2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This kid is an elite Safety.  I looked at the teams recruiting him Texas, Ohio State, etc.  Our recruiters did a great job.

Yep. Duncanville is sending something like 13 players to D1 schools. He is a great player on a great team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Yep. Duncanville is sending something like 13 players to D1 schools. He is a great player on a great team.

The rematch Saturday against North Shore is gonna be awesome. North shore won last year on a last second TD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

The rematch Saturday against North Shore is gonna be awesome. North shore won last year on a last second TD

TV or live stream?

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

Looks like Duncanville's star QB Ja'Quinden Jackson (commited to Texas) won't be playing due to a torn ACL and a freshman will start in his place. 

I don't know anything about these two schools, but that storyline alone makes me want to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

I hate these vip posts! If we can’t read them it’s just a big tease.

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Why I don't post them unless there'something news worthy in the tweets. I appreciate the guy who do though.

27 minutes ago, toddc said:

I suggest you become a VIP then!! Just like CTJR will be a VIP for us in the secondary next season!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Kid looks fantastic. Jacked to the gills. Almost like bird or dual threat rigsby 

Only thing Bird is jacked on is feathers.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I suggest you become a VIP then!! Just like CTJR will be a VIP for us in the secondary next season!!!

Let's say you are a VIP member that just read the article, theoretically what would the article say?  If you had to make an educated guess...  :bananadance:

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Let's say you are a VIP member that just read the article, theoretically what would the article say?  If you had to make an educated guess...  :bananadance:

Nice try.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why I don't post them unless there'something news worthy in the tweets. I appreciate the guy who do though.

There are some that make sense during recruiting time because they give a positive message about a recruit in their title. So I see a time when they’re justified.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Only thing Bird is jacked on is feathers.

You beat Golf to the punch.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Deion Sanders praises Auburn signee Chris Thompson

By Keith Niebuhr
9404237.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Chris Thompson Jr., Auburn signee. (Photo: Jason Caldwell/Inside The Auburn Tigers, 247Sports)

On Sunday, 4-star Auburn safety signee Chris Thompson Jr. of Duncanville (Texas) began the next chapter in his life as a Tigers early enrollee. The same day, he received some major praise from his coach at last week's Under Armour All-America Game in Florida -- one Deion Sanders, the NFL Hall of Fame defensive back.

First, Thompson Tweeted, "Truly had a great experience in Orlando. My gratitude goes to Coach Prime and everyone involved with (Under Armour) for their consistent love and dedication. Built many relationships that’s going to last a lifetime. Young bulls, don’t pass up this opportunity."

Then, Prime Time responded ...

"Much Much love my brother!! You got a gift man. @nfl," Sanders Tweeted back at Thompson.

Thompson, who is listed at 6-feet-2, 199 pounds, is the No. 27 safety nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. In Florida, during both practices and the game itself last week, he was among the most physical players on hand.

Here was his most recent 247Sports evaluation: "Physical defender with elite frame potential for projected position. Great height and length with ample space to continue to add bulk. Huge hitter who can separate the ball from the runner. Receivers must be cognizant of his presence over the middle. Provides highlight-reel pops in the open field. Flashes impressive straight-line closing speed. Enforcer in the run game when crashing downhill into the box. Provides personnel flexibility and might thrive in a big nickel role as a spacebacker hybrid. However, that also means a possible safety/outside linebacker 'tweener. Could be a man without a true position at the next level. Must improve lateral fluidity and man coverage ability to stay at safety. Predominantly plays downhill in high school. Can clean up tackling technique. If a move to outside linebacker occurs, owns the requisite frame potential and physical nature to succeed - in addition to plus athleticism for the position. Should develop into a reliable P5 starter."

Given that Auburn is losing numerous key players from its 2019 secondary, Thompson should have a chance to play early. That he's already at Auburn will only serve to help him. For the Tigers, landing Thompson was significant.

He chose Auburn last summer over the in-state Texas Longhorns in one of the biggest recruiting surprises of the cycle.

Secondary coach Wesley McGriff was Thompson's lead recruiter.

At Auburn, Thompson will room with another safety signee, Ladarius Tennison. He also played in the Under Armour All-America Game.

"I’m going to keep my head down and work,” Thompson said. “I have a high IQ. I think I can learn the system fast. I’m just a baller. I can play.”

• Love 2

Sounds like he’ll be something like Isaiah Simmons is at Clemson. He’s a tweener that’s projected to go top 10 in the draft. Steele should look at film and see how Simmons was used and try to take some things they did for Thompson 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@toddc what you doing man!?!! Lol 

tenor-3.gif

source-4.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, ellitor said:

@toddc That article was posted 4 hours earlier. lol

Omgsh!!!! Did Todd just reveal his dirty little secret that he is a post and no read guy!?!?! Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@toddc That article was posted 4 hours earlier. lol

It wasn’t right here when I posted it. Looks like it was copied and posted from my post, but whatever. Honestly didn’t see or I obviously wouldn’t have posted it.