording it far too kindly, what they mean are according to their beliefs that white people will be enslaved when Christ returns, not just 'servants'. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

It's a major stretch to call that "support".

Secondly, I was referring to anyone on this forum.  But to your point, I have seen no support for the actions of these folks in the popular press.

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

You have selective hearing. You hear only what you want to hear. 

That seem to the least of his problems.

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

You have selective hearing. You hear only what you want to hear. 

No, that's not true. 

You said: "Once again I go back to if you wear a MAGA hat.. if you support Trump in any way.. you are a racist."

But, maybe I did misunderstand.  Were you referring to anything I - or anyone else for that matter - posted on this thread?

Are were you speaking generally, simply expressing a personal angst?

Archived