Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We're only down 6 with TN shooting like crazy and some really bad missed calls ... I'll take it. Lets hope for another comeback in the second half.

Could be down a possession or up at the half of it wasn’t called incorrectly on more than one occasion though. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

I saw a $100 bill hanging out of that refs pocket. Coincidence ?

I'm convinced a LOT of college basketball refs are working for Vegas as their primarty income. I hate it because I love basketball, but the refs make it hard to watch. Everything about the sport is sleazy right now.

We’ve played well. We’ve contested shots, they’ve just buried them nonetheless. Gotta think that will cool off some. We’ve also moved the ball very very well. Really encouraged by the first half- this team CAN play with anyone!! 

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We're only down 6 with TN shooting like crazy and some really bad missed calls ... I'll take it. Lets hope for another comeback in the second half.

I have no doubt after seeing the officiating all season, we're in for a completely different game this second half.

Smart basketball in the 2nd half with some better rebounding and we have a chance.  If the refs got their heads out of their respective rears that would be good too.

You know officiating is bad when the most calm, collected player on the team is having to be pulled away from the refs by coaches.

Those 2 calls against Harper have to be up there in the “worst calls in AU basketball history” list.

3 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Could be down a possession or up at the half of it wasn’t called incorrectly on more than one occasion though. 

Definitely agree. There were 3 possessions in the last several minutes. The weak hand check on Harper that resulted in a foul, then the drive from Harper where he got smashed on the drive, and then the BS blocking call on Harper. Hoping he goes off in the second half and scores 30 

Just now, AUFriction said:

You know officiating is bad when the most calm, collected player on the team is having to be pulled away from the refs by coaches.

Those 2 calls against Harper have to be up there in the “worst calls in AU basketball history” list.

Exactly!!! Ref knew he was full of it andharper wasn’t taking his bs. 

What is shocking to me is how our beat writers jump to the officials defense almost every time there has been a bad call this year

5 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I'm convinced a LOT of college basketball refs are working for Vegas as their primarty income. I hate it because I love basketball, but the refs make it hard to watch. Everything about the sport is sleazy right now.

There is some of that going on in college basketball to be sure.

6 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

It's WWE. Most games decided before the tipoff

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What is shocking to me is how our beat writers jump to the officials defense almost every time there has been a bad call this year

If you are talking about Marcelo, what he writes doesn’t count as journalism.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Exactly!!! Ref knew he was full of it andharper wasn’t taking his bs. 

Judging the by the body language I think Harper was being respectful, because the ref seemed to say it was okay.

But yes, Harper got screwed on those last couple possessions.

Just now, AUFriction said:

If you are talking about Marcelo, what he writes doesn’t count as journalism.

I’m talking about Josh Vitale

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Judging the by the body language I think Harper was being respectful, because the ref seemed to say it was okay.

But yes, Harper got screwed on those last couple possessions.

Agree he was but I have no doubt he wasn’t taking his “explanation” 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Oh. I thought vitale was better than most. He seemed to be noncommittal either way, which is better than most commentators.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Lots of journalists for Auburn seem to have a “holier than thou” attitude against Auburn fans. I don’t know I’m sure they’re great guys, but I notice that they kind of take shots at fans sometimes when fans are actually justified 

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Oh. I thought vitale was better than most. He seemed to be noncommittal either way, which is better than most commentators.

Harper lobs one for Dunbar and he's fouled.   FT good.  2nd good.    41-40. Let's go TIGERS!!!

Archived