Men vs. Tennessee - Championship

WarTiger

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Why can't we just enjoy an incredible weekend of Auburn sports without having any of these discussions period (not calling you out 64, just saying in general)? This is why I'm not going over to the football board for awhile, lol

Good point....

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My few thoughts after watching the second half of the game today (missed first half with family obligations):

-props to @cole256, his fam was a stud today just didnt get much help

-this AU team has a lot of heart/tenacity and I still think can beat anybody in the field if they play defense like I saw today

-anybody that doubts how good Okeke already is and how much potential he has is out of their damn mind

-Purifoy last 2-3 days finally starting to look like the player we (unrealistically) expected when he came back

-the set of circumstances that led BP to Auburn I'm sure was painful for him and I'm not sure how truly excited he was to land at Auburn initially but....damn if he isn't the best thing to happen to Auburn athletics in my lifetime (at least since Dye came and changed the culture/dynamic in football)

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes he did but I can tell you Allen in the short time he has been here saved us from our beloved President who was hell bent to fire Bruce after the Chuck Person crap hit the fan. 

THIS so much. Leath can kick rocks for this and the Malzahn contract that has handcuffed and crippled us. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The run is starting again (1st half). Gonna enjoy this stress free. Lol

Very easy to watch when you know the outcome. lol

What a game! What a team! This team had been missing something, but CBP was just getting them ready for March. The D is INCREDIBLE! If we can keep up this intensity we can beat anyone.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Didn't JJ hire all of these coaches?      Just wondering :dunno: 

Yes he did. However, the entire atmosphere/attitude around the Athletic Department has improved since Greene's arrival. That's got something to do with winning, it's just hard to quantify how much.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's good...….Glad he kept BP but it was JJ who went out on the limb to hire him.  but saw a couple disparaging comments about JJ along the way on posts today and just wondered ...why that was even necessary?  ....and why Greene is getting credit for the accomplishments of coaches he did not hire? .....just wondering.  

Folks can facepalm or whatever....but facts are facts....

Why would you pat JJ on the back for successes that wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for another guy? If Allen doesn’t exist, then the only thing BP has to show for is one semi final appearance that led to a 30 pt whooping...that’s literally it. The two seasons don’t show up 

Allen Greene has been the only sane mind in an office of village idiots if people still can’t understand why he gets his (deserved) credit. He’s the one trying to hear Gus’s side and get the football program moving up while the rest of the powers that be embarrassed the program to get a guy fired...and even failed at that (not to mention having no desire to pay for the football facilities needed to help their program succeed) 

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

beloved President

right off the bat,  the academics and BOT may like the guy, but i can promise you average fan does not because of his antics with BP.....i am happy to see AG serious about winning and i do think we got a gem in hiring him as AD....i don't mean to take issue with you 64 (and you are right about jughead hiring pearl) but anything was better than what we had

10 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

The replay is on sec network now, for anybody that wants to re-experience it. 

if you have a bspn subscription, you go to watchespn and watch it 24/7....i rewatched it right after it was over just to make sure i had not fell asleep and experiencing an erotic dream

Amazing game and effort by our players all weekend. The best thing for me is that the whole team got us here. Ever game is was someone new stepping up and making huge plays. Tennessee fans are going to have nightmares about Okeke draining threes for weeks to come. He has absolutely destroyed them the last 3 times we’ve played Tennessee. Love it! 

Javon Mccormick out of no where hero in this one. His play to end the season can’t be understated. Amazing job by him

love this so much for spencer and brown. They deserve this and I hope the enjoy the heck out of it. 

20 point beat down for the win. Never would have guessed that was even possible. Tennessee is a great team and we just dominated them in all phases. Freaking AUsome!!!!

So many guys deserve big time praise but J'Von McCormick deserves a special shoutout for how he held down the fort and gave us biiiiiiiig minutes in the first half. He was our X-factor and I've been very critical of him but he is finding himself in our system and at this level. Can't wait to see how he keeps progressing!

Enjoy Chuma for however many games we have left guys because he's putting too much on tape to be left out of the NBA draft. Dude is special.

Literally speechless. Anyone else keep going back to how painful it was to be an AU hoops fan over the years? This is indescribable. I'm heading down to the arena this afternoon to get started on Bruce's statue if anyone wants to help.

3 hours ago, WarNole said:

What a wonderful Team.

What a wonderful Coach.

What a wonderful feeling!

War Eagle !!!

:wareagle:

i have been listening to WJOX this morning (its actually listenable with barker gone) and its all AU basketball....people just gushing over how we played in the tournament

Archived