AU Sports Having To Cut Budgets 10%

Auburn Kev

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Where it came from is not fake news 

Where what came from? Fake news were the insiders that you prop up on a pedestal saying Gus wanted it built his way and interfering.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

nd him or any HC should have an idea of at least particular parts to tell the people who will design it. 

He is a dorky football coach, let him concentrate on football. I don’t want his ideas incorporated in the design because again, it’s not about him. Why would we want his ideas when he is possibly going to be fired in one or two years? Clemson literally marched their AC’s through our dorms and facilities just to figure out why they couldn’t secure Montravious or Carl Lawson. Auburn was stupid to oblige for Clemson, but Auburn certainly can do the same.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Where it came from is not fake news And him or any HC should have an idea of at least particular parts to tell the people who will design it. When asked for a plan or ideas for him to basically say, "I don't know. I just want a football-only facility,"" is asinine.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Where what came from? Fake news were the insiders that you prop up on a pedestal saying Gus wanted it built his way and interfering.

He is a dorky football coach, let him concentrate on football. I don’t want his ideas incorporated in the design because again, it’s not about him. Why would we want his ideas when he is possibly going to be fired in one or two years? Clemson literally marched their AC’s through our dorms and facilities just to figure out why they couldn’t secure Montravious or Carl Lawson. Auburn was stupid to oblige for Clemson, but Auburn certainly can do the same.

Maybe you want his ideas and maybe you don't but any HC making demands for a FoF should have a very good idea of what they want incorporated in it.

22 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

but any HC making demands for a FoF should have a very good idea of what they want incorporated in it.

This really should be considered a duh statement.

17 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Maybe you want his ideas and maybe you don't but any HC making demands for a FoF should have a very good idea of what they want incorporated in it.

Maybe....but I do wonder if anyone making comments about him having input really have a clue about what goes on when a facility is designed.   I'm sure Gus has his ideas but he's not gonna be the driving force of the design and shouldn't be in my view.    Been involved in several new building designs and architects get input from dozens of people who will be using the facility, especially since the facility should be designed for the future and not just for immediate needs.  As someone suggested, the real trouble makers were the ones blaming the delays on Gus.

In my view,  Gus has his hands full getting ready for 2019 and does not need to be hashing out bathroom or locker room designs with architects.  They will have seen quite a few FOFs than Gus and if they are worth their money, the architects will come forth with many ideas that Gus nor AG nor anyone else at AU has thought about...and not just copy something that some rival already has in place.   

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This really should be considered a duh statement.

Duh...as in pretty stupid....

25 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Yet Dabo sent his AC’s to Auburn for ideas. Interesting. 

Another dyehard criticism: Gus isn’t very good at “home decor.” We will add this to the list.

I don't know how this got on Gus, but it looks like AG made a rookie mistake. Learn from it and move on.

I see @AUDevil around. He helped design the  FOF for Jimbo I believe. Maybe he can tell some people the complexities involved and whether it’s normal for HC’s to just want a finished product that sells to recruits without actually giving particulars unique to Gus or the HC.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Another dyehard criticism: Gus isn’t very good at “home decor.” We will add this to the list.

You're either missing the point or being obtuse.  No one is discussing wall coverings nor office furniture. 

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

You're either missing the point or being obtuse.  No one is discussing wall coverings or office furniture. 

We aren’t discussing football either, which is the only thing Gus is paid to do. Why you would want “ideas” from someone that you consider a dead man walking is beyond me.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don't know how this got on Gus, but it looks like AG made a rookie mistake. Learn from it and move on.

It got on Gus because I voiced my frustration for him to demanding a football only facility but not having any idea of any particular thing he wanted in it. Him not having a flipping clue is part of the reason we have to have a damn committee in the first place.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It got on Gus because I voiced my frustration for him to demanding a football only facility but not having any idea of any particular thing he wanted in it. Him not having a flipping clue is part of the reason we have to have a damn committee in the first place.

Yeah, I have stated I don't believe that whatsoever, but won't make it an argument or issue here.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Duh...as in pretty stupid....

No. Duh as in painfully obvious to everyone but Jeff and 64 who refuse the notion just because the people involved don’t come directly to them with the info  and signed affidavits .

And let me remind you back in 2013 after the N.C. appearance, Gus said he was fine with the facilities he had. He now realizes that a FOF is needed to help with recruiting, but don’t kid yourself if you think he is staying up at night thinking of the amenities to be put in the facility.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah, I have stated I don't believe that whatsoever, but won't make it an argument or issue here.

Understood. Just know that one of the people who have said the same as what WDE has posted on here before is BTA from the bunker and he is rarely wrong with Auburn info.

On Clemson’s magnificent FOF:

According to Thad Turnipseed, Clemson's director of recruiting and external affairs, he visited 36 football facilities around the country and was told by coach Dabo Swinney to "take the best from each place."

Gus’s staff only visited Fargo. 

0-12 confirmed 

Am I doing this right, gang?

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

o. DHR as in painfully obvious to everyone but Jeff and 64 who refuse the notion just because the people involved in come directly to them with the info  and signed affidavits .

Who came directly to me with signed affidavits? I do absolutely refuse whatever notion you’re presenting and what ever pipe you’re smoking. And if I’m on trial, I want @thaitopher representing me. That will be all. 

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

On Clemson’s magnificent FOF:

According to Thad Turnipseed, Clemson's director of recruiting and external affairs, he visited 36 football facilities around the country and was told by coach Dabo Swinney to "take the best from each place."

Gus’s staff only visited Fargo. 

0-12 confirmed 

Am I doing this right, gang?

“Turnipseed” 😂😂

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I see @AUDevil around. He helped design the  FOF for Jimbo I believe. Maybe he can tell some people the complexities involved and whether it’s normal for HC’s to just want a finished product that sells to recruits without actually giving particulars unique to Gus or the HC.

No, I didnt work on that.  I master planned and developed a needs assessment for the 32 teams and programs comprising the FSU Athletic Department back in 2014.  The Dept ultimately deviated from our recommendation that they build a new all-sports building so that football can grow into their current complex.  

Regarding the planning process...we submitted our questions to departments prior to interviews.  The AD allowed some anchored coaches into those interviews, and some coaches were not given that privilege. 

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ok. let's step back from the ledge and help me get something clarified:

1. Was it proven that Gus' actually said he had NO idea what he wanted in a FOF? Or was that Gus being Gus, in that he never wants to explain something to a reporter or to the media when directly asked for specifics? 

2. If Gus is donating 2 Mil to this project, I simply can not believe he has NO idea what he wants. I can understand from a drill down perspective he doesn't know what ALL he would like in it, but for 2 mil he has to have some specifics in mind(like a built in Waffle House maybe? :)

3. I saw where someone posted what Dabo said he wanted in his FOF(take the best from those that ARE the best in the country), and that makes sense in that someone else is given the responsibility to tour CURRENT FOF on campus'  to see what athletes like as well as the athletic programs.

4. As in Alabama's FOF , i think the AD and other personnel are housed in their building too, so it would seem that our newly formed committee would look at other utilizations of a FOF and not just what Gus needs or wants.

Winning builds donations and revenue.  Also, Radakovich is a stud that we should've hired in 2006 after firing Jacobs.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/28/clemsons-boosters-have-reportedly-raised-nearly-360-million-during-past-six-years/

Clemson’s boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million during past six years

A lot of the coverage about Clemson the past few years has centered on Dabo Swinney and his ability to elevate the program from a regional ACC powerhouse into a national champion two of the past three seasons. While that emphasis on the head coach’s moves on and off the field have been paramount, it’s not the whole story in the Tigers’ transformation.

Namely, the program has had a ton of money behind it too.

The Greenville News is pulling back the curtain on one of the biggest sources of that funding in the form of IPTAY, the athletic department’s booster organization that helped Clemson close the funding gap between what the program takes in from the ACC and what other powers like Ohio State and Alabama take in from their leagues.

“Without IPTAY, we would not be where we are today,” AD Dan Radakovich said. “All athletic programs have fundraising organizations, because that’s just how this all works. Each place is a little different on what they do. Their ability to cover the cost of athletic scholarships is fairly normal. But certainly here at Clemson, IPTAY does so much more.”

He’s not kidding. Per the paper, the organization and ponied up an incredible nine-figures to help power this rise:

In 2019, Clemson could take the final step to becoming an indisputable dynasty. Clemson would not have reached this peak without the thrust of IPTAY. According to IPTAY CEO Davis Babb, the organization raised approximately $360 million through the past six years.

$360 million!

While it’s not uncommon to see Power Five athletic departments bringing in tens of millions in donations that’s an incredible figure. It certainly makes it more understandable as to why the school can build new football facilities with slides and make the resulting gains on the field as well.

Is this IPTAY an arm of the athletic department or the university?  It seems like that is ALL they are organized for, which is exactly what may be needed. 

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Is this IPTAY an arm of the athletic department or the university?  It seems like that is ALL they are organized for, which is exactly what may be needed. 

It's the equivalent of TUF, if TUF were a real professional organization and not a bunch of GOB yahoos.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Was it proven that Gus' actually said he had NO idea what he wanted in a FOF? 

Not at all. It’s not that Gus has no idea of what he wants, he just doesn’t care to be involved. He’d give his opinion if asked, but Marcello says Gus hasn’t asked to be involved in the process from the start. If there is some theory that Auburn is ready and just waiting on Gus to decide, throw it away. Malzahn merely trusts whatever Auburn comes up with will be spectacular. I don’t see the issue with that at all. 

Allen Greene has already said he wanted a state of the art facility that means more than just slides and barber shops. As the AD, I think it’s appropiate that he is the one putting more thought into it. 

However, others just want to sling more mud on Gus and invent reasons why they should be mad at him. 

Archived