2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They rather a guy go to LSU over Auburn? That seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul lol.

I'd rather a player go to LSU over Bama. Petty I know. :big:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Beaker said:

LJ.  LJ.  LJ.  LJ.  

I was hoping that he might give us a hard look but I’m not sure 🤔. I like the one we have committed and we need to keep it that way. Would be through the roof if we could get both.

20 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Now Bama just offered

This will be interesting. I haven't heard any rumblings of them being a factor if they offered but I think the REC has influence in Trussville.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This will be interesting. I haven't heard any rumblings of them being a factor if they offered but I think the REC has influence in Trussville.

Curious where you heard this, and also if I can get names. :D

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Curious where you heard this, and also if I can get names. :D

Multiple places. Thought it was considered well known given how many Bama has landed from there, especially recently. My apologies if incorrect.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Multiple places. Thought it was considered well known given how many Bama has landed from there, especially recently. My apologies if incorrect.

I can't dispute it, but I think a lot of the ones uat has gotten have been life long bammers. Armani has been all AU for years, this news has been sad to read and I hope to get some info when (if) youth football gets going in August.

I assume Caddy has been talking to him. Any word on whether Caddy is worried?

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I assume Caddy has been talking to him. Any word on whether Caddy is worried?

@AuburnNTexas we don't usually get word on individual coaches being worried about a recruitment, just staff as a whole when it happens. Keith has more in depth info coming on AG tomorrow. I'll pass it on Saturday if there's anything major in there.

He said Thursday nothing has changed.

“I talk to coach Cadillac (Auburn RB coach Carnell Williams) all the time,” he said. “I’m excited to get down there. I’ve talked to coach (Chad) Morris, the new OC, and I like what he has told me. He said they are going to give me the ball.”

Goodwin missed most of the 2019 season after suffering a knee injury in Week 3. However, he said Thursday he is “about 90 percent” healthy.

My knee is good,” he said. “I have to wear a brace in practice, so that slows me down a little bit, but I’m getting there. My goal is to rush for 2,000 yards this fall.”

He said he had a good conversation with Saban, who asked about his health and his rehabilitation.

Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd told AL.com this spring that Goodwin can make headlines with his explosiveness.

“He’s a guy who can take it the distance at any time,” Floyd said. “I think the big difference in him, though, is he is not just a speed guy. He also can be a power back. He has incredible balance, and he can make guys miss. He runs hard and finishes runs. He’s always getting a positive extra yard or two, falling forward. Those add up at the end of a game.”

Floyd said Thursday that Auburn’s longstanding relationship with Goodwin has been a key in his recruitment.

“I think the fact that Auburn was on him early helps,” he said. “I think he’s solid there.”

Floyd also said Goodwin is getting closer and closer to full speed.

“He’s doing great,” he said. “He hit that extra gear one time this week. Gradually, we’ve seen him get better and better. He really just got released right before the pandemic, so I think the injury was still in his head a little bit, but he’s been better every day. We have a new offensive line coach and, when Armoni hit that extra gear this week, he just kind of looked at me with wide eyes. That is a good sign for sure.”

Goodwin is the No. 4 senior prospect in the state, according to the latest 247 composite rankings. He is one of two seniors among the top four committed to the Tigers. Blount DT Lee Hunter (No. 3) is also a longtime Auburn commit.

I grew up in Trussville and its not nearly as big a REC town as some people think. Tyson and Quick were always going to go to UAT, no matter what. There is a decent amount of Auburn there

Wondering if the long standing relationship we have with him will end up paying off. Lots of smoke but I just find it hard to believe we’d lose him. 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:38 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Wondering if the long standing relationship we have with him will end up paying off. Lots of smoke but I just find it hard to believe we’d lose him. 

I think a lot of it might just be hype due to the depth of our RB unit. We have a sophomore and two freshmen who all look capable of carrying the load in the SEC. I don't think it matters, because the only back on the team with the kind of speed Goodwin has is Worm, and Shaun hasn't shown that he can take carries away from Armoni to this point in his career. I feel pretty good about the commitment, personally.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Bama pushing helps us in that it hurts LSU. Giving him a different #2, one that's in the same state as us but offered him far later, to consider is excellent

Haven’t seen yet where Bama is pushing. Yes they have offered but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re pushing to land him.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:39 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

he has some fun responses to his tweets, been so long since I've seen any arguing over Auburn football 

I followed him for about 2 weeks. Every other tweet was the eyes emoji and the rest were basically non-info tweets about recruits. I get it’s a slow time but his forte seems to be building interest in what info he has and then not really posting info. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I followed him for about 2 weeks. Every other tweet was the eyes emoji and the rest were basically non-info tweets about recruits. I get it’s a slow time but his forte seems to be building interest in what info he has and then not really posting info. 

There’s only so much he can reveal without getting in trouble. That’s why a lot of the stuff he posts is vague

Archived