Men get New Mexico State as 5 seed

AU64

No easy routes I guess but hate to see us starting out west ….but both of our opponents are beatable....   If we deserve the #5  seeding we should be able to get by both opponents....but need to do it one game at a time. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU deserved at least a 4 seed. A 5th seed in Utah???   The NCAA is picking seeds based on fan base size and trying to improve TV ratings for the networks. 

If you are going to give us a 5 seed AT LEAST give us the easier road like what they gave Miss St. Just outrageous. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No easy routes I guess but hate to see us starting out west ….but both of our opponents are beatable....   If we deserve the #5  seeding we should be able to get by both opponents....but need to do it one game at a time. 

CBP will use this seeding to our advantage...only if he can keep them awake after the trip. What a crappy draw.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

This dude on CBS is a total moron - not Kellogg.

He went to Duke. You think he would be smarter. 

The goober on CBS picked NMS to beat us. Still seems to be little respect for our guys. 

Man-o-man am I pissed.  

I know the committee has a very tough job, but the crap they do year-after-year to the Big Ten and the SEC is beyond ridiculous.  They sent two messages AGAIN today: Neither the Big 10 or the SEC tournament matters.

No way were they a 6/7 before this run, so why even play? Nothing changed.

Auburn had nothing to gain by winning today, as evidenced by that sham of a seed. 

Tennessee probably didn't change either way even if they win, as evidenced by what the SC did to Michigan State, which won a reg season championship AND a tourniquet title, yet sits at a #2.

They pull this crap year-after-year-after year, and blatantly favor the ACC.  UNC a 1?  Good grief.

And to top it off, with that 5 seed they draw a NMSU team that is just a really bad matchup and could be a sweet 16 or better team.  

Just got to get after it and play like they were wronged, because they definitely were.

Enough bitching.  We can do this.  I like our draw to get to the Sweet 16.  UNC will be a tough matchup.  We can take NMS and Kansas.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wish we got Miss St draw. We got absolutely effed over. New Mexico St and potentially Kansas?! 7 wins in a row does nothing for the committee?! COME ON!!!! We have a hard road just to even win 1 game in the tourney. 

Yep would have been better as a 6 seed like I mentioned earlier lol. 

Potentially could face Kansas, UNC, Kentucky, Virginia, and Duke in consecutive games to win it.  I actually think NMSt will be tougher than Kansas.  I would love for Sweet 16 with UNC and see what happens. Just don't crap the bed this year. 

It’s a hell an opportunity in front of us though. Pull this off and this team is legendary  

Path to the final 4 is

a 30 win 12 seed playing what basically amountsto a home game

Kansas

UNC

UK

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Man-o-man am I pissed.  

I know the committee has a very tough job, but the crap they do year-after-year to the Big Ten and the SEC is beyond ridiculous.  They sent two messages AGAIN today: Niethre the Big 10 or the SEC tournament matters.

No way were they a 6/7 before this run, so why even play? Nothing changed.

Auburn had nothing to gain by winning today, as evidenced by that sham of a seed. No way were they a 6/7 before this run, so why even play? Nothing changed.

Tennessee probably didn't change either way even if they win, as evidenced by what the SC did to MIchigan State, which won a reg season championship AND a tournamnet title, yet sits at a #2.

They pull this crap year-after-year-after year, and blatantly favor the ACC.  UNC a 1?  Good grief.

And to top it off, with that 5 seed they draw a NMSU team that is just a really bad matchup and could be a sweet 16 or better team.  

Just got to get after it and play like they were wronged, because they definitely were.

Add the fact that we just played 4 games in 4 days and they give us a Thursday game in Salt Lake City. 

I think we'll make the Sweet 16.  But I also think we should have been a 4 seed.

26 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Ridiculous. We should have been a 4 seed. I wanted the Gonzaga bracket. The magic will have to continue for us to make it out of this one. 

the Gonzaga bracket? The West region? that's quite literally the hardest region in spades. I think the 12 seed is Murray State who we barely put down at home. 10th seed is UF who gave us everything. You wanted to play in that region? 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Add the fact that we just played 4 games in 4 days and they give us a Thursday game in Salt Lake City. 

It can be done.  The year UConn won it all with Kemba Walker they played all through the Big East tourney with no bye and ran through the NCAA tourney.  

We definitely got shafted, but Kansas has had some atrocious performances this RS. Im okay with the region we got (other than the distance) but I hate drawing UNC. Virginia is food against whoever they get in the round of 32 on and Duke has mortal flaws. Gonzaga outside of Rui and Brandon Clarke shouldnt be too much of an issue. UNC is a very balanced squad bro 

Hopefully the busy schedule getting out there and ready for game one won't give our guys time to think about things too much.  We did fine playing a #2 seed today in their back yard.  We have no excuse losing to a 12 seed.

mostly you can blame our seeding on Ole Miss....lost to them twice and USC game too.........seems that "bad" losses hurt more than "good"
 wins help. 

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The sec tournament should be moved up a day.   End on Saturday instead of Sunday 

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Hopefully the busy schedule getting out there and ready for game one won't give our guys time to think about things too much.  We did fine playing a #2 seed today in their back yard.  We have no excuse losing to a 12 seed.

You do know that the 5 / 12 seed games are the games that have the most upsets in tourney history?

Just now, aubaseball said:

You do know that the 5 / 12 seed games are the games that have the most upsets in tourney history?

Yes.  But the way we're playing, we have no excuse losing that game.  I'll bet they think they got a bad draw as well.

Archived