What Will Really Matter in the Mueller Report

homersapien

Good article on the Mueller report regarding the political and legal perspectives of it's release.

The public will be looking for salacious details on collusion. But the most important legal questions all have to do with obstruction.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/12/mueller-report-investigation-trump-russia-analysis-barr-226651

Collusion was never provable. Obstruction was obvious. But it was other conflicts of interests that I was looking for..

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Collusion was never provable. Obstruction was obvious. But it was other conflicts of interests that I was looking for..

I agree, David will undoubtedly chime in soon with an extreme rant about my impeachment obsession, but I gave up on that long ago - thanks to the hypocrisy and venality of what currently passes for Republicans. 

Trump was at least right about one thing, he could murder someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it.

Just like his tax returns, this is really about revealing even more information on the malignant, narcissistic psychopath we have as POTUS before the 2020 election. 

Keep in mind that only about 30% of the electorate have their heads up their asses.

Nothing will matter in the Mueller report, because there appears to be nothing in the report other than some expensively gained fodder for liberals to use as talking points as they continue hounding our president while NOTHING gets done in Congress. 

The only difference between a Democratic politician and a Republican politician is the lies they choose to tell. The only difference between a Democratic voter and a Republican voter is the lies they choose to believe.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

I agree, David will undoubtedly chime in soon with an extreme rant about my impeachment obsession, but I gave up on that long ago - thanks to the hypocrisy and venality of what currently passes for Republicans. 

You did not give it up. If you had you would not continue to bring it up......getting old

Trump was at least right about one thing, he could murder someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it.

Wrong forum forum Brother Homer. Direct slap at the people who support him.

Just like his tax returns, this is really about revealing even more information on the malignant, narcissistic psychopath we have as POTUS before the 2020 election

Keep in mind that only about 30% of the electorate have their heads up their asses.

Wrong forum again as you repeat so eloquently. There was article posted 2 or 3 weeks ago about  "obstruction coming" in the other forum. Guess you were to embarrassed to comment considering the "collusion obsession" embedded in you for 2 plus years. 

Brother Homer,  2020 November is rolling at us like freight train. About time your side start concerning yourself with your horse. Quit screwing around with our horse starving.

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

There was nothing out of line for this forum in what I posted.

(And seriously, you are taking offense over my quoting Trump? :laugh:  That's rich! ) 

And please, let's try to be accurate with our terminology.  Apparently, Mueller concluded a case for criminal conspiracy could not be made.

I remember Trump asking in a speech for "Russer (sic):  please release Hillary's emails"!  And lo and behold, they appeared!  

Everyone knows the details of the trump tower meeting and how Trump tried to cover it up.  At no point did the Trump administration notify the FBI they were being contacted by agents of the Russian government who were volunteering hacked information.  In fact, they did just the opposite.  We already know all this.

While - for some reason - that apparently does not meet the standards for criminal "conspiracy", anyone capable of critical thinking would agree it amounted to "collusion" with the Russians. 

So, please stop parroting the "Mueller determined there was no collusion" line of thought.  It's not accurate.

Oh and we don't know what is is the Mueller report concerning obstruction.

But whatever it is, it needs to be made public.  After all, as you say, the 2020 election is barrelling down on us.

19 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Good to see the "but what about his tax returns" talking point. Will be needed once the Mueller report disappoints. 

He's certainly hiding something.  I'd like to know what.  Apparently, so do an overwhelming majority of Americans:

Poll: Two-thirds of voters think Trump should release tax returns

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/374875-poll-two-thirds-of-voters-think-trump-should-release-his-tax-returns

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

He's certainly hiding something.  I'd like to know what.  Apparently, so do an overwhelming majority of Americans:

Poll: Two-thirds of voters think Trump should release tax returns

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/374875-poll-two-thirds-of-voters-think-trump-should-release-his-tax-returns

#FakePoll

Mueller report, tax returns, no immigration reform, Medicare-for-all, "free" college tuition, conjecture, suppositions,. yada yada yada. What brilliant strategy to keep American eyes and minds off of the incompetency of the do-nothings on both sides of the aisle in Congress. 

1 hour ago, Hspoprn said:

Mueller report, tax returns, no immigration reform, Medicare-for-all, "free" college tuition, conjecture, suppositions,. yada yada yada. What brilliant strategy to keep American eyes and minds off of the incompetency of the do-nothings on both sides of the aisle in Congress. 

You seem confused.  Need help?

On 4/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, homersapien said:

I agree, David...lives in my head, in a condo, with a hot tub and a wet bar, grows and smokes fine herb, and does all that rent free...

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You seem confused.  Need help?

Any logical person who is not confused by the actions - oops, inaction- of Congress, other than their sniping at each other based upon political affiliation so they can get interviewed on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX news certainly needs help. What can I do for you?

18 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

Any logical person who is not confused by the actions - oops, inaction- of Congress, other than their sniping at each other based upon political affiliation so they can get interviewed on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX news certainly needs help. What can I do for you?

I suggest you start by organizing your complaints into logical categories for discussion.  You had a laundry list of current legislative issues combined with campaign positions. 

But I agree our government has become progressively more dysfunctional and partisan over the recent years.  Trump has made it even worse and continues to do so.  Hopefully, he represents the nadir of that trend and won't have the chance to continue the damage with a second term.

Well, pretty clear Barr is a lying bag of a**holes. 

trump is the biggest liar i have ever seen so is it unreasonable to conclude he would or did encourage others to lie? from the pundits on the tele the report states the collusion thing could not be proven because of all the lies they were told by folks in trumps white house.

also i stated on here that mueller and company farmed out continuing investigations to federal judges,etc, and was told that was a lie. well according to the folks going through the report on msnbc that was in fact true. and before some of you start trying to discredit msnbc remember you guys are taking up for one of the biggest liars and crookedest presidents in american history.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/18/18484817/william-barr-news-conference-mueller-report-walks-away-reilly

Watch: Barr walks away after he’s asked the most important question about the Mueller report

The press conference was a charade. One moment captures it.

Attorney General William Barr invited the press to ask him questions Thursday morning about the Mueller report. The final question got to the heart of the problem: Reporters didn’t get to read the report first.

“Do you think it creates an appearance of impropriety for you to come out and sort of, what appears to be spinning the report before the public gets a chance to read it?” Ryan Reilly of HuffPost asked, referring to the decision the Trump administration made to hold a news conference about the Mueller report before it was even released to Congress for review.

“No,” Barr replied curtly. He then walked away, ending the news conference.

That moment captured the essence of Barr’s news conference. The point of the event was, in name, to illuminate how the Mueller report came together. Instead, it gave the attorney general a chance to set a positive stage for President Trump before the public got to see the details.

It wasn’t the only time during the news conference that Barr swatted down a legitimate question about his handling of the Mueller report’s release — questions that have persisted since he released a letter summarizing Mueller’s key findings without so much as quoting a single complete sentence from Mueller’s text.

Shortly before Reilly’s question, Paula Reid of CBS asked Barr to respond to critics who have interpreted his conduct as being aimed at protecting Trump, not dealing in good faith with the American people.

“A Republican-appointed judge on Tuesday said you have, quote, created an environment that has caused a significant part of the American public to be concerned about these redactions. You cleared the president on obstruction,” Reid began. “The president is fundraising off your comments about ‘spying,’ and here you have remarks that are quite generous to the president, including acknowledging his feelings and emotions. What do you say to people on both sides of the aisle who are concerned you’re trying to protect the president?”

Barr didn’t really respond to Reid’s question, but instead said, “I’m not sure what your basis is for saying that I’m being generous to the president,” before quickly moving on.

During his opening statement, Barr confirmed that the White House was given a redacted version of the Mueller report — a luxury not afforded to Congress or the public.

He also explained away questions about possible obstruction of justice by saying Trump “faced an unprecedented situation. As he entered office and sought to perform his responsibilities, prosecutors were scrutinizing his conduct ... yet, as he said from the beginning, there was no collusion.”

Then, instead of engaging with legitimate questions from reporters and his critics about the overall propriety of his conduct, Barr walked away.

Barr’s Narrative of Victimhood

The attorney general’s presentation will likely please the president, but does little for the credibility of the Department of Justice.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You surprised? Lol

If you can't trust a guy that ran cover for Iran-Contra, who can you trust?

four hours after trump hollered out to russia during his campaign event concerning hillarys emails russians started hacking her site per what was read today straight from the mueller report.

Archived