March for life coverage

japantiger

34 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The kids weren't doing anything. Why did nobody move the Black Hebrew Israelites or the NA group away from the kids? Nathan Phillips got in the kid's face and the NA group approached them. You've got a million excuses for these sorry 'adults' but these kids need to behave? What a cop out.  

The kids are waiting on their bus to leave. These kids have been trashed because people see the MAGA hat and that overrides everything else for them. The fact that you're holding kids to a higher standard than grown ass adults is telling. 

If anybody had called Nathan Phillips 'beastly' there's not a 1% chance in my mind that you wouldn't call that racist or offensive. But call a bunch of white kids wearing MAGA hats beastly and it's ok. You'll make excuses that the kids should have moved to a different area. lol

Think what the press and the democrats have done this week...

-- The Cohen bombshell...that of course wasn't

-- Covington kids are deliberately targeted and doxed based on a lie...a deliberate and malicious lie....and top it off, the liberal darling Native American is a liar and fraud

-- the VPs wife is targeted and called am extremist for teaching, God forbid...God!, to students in a Christian school...

-- NY Dems applauded...yelled and applauded, adding abortion to their constitution and eliminated protections for the unborn and now allows non medical personnel to perform abortions....they applauded this ... 

Banner week guys...I'd be concerned for our future but found out from the new  Democrat Einstein that we'll all be dead in 12 years anyway from global warming....so no real need to sweat it...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

You and PT go directly to the personal insults.

You are a big one to talk about personal insults........hypocrite.

Oh and I thought you had me on ignore. Lying again.

54 minutes ago, japantiger said:

God bless you Gaucho....sorry for your loss AU...losing a brother is tough....still miss talking to mine...

Thanks, I do miss him.  He wouldn't ever talk about his experiences unless you asked him directly, and was always quick to remind us of the ones that didn't come back being the real heroes.  He relayed to me once that half of his graduating flying class didn't make it back home.  Anyways, on that happy note -- his remains are now resting comfortably at Barrancas and I will be sure to visit him the next time I get down that way!   

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's because you are an ignorant oaf who knows nothing about the art of photography. You are lumping all forms of photography - snapshots, documentary, selfies - together. You don't understand the point I am making about some photos transcending these categories into art. This is one of those photos.  I expect to see it on the cover of Time.

Here's some instruction for you (as if it would penetrate your sensibility):

https://petapixel.com/2014/05/29/70-inspirational-quotes-photographers/

The most relevant to this discussion:

• “In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
    Alfred Stieglitz
  • “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.”
    Robert Frank
  • “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
    Anonymous
  • “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”
    Scott Lorenzo
  • “Photography is truth.”
    Jean-Luc Godard
  • “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.”
    Diane Arbus
  • “The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
    Elliott Erwitt
  • “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.”
    Irving Penn
  • “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.”
    Matt Hardy

BS.  A lie is a lie, whether presented as a photograph, video or the written word. About people not understanding your position: It's so simple even a cave man could see what you've failed to sell.

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

my folks on the left are as crazy as Trump. 

FIFY. Yes, yes they are. Idealogues have taken over politics. I’m moderately conservative and that’s basically how I’m labeled politically because I’m unabashedly pro-life. Otherwise, many of my friends “tease” me and call me a liberal. 

There are two in this thread that still, with every video that’s been released, still think a teenage boy is somehow at fault and places nothing at the feet of the grown man. Phillips was obviously antagonizing the teen and he did nothing but “smirk”? Oh the horror!

The conservatives and liberals will take any snipette of anything and latch onto to further a political agenda be damned what the facts are. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

BS.  A lie is a lie, whether presented as a photograph, video or the written word. About people not understanding your position: It's so simple even a cave man could see what you've failed to sell.

OK fine.

Have it your way:  The kid is not standing aggressively close to the other guy. He does not have a smirk on his face.  And he is not wearing a MAGA hat.

Feel better now?

Standing aggressively 😆😂🤣! He’s really bladed off there and using the ole false equivalence. A MAGA does not equal a Confederate flag, a broken Nazi cross, a New Black Panther Party item (the term Make America Great Again was also commonly used by Reagan and Clinton). 

29 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Standing aggressively 😆😂🤣! He’s really bladed off there and using the ole false equivalence. A MAGA does not equal a Confederate flag, a broken Nazi cross, a New Black Panther Party item (the term Make America Great Again was also commonly used by Reagan and Clinton). 

No, he's not standing aggressively close. 

And MAGA has not become the latest symbol of racism - just as the Confederate battle flag is all about "heritage" and not about racism.

Happy now?

I do have one question though:  Speaking of MAGA, the phrase make America great again clearly implies it was once greater than it is now. 

When was that exactly, and why?

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, he's not standing aggressively close. 

And MAGA has not become the latest symbol of racism - just as the Confederate battle flag is all about "heritage" and not about racism.

Happy now?

I do have one question though:  Speaking of MAGA, the phrase make America great again clearly implies it was once greater than it is now. 

When was that exactly, and why?

I personally feel that America has always been and is still great. One of the youngest yet most influential nations in the world. I was simply stating that it’s a term that has been parroted by politicians as a campaign slogan for many years. I think it’s being misappropriated as a “racist” or whatever slogan now because America is also the land of the offended. As far as standing “aggressively close” Phillips walked into the personal space of the kid. I think the kid showed restraint by not saying anything and not doing anything other than “smirking” while Phillips appears to be antagonizing him. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Palm away ICHY you’re one of the guilty. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I personally feel that America has always been and is still great. One of the youngest yet most influential nations in the world. I was simply stating that it’s a term that has been parroted by politicians as a campaign slogan for many years. I think it’s being misappropriated as a “racist” or whatever slogan now because America is also the land of the offended. As far as standing “aggressively close” Phillips walked into the personal space of the kid. I think the kid showed restraint by not saying anything and not doing anything other than “smirking” while Phillips appears to be antagonizing him. 

Kind of like the Confederate battle flag was "misappropriated"?

Just now, homersapien said:

Two separate things entirely. As you like to say so often, “false equivalency”. 

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Also, even if he’d been wearing an offensive article of clothing, he still did NOTHING wrong. He stood stoically (with a smirk or whatever) while a grown man walked into his space within inches of his face. Your point of argument makes it seem as if you believe it’s okay for the kid to receive all the unjust treatment he and his school has received because he had on a hat you don’t like.  

I pose this question for you or any other that continues to believe that the students are in the wrong, should Phillips not receive any blame or responsibility. If not, why?

22 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Two separate things entirely. As you like to say so often, “false equivalency”. 

The are nevertheless analogous.

MAGA! seems to mean one thing to Trump supporters while representing racism/white supremacy to many non-Trump supporters.

The only difference between that and the Confederate battle flag is the reason why flag supporters esteem it has been exhaustively articulated (even if bogus).  Whereas, I have yet to hear MAGA! explained by Trump supporters.

The reasons both are often seen as symbols of white supremacy and racism is self-apparent.

MAGA! hats are the new Confederate battle flag, like it or not.

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Also, even if he’d been wearing an offensive article of clothing, he still did NOTHING wrong. He stood stoically (with a smirk or whatever) while a grown man walked into his space within inches of his face. Your point of argument makes it seem as if you believe it’s okay for the kid to receive all the unjust treatment he and his school has received because he had on a hat you don’t like.  

I pose this question for you or any other that continues to believe that the students are in the wrong, should Phillips not receive any blame or responsibility. If not, why?

All I have commented on is the photo.  No one seems to get that.

If he allowed himself to be played, that's on him. I think he even said himself he should have turned and walked away.

And wearing the MAGA! hat was a mistake, although a completely understandable one considering his youth.

An interesting essay on what MAGA means.

https://www.thenation.com/article/what-trump-really-means-when-he-says-hell-make-america-great-again/

What Trump Really Means When He Says He’ll Make America Great Again

Donald Trump is the first candidate to run on a platform openly stating that America is in decline.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

All I have commented on is the photo.  No one seems to get that.

If he allowed himself to be played, that's on him. I think he even said himself he should have turned and walked away.

And wearing the MAGA! hat was a mistake, although a completely understandable one considering his youth.

Youth is the key part. I don’t believe you can hold a 15-16 yo responsible for being “played” by a grown man. That’s why you can’t enter into legal contracts until a certain age. It’s because people will prey on the young and inexperienced and “play” them which is exactly what Phillips was apparently doing. He attempted, it seems, to entice the kids into a confrontational situation and use it for his agenda. 

It is a sad and pathetic state we are in when a hat is used to label people. "MAGA hats are the new Confederate Battle Flag like it or not"? Honestly where does this crap come from?  A hat.. a f' in hat can cause people this much pain?  What exactly does wearing a MAGA hat make you? If you wear a MAGA hat you are........ what exactly? 

9 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

It is a sad and pathetic state we are in when a hat is used to label people. "MAGA hats are the new Confederate Battle Flag like it or not"? Honestly where does this crap come from?  A hat.. a f' in hat can cause people this much pain?  What exactly does wearing a MAGA hat make you? If you wear a MAGA hat you are........ what exactly? 

I guess it turns folks like homie into severe reaction with a side effect of further delusion.

Question.....why are so many concerned about Nathan Phillips but have no problem with still keeping thousands of Native Americans on reservations?

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Youth is the key part. I don’t believe you can hold a 15-16 yo responsible for being “played” by a grown man. That’s why you can’t enter into legal contracts until a certain age. It’s because people will prey on the young and inexperienced and “play” them which is exactly what Phillips was apparently doing. He attempted, it seems, to entice the kids into a confrontational situation and use it for his agenda. 

I don't disagree with any of that.  Those kids really didn't have any business being there in the first place.

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

I comes from having racists and white supremacists adopting it due to the implied messaging.  (It certainly has nothing to do with a hat "causing pain". :-\)

It's really not that complicated.

Here's a more detailed explanation (emphasis mine):

..........."Have at it. Choose whichever facts that will fuel your outrage. But I won't get involved in that because the debate threatens to obscure a broader, more important truth, that we are living through what feels like a "back to the back of the bus" moment for many people of color.

That's why those MAGA hats matter.

That's why it matters that they were young white men representing the Christian faith supposedly for a march to emphasis the sanctity of all life -- while wearing those hats.

It matters that this occurred under a President who won his office by openly spouting bigoted rhetoric, who kicked off his campaign saying Mexican immigrants were rapists and bringing crime, after spending several years spreading the bigoted conspiracy that the first black President wasn't fully American, and who defended white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia, as good people.

That context cannot be divorced from the image of the MAGA hat any more than the Confederate flag can be divorced from the brutality of chattel slavery. And yet, every Donald Trump apologist will try to say otherwise -- that it's just a hat, or that it is worn by different people for different reasons. How do I know? Because I've listened to similar excuses in my native South Carolina about those who wear or fly the Confederate flag. They do so to honor their ancestors, I've been told, or to embrace Southern heritage, or because they are exercising their First Amendment rights.

The MAGA hat, like the Confederate flag, wouldn't elicit outraged reactions if it were only a piece of cloth that harkened back to bygone days never to be relived. But it isn't. It is a signifier for those who believe America was great during some point in the past they dare not name, knowing if they do, it would reveal a time when it was worse for people of color. When was America "great"? When millions of black people were slaves? When hundreds of thousands of black men were sold to US companies via convict leasing? Maybe during the heart of Jim Crow, the height of lynching, or when black people struggling with drug addictions were viewed as criminals to be controlled, not fellow human beings needing help?

The Confederate flag wouldn't elicit such outrage if that flag didn't fly on statehouse lawns and in statehouse buildings and in other public spaces for so many decades, even into the 21st century. But it did, and does. That MAGA hat wouldn't elicit such outrage if Trump were just a man who used bigotry for his own ends, and a reality TV star instead of President of the United States. But he is President of the United States............

Archived