2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

With the new signing day, we really need to be

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That gives us a leg up on next years class.

More like allows us to keep up. The bigger programs have signed most of their classes early allowing them to spend all of January on the next class while other teams are finishing up current classes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just rewatched Thompson’s video. Wasn’t sure we were going to pull him our way. Kid looks really good and likes contact. He may have a good chance at early pt. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Smoke & Sherwood.

Crime Dog had another big timer lined up before he left for Ole Miss. Devin Hunter was a silent to AU before that happened.

He had 2! Do not forget my guy CJ Averey!!! Hugh Freeze being a absolute dumpster fire at the time and not being able to attract a legit DC candidate cost us 2 big time safeties!!!! Still salty about that! lol.

Just now, ellitor said:

Was he a take towards the end? I can't remember.

Absolutely! At least that is how I remember it.

• Like 1

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not expecting this at all!!!!!!!! THIS IS HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!! WE NEEDED THIS!! WE NEEEEEEEEEEEDED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw Keiths post this morning how he had no clue but it just felt like Texas would win the day. This was one of the rare shockers in recruiting because you usually always have a hunch where a guy is going ahead of time!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WAR DAMN CRIME DAWG!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

er 33.jpg

ooiiooi.gif

ilo.gif

hjhjj.gif

ggfrr.gif

4345676h.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

I’m very glad to see us getting outside of our declared comfort zone of AL, GA and FL.   CFB recruits are becoming more mobile every year so if we are going to run with the big dogs we need to keep getting in other schools’ kennels.  

• Like 1

YES I am a rankings and star whore so I have to ask. WTF is this kid ranked in the 500's on 247 own rankings but everywhere else he is way higher?! LIKE WTF 247?! You are KILLING his composite ranking.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

YES I am a rankings and star whore so I have to ask. WTF is this kid ranked in the 500's on 247 own rankings but everywhere else he is way higher?! LIKE WTF 247?! You are KILLING his composite ranking.

They dropped him 383 spots a few weeks ago. I tweeted Barton Simmons earlier today politely asking him to post on AUC why when he can.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Impressively, we have two recruits in two days from Texas, both in the secondary. Thrilled to be making some inroads.

Things started happening as soon as I moved here what can I say? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

They dropped him 383 spots a few weeks ago. I tweeted Barton Simmons earlier today politely asking him to post on AUC why when he can.

WTF?!?!?! 383 spots well damn!!! Thank you!! LUCY YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO. But seriously that is absurd. That cannot be normal to drop a guy that many spots. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WTF?!?!?! 383 spots well damn!!! Thank you!! LUCY YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO. But seriously that is absurd. That cannot be normal to drop a guy that many spots. 

I'm guessing they feel he got exposed in pass coverage at camps this Summer.

Just now, ellitor said:

Hey @GwillMac6. I think you might appreciate this post even though it's a bit old for ya...

I SAW IT!!!! I LAUGHED TO IT!!! I LOVED IT!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and very very accurate I must say!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Great addition to the class......……..

welcome Chris...……….

so brings up the question???????????????

NEXT???????????????

just like a barbershop

WDE 

2 minutes ago, Roos said:

so brings up the question???????????????

NEXT???????????????

See Tank Bigsby thread.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

See Tank Bigsby thread.

That would be killer.    Really like this commit!  Will still need some developing in coverage but love the size and pop he brings!!   

WDE!  

Just watched his commitment video. He seems to be grounded and a hard worker. Proud to have him join the family! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great pick up! I would've thought his eligibility was up but glad to take him. WDE Chris Thompson!

THO499404.png

• Haha 1

Defensive backfield is gonna be sick in a couple of years. Add these two guys to Sherwood and Monday, Puckett and Simpson. My God.