Improvements For baseball

On 9/14/2017 at 11:35 AM, Brad_ATX said:

No thanks.  I've been to a few Texas games and they have the fake turf field.  It's just not baseball.  Also, if you make it to Omaha, you play on natural grass.

Been there a few times too. Their stadium is very nice, I wish AU had something like it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Been there a few times too. Their stadium is very nice, I wish AU had something like it.

Actually, I've never been impressed with Disch-Faulk for whatever reason.  Always found Blue Bell Park at A&M to be a lot nicer.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Actually, I've never been impressed with Disch-Faulk for whatever reason.  Always found Blue Bell Park at A&M to be a lot nicer.

Oh, it is for sure!  I love the entrance, it really makes a good 1st impression

Finally found the image that explains the turf apron.  Bermuda grass will go nuts in direct sunlight with good water.  Put shade on it and no matter how much TLC it gets, it will struggle to stay thick.....

ClGduWtWEAAjDov.jpg

ClGducfXIAAbJHC.jpg

• 1 year later...

Have heard a few thoughts on this recently, but I’m wondering how Auburn puts themselves in a position to become a re-occurring presence in Omaha. We seem to be starting to move in the right direction with batting cages and facilities down the right field line, but I’d like to see us do more in terms of scholarship money, player and game analytics, and even increased fan facilities. 

Big emphasis on facilities and analytics as many elite programs are starting to move towards these big time themes

Barring a lottery someday there's likely not going to be more done with scholly money. I also don't see waiving out of state tuiotion either for players like schools like Miss St. do. The other stuff is completely foreign to me.

• ellitor changed the title to Improvements For baseball

Sports like baseball there are not enough scholarships to go around. Even if we wanted to fund more baseball scholarships we couldn't unless we added an equal number if woman's scholarships in a woman's sport. Since baseball usually splits scholarships between players I do like the idea of waiving out of state tuition like Miss. State does. Where we would come up with the money for waiving out of state tuition and better facilities is a different issue.

We need to upgrade the facilities as well. Add a few more seats and put in some boxes. Doesn’t have to be a full fledged makeover but it’s time to improve Plainsman Park. Butch deserves more tools. 

Theres supposed to be some outfield seats added in the offseason so let’s see what else we can do. 

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Add a few more seats

Other than putting in some seats behind the green monster for the coolness of it, why? We rarely sell out what we have anyway.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Other than putting in some seats behind the green monster for the coolness of it, why? We rarely sell out what we have anyway.

If you build it they will come!!!!

to some extent we need to follow a bit of a miss st model as Butch is building the program similarly.  Enhancing practice and player facilities with a secondary focus on the game day experience.  With the development of the culinary/hospitality program I hope to God that the AD creates a great working development program together for game day experiences.  There needs to be a long term plan that is staged out. There need to be new traditions created for fan involvement.

I came here expecting to see something about the hurry up no batting glove check offense.

2 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

I came here expecting to see something about the hurry up no batting glove check offense.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I said a few more. Not 10,000 😉

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've wanted seats on top of the monster for a long, long time. We'd be, I think, the only team in college baseball with this feature, and we could give those seats some cool name. Heck, could move the K-Corner up there. How cool would it be to see a K go up high above the monster every time AU strikes a batter out?

It just seems like teams that are consistently elite have features like this. Miss State has the Left Field Porch, Ole Miss throws beer in the air in the outfield for every HR, LSU plays at Alex Box Stadium which is a tradition in itself, Arkansas has the tradition where fans run through the gates onto the lawn behind the wall to claim spots. Recruits love this stuff. Seats and attractions down the right field line and in right field is a good step, but even if we don't sell it out, we get fans another view of the game and a "cool and new" spot to be in. 

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Since the AD is a baseball guy.....maybe some of this will happen. 

If the president would get out of his way.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

MSU draws huge crowds to their stadium because their teams are consistently good. AU can do the same thing. Look at what happened in basketball....

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

MSU draws huge crowds to their stadium because their teams are consistently good. AU can do the same thing. Look at what happened in basketball....

Heck look at what happened with softball. Team was fairly mediocre for a while and couldn't even fill out a section of seats at some games. Myers comes in, turns the program into a winner, and all the sudden, we've got to put up temporary bleachers down both lines. If you win it, they will come...

Archived