Fatigue is a concern for AU

toddc

8 hours ago, toddc said:

I hoped this would stop the argument as to whether fatigue and altitude had a effect on our players at the end of the first game! Not an excuse, but definitely a factor.

Obvious some here have never played at altitude. HUGE factor.

BTW, we will not have that to worry about that advantage vs Kansas. Unlike our previous opponent, they do not regularly play at altitude.

But they are Kansas. We have to play better.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Think he was battling rebounding and FT problems at the same time. 

And I WILL STOP YOU RIGHT HERE 😇

Horace has stopped the bleeding for us many times in a lot of ways. Maybe he should’ve been the one to inbound the ball. But I think it was okay that he was in the game.

Late in the game when we knew they were gonna foul I don't think we should've had any FT shooters we aren't confident in on the floor. There's a reason Bruce asked Chuma why he passed to Horace. 

And I effing love Horace! He's one of my favorites players. But he should not have touched the ball there or even had an opportunity to in that particular moment IMO. Teams will sit better players than even Horace is due to their FTs in clutch situations. We should've done the same as I see it. Next time I don't think we escape with a win if we do that. We knew they were going to foul and had multiple poor FT shooters out there. He was also having a subpar game overall by his standards. In our system the 4 always inbounds and he was playing the 5. Horace has stopped the bleeding for sure many times but he's not who I want on the line in crunch time, neither did Bruce and for good reason. And Horace bricked at the line. Doesn't mean he can't hit FTs but we do have better options. JMO

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Late in the game when we knew they were gonna foul I don't think we should've had any FT shooters we aren't confident in on the floor. There's a reason Bruce asked Chuma why he passed to Horace. 

And I effing love Horace! He's one of my favorites players. But he should not have touched the ball there or even had an opportunity to in that particular moment IMO. Teams will sit better players than even Horace is due to their FTs in clutch situations. We should've done the same as I see it. Next time I don't think we escape with a win if we do that. We knew they were going to foul and had multiple poor FT shooters out there. He was also having a subpar game overall by his standards. In our system the 4 always inbounds and he was playing the 5. Horace has stopped the bleeding for sure many times but he's not who I want on the line in crunch time, neither did Bruce and for good reason. And Horace bricked at the line. Doesn't mean he can't hit FTs but we do have better options. JMO

Bruce was battling rebounding problems as well. Horace isn’t a terrible FT shooter though and he’s made clutch FTs. He shot 64% in conference play which is better than Dunbar’s 58% and Jvon’s 63% in the same span. 

If anything we could’ve drew up a better play (maybe a double rub) that could spring Bryce, Harper, or Doughty open. (But lets not forget that Harper and Doughty combined for 2-7 from the FT line!) If I’m not mistaken Bruce was holding onto his last timeout so we really couldn’t draw anything up. Horace missing the FT wasn’t the worst possibility. We threw it to him in traffic at least 30 feet from the basket and he’s not a ball handler. Easily could’ve had an unprepared for TO. 

Auburn took ownership of Kansas tonight, who looked tired of Auburn's unexpected speed and accuracy. I'm so proud of CBP and the team for leaving it all on the court. Sweet 16, baby!!

8 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You stated Bruce. Take ownership.

No loser, I didn't. If you want to one day post something I'm wrong about, go for it. I appreciate how I impact your life as you aspire to be like me one day. You should appreciate how I'm making you wait, but what you are going to have to do is actually read my posts. This is like the third time you've come for me and you haven't been right yet. You post where I stated Bruce. 

Just accept that your were wrong as far as the Steph curry stuff. It was stupid to say, you said it now move on. Nobody cares, it's not like anybody thinks I wonder how Scotty2hotty feels about the subject as he's shown basketball acumen in the past.....to hold a grudge for months because you went over the deep end comparing a college player to an all time great, a first ballot hall of famer.....it's silly. No need to be embarrassed

7 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You stated Bruce. Take ownership.

He was talking about Brown and Harper. 

Isn't it amazing what a couple of days does to get over jet lag, adjust to the new altitude and rest a bit? I'm thinking that if Auburn had pulled a Friday draw we'd have seen a display similar to the Kansas came in the first game too.

It's more like being a team that shot selection consists more on jump shots you'll have good days and bad days. When the shots are going in everybody is good, it's being able to adjust when they aren't falling that makes you a champion or not

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's more like being a team that shot selection consists more on jump shots you'll have good days and bad days. When the shots are going in everybody is good, it's being able to adjust when they aren't falling that makes you a champion or not

This this this this

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

No loser, I didn't. If you want to one day post something I'm wrong about, go for it. I appreciate how I impact your life as you aspire to be like me one day. You should appreciate how I'm making you wait, but what you are going to have to do is actually read my posts. This is like the third time you've come for me and you haven't been right yet. You post where I stated Bruce

Just accept that your were wrong as far as the Steph curry stuff. It was stupid to say, you said it now move on. Nobody cares, it's not like anybody thinks I wonder how Scotty2hotty feels about the subject as he's shown basketball acumen in the past.....to hold a grudge for months because you went over the deep end comparing a college player to an all time great, a first ballot hall of famer.....it's silly. No need to be embarrassed

On 3/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, cole256 said:

You feel like anything is on Bruce?

You can't get accolades and titles then get passes IMO. It's your team then take owner ship.

Regardless of who you were referring to, who among Bruce, Harper or Brown wasn't taking ownership? CLEARLY in this clip, Bruce was. Harper and Brown didn't speak, so how do YOU know they didn't at some point? Answer: You don't. Brown, who J'von said is always on his case to improve his game, gave J'von a hug in that clip. THAT is a leader. Brown reaped the fruits of his labor. Perhaps had it not been for Brown always on J'von's case, J'von might have not come through for us against NMSt and Tennessee. Instead of dogging Brown for his personal performance against NMSt, you should be giving him credit for elevating J'von's.

Harper and Brown are the clear leaders on the team. How do YOU know they didn't take ownership when they got on the bus, or back to the hotel, or the next morning, or at the next practice, or pregame before Kansas? Or at every opportunity because they ARE leaders. Answer: You don't.

Harper led the team in scoring against NMSt. Nearly every time you mention Harper, you're dogging him about something. Harper won the Florida game with a deep three, a fact that YOU said he should stop doing. Harper has closed out numerous games with clutch free throws. We wouldn't have won the SEC Tournament if not for Harper. We wouldn't be in the NCAA tournament if not for Harper.

Post-UAB game, Harper and Curry were a mere 0.022% apart on free throw%. To argue that FACT makes YOU wrong. Harper hit FIFTEEN of SIXTEEN free throws in that game. THAT is nearly unheard of in the college game. THAT is being a closer, which was the ONLY point of comparing Harper to Curry. Nothing more. But no, you made it your decision to fabricate that single point into a full spectrum comparison. That lie is on YOU.

No one from the opposition wants to see Harper or Curry on the line to close a game. That's why NMSt worked so hard to keep Harper from getting to the line. And Harper, out of character, missed two free throws down the stretch. And, out of character, had three turnovers down the stretch. Wow he's human. So once again, you crucified him, even though he led the team by hitting four three's in that game. Instead of blaming Harper for a handful of uncommon mistakes, you should properly give credit to NMSt for trapping and harassing Harper which caused those turnovers.

But no, you keep being you. You keep being wrong. Keep dogging our team while the rest of us sit back and enjoy watching something Auburn basketball hasn't accomplished in sixteen long years.

Embarrassed? No question you are to this board and more importantly, this team. And with that, you're on ignore. Bye loser.

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Regardless of who you were referring to, who among Bruce, Harper or Brown wasn't taking ownership? CLEARLY in this clip, Bruce was. Harper and Brown didn't speak, so how do YOU know they didn't at some point? Answer: You don't. Brown, who J'von said is always on his case to improve his game, gave J'von a hug in that clip. THAT is a leader. Brown reaped the fruits of his labor. Perhaps had it not been for Brown always on J'von's case, J'von might have not come through for us against NMSt and Tennessee. Instead of dogging Brown for his personal performance against NMSt, you should be giving him credit for elevating J'von's.

Harper and Brown are the clear leaders on the team. How do YOU know they didn't take ownership when they got on the bus, or back to the hotel, or the next morning, or at the next practice, or pregame before Kansas? Or at every opportunity because they ARE leaders. Answer: You don't.

Harper led the team in scoring against NMSt. Nearly every time you mention Harper, you're dogging him about something. Harper won the Florida game with a deep three, a fact that YOU said he should stop doing. Harper has closed out numerous games with clutch free throws. We wouldn't have won the SEC Tournament if not for Harper. We wouldn't be in the NCAA tournament if not for Harper.

Post-UAB game, Harper and Curry were a mere 0.022% apart on free throw%. To argue that FACT makes YOU wrong. Harper hit FIFTEEN of SIXTEEN free throws in that game. THAT is nearly unheard of in the college game. THAT is being a closer, which was the ONLY point of comparing Harper to Curry. Nothing more. But no, you made it your decision to fabricate that single point into a full spectrum comparison. That lie is on YOU.

No one from the opposition wants to see Harper or Curry on the line to close a game. That's why NMSt worked so hard to keep Harper from getting to the line. And Harper, out of character, missed two free throws down the stretch. And, out of character, had three turnovers down the stretch. Wow he's human. So once again, you crucified him, even though he led the team by hitting four three's in that game. Instead of blaming Harper for a handful of uncommon mistakes, you should properly give credit to NMSt for trapping and harassing Harper which caused those turnovers.

But no, you keep being you. You keep being wrong. Keep dogging our team while the rest of us sit back and enjoy watching something Auburn basketball hasn't accomplished in sixteen long years.

Embarrassed? No question you are to this board and more importantly, this team. And with that, you're on ignore. Bye loser.

Regardless of???? That's the entire basis of your post now that you're wrong it's not a big deal you keep on talking? So you couldn't post your claims huh? Cool. All this dogging I supposedly do can you show it? You can't? Cool. The thing about basketball is even the greatest players aren't perfect so when something like have to protect the ball better after a bunch of turnovers in a couple of minutes is said that's not dogging. Now if you're too sensitive to read such things you probably shouldn't be on a basketball forum where of course the basketball game will be talked about. 

Can you post the quotes of me dogging Brown the nmst game? You can't? Cool. And like you confuse everything else no I said Harper needed to stop shooting the 3 and take it to the hole the UAB game.....which he did and we won. Instead of focusing on us winning you waited 4 months and tried to tie that into the Florida game and that's why over 5 posters asked you to stop posting.....because it was stupid. 

Lol at you still trying to be right about your Steph curry comparison as that's the origin of why you continue to follow me around. Sorry bro you was just wrong about that. Now that all of this is done and all of your grandstanding is over since I'm on ignore we don't have to worry about you pulling posts from last year trying to be right then right? This should be your last post to me right?

And to whoever choose to be the how could you argue guy today, please don't be drawn in by this clown and understand that if you allow people to pull posts from months ago and cut and paste them to try to fit them into complete different conversations then itcould happen to you too and that's how somebody could fabricate an argument

Soooooo, given the topic of the OP and where this is headed, I’ll wrap it up. Fatigue is no longer a concern as we are moving on to the sweet sixteen. 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

I totally agree. What we have seen the past 8-10 games is some very pesky defense. I think it has turned into offense and gotten us more shots. I don’t think we are going to run it all the way but we are at a point where we could stay hot shooting the ball. It still infuriates me when we have a advantage on a break and take a three,even when we make it.lol and we’ve been making them. 

Archived