A Super Bowl bid and a national title game bid screwed up by terrible no-calls

TitanTiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

...all in the span of four months.  Unbelievable.

Here we go with blaming the refs. Yes...they missed the double dribble but if our guys had made just one more 3 the game was over. 

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR !!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

5 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

Here we go with blaming the refs. Yes...they missed the double dribble but if our guys had made just one more 3 the game was over. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

When the refs deserve blame, you call them on it.  You cannot miss that call with 1.5 seconds left.  Sorry.  I mean, as long as we're playing "if", if UVA would have hit two more threes it wouldn't have mattered.  Games like this are always going to be tight.

All you ask for in games like this is to win or lose by what happens with the players on the court, not by the refs failing at their job.  We got hosed.

I  guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am extremely proud of this team. I've always been old school and believed that you should not put yourself in position for one bad call to cost you a game. Comparing this game to the NFC CG is a stretch. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

15 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

I  guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am extremely proud of this team. I've always been old school and believed that you should not put yourself in position for one bad call to cost you a game. Comparing this game to the NFC CG is a stretch. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

I'm proud of them too.  And while it's nice to say "put it away early," that usually doesn't happen when you're playing a #1 seed and ACC conference champion.  It's going to be tight and often a one possession game either way.  So the refs can't miss that crap.  Sorry.  It's almost exactly like the NFC CG.  You make the call that happens right in front of your damn face and it's ball game for the team that ended up losing.

25 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When the refs deserve blame, you call them on it.  You cannot miss that call with 1.5 seconds left.  Sorry.  I mean, as long as we're playing "if", if UVA would have hit two more threes it wouldn't have mattered.  Games like this are always going to be tight.

All you ask for in games like this is to win or lose by what happens with the players on the court, not by the refs failing at their job.  We got hosed.

We had our own double dribble no call too. In all fairness, I'm truly angry that we lost. I must take a week to digest it all. WDE!

Just now, Bottomfeeder said:

We had our own double dribble no call too.

You do realize that wasn't Auburn in that clip you posted, right?

You do realize that wasn't Auburn in that clip you posted, right?

No, I didn't. Well damn, I'm Sorry. Please disregard.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm proud of them too.  And while it's nice to say "put it away early," that usually doesn't happen when you're playing a #1 seed and ACC conference champion.  It's going to be tight and often a one possession game either way.  So the refs can't miss that crap.  Sorry.  It's almost exactly like the NFC CG.  You make the call that happens right in front of your damn face and it's ball game for the team that ended up losing.

I agree completely that they should have made the call. But I can't Agee that "we got hosed"  We had way too many opportunities to make plays that could have made a difference. Missed calls and missed opportunities are the human factors in sports. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

1 minute ago, SlocombTiger said:

I agree completely that they should have made the call. But I can't Agee that "we got hosed"  We had way too many opportunities to make plays that could have made a difference. Missed calls and missed opportunities are the human factors in sports. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

I can live with missed opportunities.  Like I said, all you ever ask for in these kinds of moments is to win or lose by what happens on the court with players making or not making plays.  But this wasn't some missed traveling call with 14 mins left in the first half.  It literally changed the outcome of the game.

I can live with missed opportunities.  Like I said, all you ever ask for in these kinds of moments is to win or lose by what happens on the court with players making or not making plays.  But this wasn't some missed traveling call with 14 mins left in the first half.  It literally changed the outcome of the game.

Again I agree. Just not to the point that we were hosed. Good discussion. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

2 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

Again I agree. Just not to the point that we were hosed. Good discussion. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

?!?!?

If a bad no-call literally changed the outcome of the game, then by definition we were hosed.

57 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

...all in the span of four months.  Unbelievable.

Those of us who are Auburn family and Saints fans have gotten a double dose of the most unfortunate missed calls ever.  

But Anyway.  This has been the most fun, most enjoyable, and most rewarding basketball season ever!!!  
No close second. 
I’ll buy the t-shirt, the dvd, and the collector’s edition coffee mug!   So proud of these young men!!!!!
War Eagle!!!!!

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

?!?!?

If a bad no-call literally changed the outcome of the game, then by definition we were hosed.

?!?!?

Do you realize we were up by 2 at that point? Yes it was a missed call. But fouling a 3 point shot with 0.6 on the clock was the deciding factor in the game. I AM NOT throwing our kids under the bus by saying that. The missed call was a factor but the foul and the kid hitting the 3 ft were too. One missed call DID NOT cost Auburn this game. Earlier I thought this was a great discussion...nah...the whole blame the ref agenda after every loss is embarrassing as an Auburn fan. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

7 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

?!?!?

Do you realize we were up by 2 at that point? Yes it was a missed call. But fouling a 3 point shot with 0.6 on the clock was the deciding factor in the game. I AM NOT throwing our kids under the bus by saying that. The missed call was a factor but the foul and the kid hitting the 3 ft were too. One missed call DID NOT cost Auburn this game. Earlier I thought this was a great discussion...nah...the whole blame the ref agenda after every loss is embarrassing as an Auburn fan. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

Yes.  When he got the ball after dribbling off his foot there was only about 2.5 seconds left.  The ball would have gone back to Auburn.  At best they would have fouled us with 2 seconds left.  We hit both FTs it's over.  Worst case, we make only one or miss and they are taking a desperation heave from half court instead of us.

It's literally the difference in Auburn playing Monday or not.

Missed calls happen but the importance and impact of missed calls increase exponentially when in a one possession game as time winds down.  It really doesn't get much more "game changing" than that call they missed.  Make that call and the 0.6 second corner three isn't even an opportunity they have.d

And if you don't like the discussion, feel free to extricate yourself from it.

4 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

?!?!?

WAR EAGLE!!!

It would be if YOU WERE an Auburn fan ......pretty sure you and your 19 posts are not

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

It would be if YOU WERE an Auburn fan ......pretty sure you and your 19 posts are not

And I'm sure when you joined this site you started with what....2500 posts. If someone new can't come on here why not just stop letting people create accounts. This logic of someone with a few posts not being a fan is absolutely stupid. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

1 hour ago, SlocombTiger said:

WAR EAGLE!!!

Where would that one 3 come from? Our guys held their own at the end and the officials made sure we all knew they were at the game too. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, SlocombTiger said:

WAR EAGLE!!!

This is petty, but if it is just so easy that we make one more 3. How about going back and and look at UVA’s last 3 before the half. The offensive rebound shouldnt have ever happened. The guy who got the rebound came from out of bounds and never established himself back in bounds.  To think I spent half time yelling at the tv about that call or non call. Like I said I know its petty, but it was just the first thing I thought if when I read your post.

Anyways, I agree with you that it was a great year!!  What a great run this team had!!  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!  

AU missed plays, UVA missed plays - that’s basketball.   A ref missing a fundamental call at the very end of a final 4 game is inexcusable.  Basic call.  Guy should be sent down to calling middle school ball. 

52 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

?!?!?

WAR EAGLE!!!

You make good points. Disregard Titan’s comments. He gets in a nasty mood when he is drinking.

32 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

You make good points. Disregard Titan’s comments. He gets in a nasty mood when he is drinking.

I’m as sober as a Baptist preacher. 

We got screwed. And everyone from Dick Vitale to Pat Forde to USA Today to 99% of Twitter gets it. 

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

AU missed plays, UVA missed plays - that’s basketball.   A ref missing a fundamental call at the very end of a final 4 game is inexcusable.  Basic call.  Guy should be sent down to calling middle school ball. 

I have to disagree.  Middle schoolers deserve better than that officiating. No ref should ever miss that, especially on that stage at that moment. 

Archived